5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lpnsocal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

So my metallica premium was built in 2016 and i know the coffin lock magnet grab is flakey but i feel its been way worse. So my switch registers hits fine and when i do the detect test on the diagnostic page it registers but rather flakey still. Called stern and they advised i changed the boatd under the playfield and i did that as well but i really feel its been beyond hard to get it to lock. I read out the coil and it reads fine. Checked for loose broken connections etc. I see a magnet after captive ball hit adjustment in the menu and it adjusts in Msec high being 5000 and low being 2000. Im kinda at a loss on what to do. Any feedback?

1 year later
    #2 3 years ago

It's been a while...., but I'm hoping you found a solution/ work around. I've only had mine(same build yr) for a couple of weeks, it was a low play HUO and now it's exhibiting similar symptoms. Purportedly my SN indicates I have the revised magnet board, however I can't confirm and it does have the smaller resistor that has fried for some. Love the game, but can't stand glitchy!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-coffin-lock-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.