• Latest reply 10 years ago by a_derelict
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Wondering if anyone knows when Stern is going to start shipping these molded plastic kits to fix the flakey Metallica Drop Down Target issues?

Thx

#2 10 years ago

When you email powers and tell him you need it

#3 10 years ago

I contacted them and at the time they said they weren't ready to go out yet. Wondering if anyone has heard of an updated status since?

#4 10 years ago

Keep on them. I would email on mondays and fridays until you get a answer

#5 10 years ago

Good strategy

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Keep on them. I would email on mondays and fridays until you get a answer

There ya go! I'm sure you could get more direct info from Stern than pinside speculation on this type of fix

#7 10 years ago

What is the fix exactly?

#8 10 years ago

Molded plastic that channels the optos so they dont trip on the light show.

#9 10 years ago

Oh I thought he meant the drop targets not dropping when hit squarely issue...

#10 10 years ago

I have both of these problems and emailed Stern, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

#11 10 years ago

That's the olny complaint I have about the game even a non pinhead friend was over and was like damn why don't the targets ever drop lol.Anyway how is the person to email about this problem at stern ??

#12 10 years ago

I called Stern, spoke to someone in service, they took my name and address and told me they were working on the problem and a part for a solution and would ship it right out to me when it's done.

#13 10 years ago

I have this really bad feeling this could be another X-Men with quality issues or WPT especially with the drop downs. I'm contemplating dumping my LE.

#14 10 years ago

Stern got back to me tonight and said there aware of the problem and as soon as the fix is out they'll send it to me. Definitely good to hear as I've kind of stopped aiming for the targets since they rarely go down off of a direct shot. Better to just glance them indirectly and then they seem to go down without any issues.

1 week later
#15 10 years ago

I am having this problem now with the drops not dropping too. I noticed it in the first few games I played, but then it went away all week. Now it's back and badder than ever. I'm glad to see they are working on a fix.

#16 10 years ago

I can't believe this obvious opto issue left on machines and also that the fix kit hasn't been posted yet. Shady.

#17 10 years ago

Drops are driving me crazy. They hardly ever go down now.

#18 10 years ago

Backhand the drops off the left for now , until the problem is finally resolved - works fine.
Normally it is only the front drop anyway - right?
The other two drop pretty well.

#19 10 years ago

Yea, backhanding works ok, but it is all the drops doing this on mine. Usually sends it SDTM from the right flipper shot. Weird that it just started doing this.

#20 10 years ago

We had no problem with drops dropping on the 2 pros played for 5hours on saturday.
Did you see if the targets are binding somewhere when attempting to drop?

The reset is a diff issue (flasher interference) but the dropping is not an issue with all games.

#21 10 years ago

They are not binding. I can knock them down with my finger with extreme ease. It seems that with a hard hit from the ball, the drop flexes and doesn't get knocked off the ridge. If the assembly could be moved forwards or upwards a hair I could see it resolving the problem, but there is no way to do this.

#22 10 years ago

Maybe a steeper incline ? Not sure what you have it set at though .

1 month later
#23 10 years ago

recieved drop target fix today in mail.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 10 years ago

unfortunately, with the fix blinder bracket installed, the middle drop target on mine still is confused by the light show and will randomly jump up and down and score

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
7,600 (OBO)
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-drop-target-fix-kit-eta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.