Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ATLpb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170320_193345 (resized).jpg
20170320_192859 (resized).jpg
20170320_192813 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I've googled, I've pinside searched. Perhaps I'm missing it, but could someone please A) type out the exact order from Front to Back of the stock setup for Metallica Drop Target assembly on each rod, top and bottom; or B) share several close-up pics.

i'm looking for something like this for example (don't know if this is correct, just an example!)
Front to Back, Top Rod:
Metal Assembly, thin washer, drop target, thin washer, spring, fat washer, e-clip, etc. etc.

Front to Back, Bottom Rod:
Metassembly, thin washer...etc. etc...

I'm tweaking my drop targets and it's a nightmare. Thought I took enough detailed BEFORE pics, I most certainly did not.
I'm feeling quite inadequate as I even have pics shared with me of the diagrams in the manual and I'm still stumped.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I've googled, I've pinside searched. Perhaps I'm missing it, but could someone please A) type out the exact order from Front to Back of the stock setup for Metallica Drop Target assembly on each rod, top and bottom; or B) share several close-up pics.
i'm looking for something like this for example (don't know if this is correct, just an example!)
Front to Back, Top Rod:
Metal Assembly, thin washer, drop target, thin washer, spring, fat washer, e-clip, etc. etc.
Front to Back, Bottom Rod:
Metassembly, thin washer...etc. etc...
I'm tweaking my drop targets and it's a nightmare. Thought I took enough detailed BEFORE pics, I most certainly did not.
I'm feeling quite inadequate as I even have pics shared with me of the diagrams in the manual and I'm still stumped.

Top, from front to back: metal assembly, washer, drop target, thin washer, spring, washer, e-clip (same order for all three drops)

Bottom, from front to back: metal assembly, washer, drop target, e-clip.

20170320_192813 (resized).jpg

20170320_192859 (resized).jpg

20170320_193345 (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

Thanks so much. I may finally win this battle

#4 2 years ago

Im not looking forward to having to tear into this mech someday. Hope mine stays working for as long as possible.

Good luck

#5 2 years ago

Success. Killer pics and write-up Sparky. Now I'll say for anyone who stumbles on this via search:

Lay it all out on a table and think thru your order of events required as you add the parts back onto the top and bottom rods. Put the parts in order and laid out as if you're attempting to make a diagram drawing... and take your time. Needle nose or something similar but more precise is very helpful for putting the washers and e-clips back on. (Needle nose are pretty much required to take the e-clips off in the first place...)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside