orig_premium+pro_translite.jpg
image.jpg
560237_10151552823144244_167355832_n.jpg
mbg.jpg
metallicaglass.jpg
Masterofpuppets.jpg
04212010-black-cemetary.jpg
metallicaglass.jpg

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

They should just add Justice and Ride the Lightning LEs to the mix.

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Choices are always a good thing!

You see more choices are not good for the person buying an intentionally limited product, and more choices after the fact is even worse. I admit the whole LE thing annoys me from the start. Just make as many as you can sell to begin with. The reason for the LE is to inflate value and insure sales. More choices waters down the LE. No one will ever convince me otherwise. The End.

#102 10 years ago

Didn't they just increase prices 3 weeks ago? ie: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-price-increase-with-next-pin

Now I know it's spring... 'cuz everyone's getting screwed!

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Didn't they just increase prices 3 weeks ago? ie: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-price-increase-with-next-pin
Now I know it's spring... 'cuz everyone's getting screwed!

LMAO about the spring comment. So true.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There will be 2 premium art packages.

Great news big thanks to Stern for listening to their fan base and doing something about it. This has not happened before and clearly shows they are changing with the times and listening to us.

I looked over this thread and found myself saying: Man, Stern hears what their fans think/want and show they are listening by taking action and you all bitch about it?

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I looked over this thread and found myself saying: Man, Stern hears what their fans think/want and show they are listening by taking action and you all bitch about it?

Haven't you heard? Some people here wrote down their problems and had some people in the third world read them off.

NOT a personal attack with that video - just being cynical reading this thread and thinking "wow..."

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Haven't you heard? Some people here wrote down their problems and had some people in the third world read them off.
» YouTube video
NOT a personal attack with that video - just being cynical reading this thread and thinking "wow..."

Okay thanks for that.. We're talking pinball here it is a fringe hobby and costly to buy new so that is why we care. If you want to make a comment about our society there are plenty of other forums to do it in. This is not really the place for it.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

But adding more options at this point is BS. People buy LEs in part based on the risk of value compared to other versions.

Zero sympathy for these people. Maybe they should just buy pinball machines they like, or hope they will like. And yes, I bought a MOPLE.

#108 10 years ago

Okay thanks for that.. We're talking pinball here it is a fringe hobby and costly to buy new so that is why we care. If you want to make a comment about our society there are plenty of other forums to do it in. This is not really the place for it.

Fair enough. Sometimes, I think people just need to step back and reassess where they are and what they have in life.

Yeah, a 200-300% increase in 4 years is pretty costly. Wonder why that's happening. Some good threads have been brought up lately with some decent theories about that.

Some people here realize that a line has to be drawn for what they're willing to pay, and hey, if people with deep pockets want to help contribute to the incline in price - who am I to argue? I will freely admit as a "baby bar" in the Air Force, I don't make the mad money some people here do. It is what it is; I am grateful that I even have a pinball machine nowadays.

I think what I've seen with Metallica has made a mockery of this hobby. Kudos to Stern for announcing another edition of the machine to help offset the recent debacle from what seems like Metallica pulling rank and diverting the flow of where the machines are going. I will give them that - not too cool to pop another 5% increase on the machine though. If anyone has any good (proof) reasons as to why that increase was placed, I am all game for it. Sorry if the answer is right in front of my face, but I'm not reading all 50+ Metallica threads trying to find the answer.

Pinball has become like a comic book - a much more expen$ive comic book that everyone has to have the latest of and most rare version. Personally, I'll stick with the "vintage" machines and find these newer ones on route to play.

Someone here said it very appropriately: I'm glad I am too poor to worry about these problems .

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

I love hand-drawn art, but the Pro strikes me as super garish. Pushead would've been a way better fit.

I agree, the Pro cabinet artwork & translite logo are a bit too Garbage Pail Kids. As someone with an autographed Pushead screenprint of Prong's Beg to Differ on the wall, I couldn't agree more that he would've been an ideal artist for all of the Stern models.

#110 10 years ago

Here's a slightly better shot of the possible artwork.

mbg.jpgmbg.jpg

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

The other thing that sucks for LE people that got bounced is that the premiums run after the pros / LEs. So not only did they get screwed out of their LE, they have to wait another 4-6 weeks for their game.

I'm thrilled to wait. Ask any owner of a clunky Avengers LE if they're happy it was rushed out the door. I'd rather Metallica Pro simmer on location a while, and open a MOPLE box with (hopefully) no glaring design flaws, and somewhat complete code. Granted, it's probably already too late to fix any major flaws, but as someone who works in quality control, I'll take all the testing I can get.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Here's a slightly better shot of the possible artwork.

I think that's my favorite one...Godzillatallica style! You can see Sparky running away on the bottom of the translite, too hehe.

#113 10 years ago

Great news big thanks to Stern for listening to their fan base and doing something about it. This has not happened before and clearly shows they are changing with the times and listening to us.

Agreed. The Premium is supposed to be the unlimited LE alternative, and I really don't understand what they were thinking by eliminating the hand drawn art that everyone is obviously attracted to. I think ultimately having 2 Premiums is a perfect solution.... and ultimately a better business model than 2 LEs.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'm glad I am too poor to worry about these problems .

On the plus side you drive a time machine...

#115 10 years ago

Could be this 2nd premium maybe more desirable than the LE.

#116 10 years ago

Look at ACDC Premium. You never see AC/DC premium for sale on the used market. 1, because you can get a new in box one now, 2, its a great game. Once Stern decides to stop producing AC/DC Premium guess what, new in box dry up, used one become more valuable do to the fact very few want to sell it. Now this will not happen on every premium, because its all about art package, game play and ruleset. If the game stinks, well we all now what happens.

#117 10 years ago

Here is the other premium from Sterns FB page.

560237_10151552823144244_167355832_n.jpg560237_10151552823144244_167355832_n.jpg

#118 10 years ago

I am ok with this actually. looks very cool to me. The Le would have been cool but, this will do.

#119 10 years ago

Im believe i like this one the best

image.jpgimage.jpg

#121 10 years ago

What is it about the internet that makes people have the utmost cofidence regarding things they obviously have no clue about?

I think the main thing that I can agree with is that most of the speculators will be wrong about the things they say with confidence now and that there will be a lot of bickering about which speculating fool has the least likely speculations.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

What is it about the internet that makes people have the utmost cofidence regarding things they obviously have no clue about?
I think the main thing that I can agree with is that most of the speculators will be wrong about the things they say with confidence now and that there will be a lot of bickering about which speculating fool has the least likely speculations.

Agreed. That new Premium will drive down the perceived value of the tulips...I mean the MOP. The Premium now looks better.

#123 10 years ago

i like this also.

orig_premium+pro_translite.jpgorig_premium+pro_translite.jpg

#124 10 years ago

I like this new premium much better. Tigerlaw, you pulling the trigger on the premium now?

#125 10 years ago

Premium 1 cab with premium 2 translite would be my first choice. They flow together really well with the grey/silver colors. But honestly I like them all. Even the sweaty old guy one isn't all that bad compared to many other games!

I really have to stop thinking about ways to afford this game...LOL

#126 10 years ago

Stern listened, fixed a problem, and of course some people find reason to hate on it. Love it. New Premium is way better.

#127 10 years ago

Good work Stern. Now get the video up and start cranking them out!

#128 10 years ago

Premium 1 cab + Pro translite is how I would go, if I missed out on the LE. That looks good, IMO.

#129 10 years ago

I like how they say "Due to overwhelming demand" when they really mean "Due to overwhelming complaints" in regards to the Premium art..

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Ask any owner of a clunky Avengers LE if they're happy it was rushed out the door.

Thank God I waited for the non-clunky LE version. Mine is effing awesome!

#131 10 years ago

Ok.... I like the new premium better then the LE. In my eyes this changes the perceived value of the LE. Whatever. GLWYS

#132 10 years ago

I like my Metallica dark and scary, not cartoonish and cheesy.

#133 10 years ago

Yup, I like the original Premium Silver Roady Case with the new Premium Translite.
The silver on the translite blends in well with the cabinet too. Hopefully I can get the original premium with the new alternate translite.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I like how they say "Due to overwhelming demand" when they really mean "Due to overwhelming complaints" in regards to the Premium art..

Awesome post!

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I like my Metallica dark and scary, not cartoonish and cheesy.

This would imply that you do not like any version. I don't see dark and scary anywhere.... Well BSD might be a better choice.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

They won't do a ride the lightning because it was wrighten by the guitarist at the time Dave Mustaine. Now singer of his own band Megadeath. They don't get along,otherwise the song would be in the 12 they used for the pin.

Mustaine wasn't the guitarist at the time. He was kicked out before any studio recorded albums. He is credited with writing two of the songs from the album, and "Ride the Lightning" was one of them, but Kirk Hammett is the guitarist on the recorded song.

It wasn't left out of the 12 songs on the pin because they hate Mustaine. If that were the case, they would have left it off the album 30 years ago when he was kicked out of the band a year or two before. They also would have stopped playing it at concerts a long time ago.

Besides, they made up a couple of years ago. From Loudwire.com: "Following his messy exit from Metallica in the ’80s, Mustaine had a longstanding feud with his former band. All parties seemed to have patched things up with the series of recent ‘Big 4′ shows that saw Metallica and Megadeth sharing a bill with Slayer and Anthrax. In fact, Mustaine joined Metallica onstage in December 2011 during one of their 30th anniversary shows in San Francisco"

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Ok.... I like the new premium better then the LE. In my eyes this changes the perceived value of the LE. Whatever. GLWYS

Who knows for sure but I like to look at this as a positive thing. Stern listened and now the people who didn't get their LEs may feel a little bit better about buying the premium instead.

All this complaining (not you specifically) is what Stern gets for trying to cater to the collector. You just can't please them.

Pappy

#139 10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up!

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Who knows for sure but I like to look at this as a positive thing. Stern listened and now the people who didn't get their LEs may feel a little bit better about buying the premium instead.
All this complaining (not you specifically) is what Stern gets for trying to cater to the collector. You just can't please them.
Pappy

I don't really buy this whole "Stern is Listening" thing. I think they intended to release the second version all along. The whole thing is about marketing.

#141 10 years ago

For a moment I forgot that the LE will have grill covers of some sort? That's gonna be cool! Wish we could see some pics of what they are doing with them...

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

For a moment I forgot that the LE will have grill covers of some sort? That's gonna be cool! Wish we could see some pics of what they are doing with them...

I too forgot about the grill covers.
Like you said , Those things are going to be cool

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I too forgot about the grill covers.

salt in wound...

#144 10 years ago

No side rails with button protectors on the Premiums?

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

No side rails with button protectors on the Premiums?

No powdercoating the armor either

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

No powdercoating the armor either

Interesting. Guess that can be rectified after the fact if I care enough.

#147 10 years ago

Will the LE and premiums come with extra pf clear? The Premium is also listed as having the laser cut speaker panels.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

The Premium is also listed as having the laser cut speaker panels.

Sweet!

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

The Premium is also listed as having the laser cut speaker panels.

Sexy!

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I like this new premium much better. Tigerlaw, you pulling the trigger on the premium now?

Tomorrow is still going to be an interesting day me thinks . . .

If I get a premium, and I really like the new art package a lot, I'll wait to play the game a few times. Since there are two AC/DC's within two miles of me now I'll probably pass on AC/DC and I'd really like a music pin. Metallica Premium is looking good to me if its shots aren't too tight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-dirty-donny-edition-from-stern/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.