Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tdiddy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My premium is kinda acting funky lately..... it has 2 issues I believe but possible only 1 if someone can clear it up.

First issue...... so when I shoot into the crank it up scoop it sometimes doesnt register.... so I was think "oh it's just the switch that needs adjusting.....but it does read the switch.... it just doesn't award anything..... meaning the ball goes in the scoop and just comes back out? This isnt through the ball search either.

If extra ball is lit and the light is flashing ..... when the ball goes in the light goes solid red but doesnt issue the extra ball.... no dmd cut scene either. This also happens when crank it up is lit..... so theres no way start that mode.

I'm hoping that something happened to the code or something that corrupt it... I'm going to reinstall it tonight to see if this fixes the issue.

Issue 2

Sometimes the G.I. seems to randomly flicker/strobe.... to me I know remember the game doing this during game play and also when it sits on, it's very random.

Thanks ahead of time for any input

#2 3 years ago

How do you know it's reading the switch? Switch test? Could be making some contact but not enough. For as easy and cheap as a switch is to replace id honestly start there.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

How do you know it's reading the switch? Switch test? Could be making some contact but not enough. For as easy and cheap as a switch is to replace id honestly start there.

Because if it wasnt reading the switch.... the ball would just sit in there till it goesnt through the ball search function, the ball is going in and the coil is firing it right back out and doesn't award anything.

#4 3 years ago

I've heard of switches making some contact but not enough, and also intermittent contact due to dirt. What happens on switch test?

#5 3 years ago

I had something like this happen with my snake. Switch is/was fine. It was mechanical and it seemed like the switch would register a 'light' hit, eject the ball but not register the hit. I adjusted it so the ball registered better and it's fine now.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I had something like this happen with my snake. Switch is/was fine. It was mechanical and it seemed like the switch would register a 'light' hit, eject the ball but not register the hit. I adjusted it so the ball registered better and it's fine now.

I'll check the switch, probably swap it out and report back

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I'll check the switch, probably swap it out and report back

Suggest you adjust things before you swap the switch. I swapped and didn't fix the issue then adjusted the mechanism and it was sorted.

#8 3 years ago

You need to adjust the actuator or the position of the switch. Many brand new Metallicas had this issue. Switch gets triggered when the ball enters the scoop, but the ball doesn't hold the switch closed. I ran a Metallica launch party with three brand new games and two of them had to be adjusted right out of the box.

#9 3 years ago

Thanks for everyone's help.... seems like the switch was bad but also out of adjustment. Seems like the adjustment on that scoop is razor thin..... it's either right or wrong

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-crank-it-up-scoop-issues-?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.