5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hank35
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank35.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The lock is not perfect but the game has so much greatness this is a minor annoyance and I would rather have it than not

More often than not, the coffin magnet will not catch the ball.
With the glass off, I'll roll the ball over the magnet and it will not catch. I'll raise the playfield, reseat both magnet board cables and it will work for about 2 games. I reflowed the solder on both magnet board headers in hopes I had a cold solder joint. Again, it worked for about a game and now nothing. Keep in mind, I'm testing this in game play and rolling the ball over the magnet with the glass off.

I'm down to a couple ideas. Is the magnet board the fault? (The magnet board is the newer board.) Could it be the magnet itself? I guess the next thing I'll try is to reseat the cables in the backbox in hopes it's a cable issue.

Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks in advance

Harry

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Try changing feature adjustment #89 to no. This helped mine a lot with the phantom shots.

89 is set to NO, so I must have done this already.
I just reseated everything to the magnet. The coil, the switch, and both magnet board connectors.
It worked for less than a game. It's either a heat issue, a connector issue or a bad magnet board...if I were to guess. I'm at a loss and don't want to drop 70 bucks for a new magnet board to find it wasn't that.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You try reseating the connector on the main board?

Have you cleaned the magnet core yet?

I've reseated connectors multiple times. I haven't cleaned the magnet core though.
What would you suggest cleaning it with?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

My LE needed a new magnet coil which was a pain in the ass to replace, but it has worked great since.

Did you magnet just stop working? Did it sometimes work and sometimes not work?
I'm thinking that a magnet either works or it does not work. Mine is erratic.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

First thing I tried was replacing the magnet board. When it still didn't work I checked the magnet coil with a meter. It didn't really look shorted, but it didn't have even close to the same readings as the other 2 magnets in the game so I replaced it. Since then, no issues, but replacing it is a bear. They must put lock tight on both threads in that assembly. Was very hard to take apart without bending it all up.

I spoke with Chas yesterday. He believes it to be one of two issues. It's either the magnet board or the coil magnet itself. He said the coil has a thermal fuse in it which will shut it down if it gets hot.
I'm thinking it's this and hoping it's not at the same time as replacing it appears to be an exercise in not using the eff word. All three coils have a very similar ohms reading and read between 1.9 and 2.1 so I don't think the magnet is shorted.

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank35.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside