Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MikeS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you like to see One final code update to go with the Final Production Run of Metallica?”

• YES 17 votes
    59%
  • NO 10 votes
    34%
  • MAYBE 2 votes
    7%

(29 votes)

#1 5 years ago

This post is inspired from the thread, "The end of one of stern's best pins", and response of STERNS facebook post giving away autographed flyers to the last production run of #metallica-le #metallica. I know this thread could have gone under the Metallica thread, but this feels it should stand on its own considering the scope of the question:

Would you want STERN to provide one more Code update to this already amazing game? Please reply to the Poll and perhaps a brief description to why you said "Yes", "No", or "Maybe". Perhaps you found bugs, incomplete rules, workflow issues, another Wizard Mode (shorter one)?

As you know code updates could introduce both good/bad decisions. Its not always an easy question to answer.
This thread hopefully could be seen by STERN developers and pass along to the right people and perhaps we could get one final wish.

So fellow pinheads, what fate would you put on this game and why?

I cannot answer this question yet as I just bought NIB #metallica-le and it will be arriving in a week and want to hear the opinions of others while I wait impatiently!!

#2 5 years ago

Wanting a non-specific code update on a proven 5-year-run, amazing pin that you haven’t even received yet is a first for Pinside.

#3 5 years ago

I just want the music volume bug fixed. It’s not loud enough without modifying the volumes of speech and music from factory, but I can’t stand the long silent pause at end of ball with it not on factory settings!!

#4 5 years ago

@Guinnesstime, As you see in my OP, I state "I cannot answer this question yet...", so I am not imposing I want a "non-specific code update".

I have played this game over the years, but have not had the time to learn the rules, apply them, stacking, etc...

This forum post is to see from other pinheads what they feel about the current state of the Code for Metallica. Maybe somebody else has thought of something pretty cool not already implemented that will flow well in the game, experienced a bug and want it fixed, incomplete feature implemented, etc..

STERN claims this is the final production run of Metallica Pinball, so for argument sake, it feels appropriate to ask in the forum group if anybody desires a "Code Update" to this game to go along with the "Final Production Run".

#5 5 years ago

MET is dun da dun dun dddoooonnnneee

#6 5 years ago

There WAS a Metallica code update. At least that's what I told my wife when the DMD display magically transformed from amber to color. . This post should be cross posted in the Confession thread.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

There WAS a Metallica code update. At least that's what I told my wife when the DMD display magically transformed from amber to color. . This post should be cross posted in the Confession thread.

Haha well played!

#8 5 years ago

I would like to see The 4 horsemen song integrated as was originally intended
There are already some dots for this. I don't see them enough. They are so cool !

Also I still stand by my previous comments about graveyard going to sleep during some modes, ie. not registering shots.
Only during certain modes and multiballs.
I am sure its a bug or code problem.

Outside this the game is perfect.

Awesome work John, Lyman, Donny !

THANK YOU !

#9 5 years ago

I would like the song selections to all start from the beginning, some do and some don't.
Also I would like it if the song continued from where it left off when ball drains.
I can live without these updates but if we are being picky...
Thanks Mr. Sheats for a stellar code.

Quoted from tilted81:

I just want the music volume bug fixed. It’s not loud enough without modifying the volumes of speech and music from factory, but I can’t stand the long silent pause at end of ball with it not on factory settings!!

#10 5 years ago

My guess is that there will be a code update when the vault version comes out in a few years' similar to what recently happened with ACDC Vault.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 25.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-code-update-request?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.