Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PDXGeek
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0704.jpg
gary.jpg
tumblr_m6ocxpW83E1r2atg1o1_1280.jpg

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

OK. Does it matter if it is Fat or NTFS?

Not sure... Ive never had a problem...or had to change formatting of the drive...

#52 6 years ago

On the second cross target when you hit it you get 2x bonus and 3x bonus on the third target. I don't remember that on the preveous code.

#53 6 years ago

fat 32

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

On the second cross target when you hit it you get 2x bonus and 3x bonus on the third target. I don't remember that on the preveous code.

It was on 1.06

#55 6 years ago

I guess I never noticed it.

#56 6 years ago

any chance we can change songs when playing a game ?
3 balls with 100 Million, and one song to listen to is a bit much

my acdc Jukebox let you change songs!!

Please put this into next code update

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Band member modes are coming along with EOL wizard mode.For now we have a new mode - Seek and Destroy to play with.And combo jackpot like tron at the dead end!And and and new animations and callouts.
It's like christmas in june!!!

Sorry, how do you start Seek and Destroy?

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sorry, how do you start Seek and Destroy?

You have to collect all 5 hurry ups.
--> Left orbit, grave marker, left ramp, right ramp, right orbit.

To collect a hurry up you have to:
1) select shot with red arrow by shooting it once (red arrows are your 'selectors')
2) once an arrow is selected it will turn red.
3) then you must collect each of the three inserts in that lane (sparky, snake, and grave marker) by hitting each shot.
4) once you have collected all 3 inserts, the red arrow and all inserts will strobe
5) hit the lane once more to activate hurry up
6) hit captive ball to collect hurry up

you must do this for all 5 hurry ups to activate seek and destroy.
once you have completed a hurry up, the red arrow will strobe indicating that lane is done.
if you complete a hurry up, progress will be saved from ball to ball.
if you do not complete it, progress will be lost.

this mode really adds a lot to the game.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

No!
If you want to hear a different song, start a new mode!

#60 6 years ago

1) select shot with red arrow by shooting it once (red arrows are your 'selectors')
3) then you must collect each of the three inserts in that lane (sparky, snake, and grave marker) by hitting each shot.
4) once you have collected all 3 inserts, the red arrow and all inserts will strobe
once you have completed a hurry up, the red arrow will strobe indicating that lane is done.

I love this mode, gives you much more to work towards. Can't wait for band member modes.

#61 6 years ago

Played one quick game on my way out the door with the new code today. Definitely felt I had
Way more to shoot for with all the polished hurry up/seek and destroy modes. I'm going to put about 4 solid hours in on the game tonight and really try this new code. Really looking forward to it.

#62 6 years ago

Barely had time to play yesterday and tonight is football.
Hoping to squeeze in a few hours after work and report back...

#63 6 years ago

Nice breakdown. I believe you can stack the hurry-ups (step 5) before collecting at the captive ball (step 6) for bigger hurry-up points (ala total annihilation), they don't have to be collected individually.

#64 6 years ago

Yes you are absolutely correct.
The danger is if you try to stack them and end up losing you ball , you have to start again.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Pretty much every pinball game ever has 1 "neutral mode" song that plays. Metallica lets you pick your neutral song, and then each mode and feature has it's own associated tune. If you can play other pinball games with 1 neutral song, then Metallica should be sufficient with your choice of a neutral song. The game isn't going to have cloned AC/DC jukebox rules....and that's OK.

#66 6 years ago

This is pretty cool actually. Makes each lane shot work in conjunction with the 'feature' shots. What's the scoring opportunity currently like in seek and destroy mode? That's a decent amount of work to activae it so I'd expect the scoring to be somewhat lucrative? Is the mode's scorin tied into how fast the hurry ups are completed?

#67 6 years ago

My LE shipped to me today, so my posting hiatus is officially off lol

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Enjoy it you lucky devil!!!

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Great news! And, I was wondering where you'd wandered off to! lol

My Pro arrives from Vancouver on Saturday afternoon. So I'm pretty stoked too.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Great news! And, I was wondering where you'd wandered off to! lol
My Pro arrives from Vancouver on Saturday afternoon. So I'm pretty stoked too.

good times!! my acdc premium gets delivered saturday as well.

#71 6 years ago

Good times indeed! Rock on!

#72 6 years ago

I'm hoping Stern adds to the code a hurry up where all the cross drop targets drop and you have to hit the cross. Make it timed and if you dont make it after so many seconds one target pops up etc. until theyre all up and it auto-ends.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Mine shipped today as well,happy,happy,joy,joy

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinlosophy:

I'm hoping Stern adds to the code a hurry up where all the cross drop targets drop and you have to hit the cross. Make it timed and if you dont make it after so many seconds one target pops up etc. until theyre all up and it auto-ends.

Drops can not be dropped by CPU must be hit by ball.

#75 6 years ago

I'm getting my le next week

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Lies, you cant change songs until you complete the mode. Its not like you can change it after every ball. You want a different song in Metallica, then start a mode and feel the excitement for actually completing something.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Lies, you cant change songs until you complete the mode. Its not like you can change it after every ball. You want a different song in Metallica, then start a mode and feel the excitement for actually completing something.

Or you can make a few shots & earn the ability to change the song and scoring options on ACDC. Metallica needs something programmed into the code where you can have the option of changing the main background music. That and a couple of the songs are horrible for pinball but I can just avoid those songs.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Or you can make a few shots & earn the ability to change the song and scoring options on ACDC. Metallica needs something programmed into the code where you can have the option of changing the main background music. That and a couple of the songs are horrible for pinball but I can just avoid those songs.

So like I said, you cant change the song unless you complete all the shots. Metallica has mode specific music, which is awesome, so you arent stuck playing a single song mode.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

So like I said, you cant change the song unless you complete all the shots. Metallica has mode specific music, which is awesome, so you arent stuck playing a single song mode.

You dont need to make "all" the shots. Only takes 8 song requests or completed shots. Usually a song can be changed with some good aim in less then a couple minutes if you decide to do so. Thats seems better then hearing the same song over n over as the main background song.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You dont need to make "all" the shots. Only takes 8 song requests or completed shots. Usually a song can be changed with some good aim in less then a couple minutes if you decide to do so. Thats seems better then hearing the same song over n over as the main background song.

You know whats even cooler? Starting a mode and having the song change to match it so the background music doesn't even matter. Having music coreographied to the game, what a neat idea.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Drops can not be dropped by CPU must be hit by ball.

He didn't say drop them, he said raise them one at a time if you don't hit the cross 'in time'. Is the mech capable of independent raises or standard mech?

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

He didn't say drop them, he said raise them one at a time if you don't hit the cross 'in time'. Is the mech capable of independent raises or standard mech?

No, because the drop targets are raised by a single mechanic. Drop targets are tough, and the design has not changed much at all in the last 30 years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside