mets.jpg
CODE.jpg
majortom.jpg
image.jpg
OldSport1.jpg
waiting2.jpg
watertower.JPG
th-2.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fivesixpyro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Question to those with 1/2 billion scores. Did you close up your outlanes? What are extra ball awards? When I get my 150 million games they feel epic. I'm also playing with open outlanes and extra balls off. I've also had the game since the first run of pros with the fangs and honestly must have close to a thousand plays by now
-Jim

We all know they play with the glass off for 2 months. Then when the every possible strategy has been figured out they put the glass back on. I play a game or 3. they might play 10 or 30.

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from Direwolf:

I am playing the game exactly the way it came out of the box other than changing it over to free play. The outlanes are factory. I have gotten really good at nudging to keep the balls out of the left lane which is where the majority of my drains were coming from. I have found a little nudge just as it is heading towards the left lane will usually cause the ball to bounce off the post and back into play. I typically backhand the left flipper to the grave markers and try to hit the captive ball to slow down the ball on the way to the Sparky shot. Doing both of those has eliminated a lot of the center drains. And I haven't had too much trouble with the right lane drains.
My 1/2 billion game in that picture has been a one off so far. Everything went just about perfectly in that game. I had a Seek and Destroy that added 83,000,000 and a Fuel that added just over 100,000,000.
200,000,000 plus is what I am normally averaging and I have had a ton of games well south of 100,000,000. I just put up a whopping 15,460,000 this morning.

This game is great for nudging. Completely agree. if you can add up captives on your way to sparky and while earning snakes. You're golden if you hit fuel.

1 month later
#456 10 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

my observations so far
as posted on the "difficulty of Metallica thread"
I will only comment on the LE
Players need to remember that Lyman and Code team are genius,
the amazing aspect that some players forget is the "Learning - Growth " of the software
it all comes down to how good you can play as to what code can be opened up,
I am sure many players have experienced this,
you know your replay scores increase as you get better
the modern pinball to me is all about progression !
fresh sounds, new quotes,
Spidey still trips me out with some stuff I have not heard before .
so some of us chase
the ultimate "Wizard mode "
so far I am very impressed with the Metallica LE produced by Stern
The talent of Borg, Sheats and all the team at Stern is exceptional.
so, Pinsiders please
be nice, be patient
you have a great team doing their best to deliver
Ando

Amazing post! People have becoming a bit worried and even though I completely agree with your post I'll toss the other side of the coin in.

I got into pinball leagues around when Transformers was out. I read the other day that that game doesn't have final code. Xmen is coming around but it took a really long time for the game to become enjoyable. I don't think most of us were expecting a miracle but it seems like the second or 3rd update is where the game was "acceptable". AC/DC I never payed much attention to. Avengers? again, not much attention payed by me. Then. Wheel of Fortune and WPT. IIRC WPT took a really long time to become polished. That again was before my time. Now to my point.

Metallica was the best game lately code and glitch wise (pro version) and people are not impatient or complaining. Naturally people who have the game are just afraid it won't be too long. Combine that with the price increases and the market changing rapidly. It's just a natural fear. People also have more time to figure things out, point out faults, empty parts of the code etc.

Again I agree 100% but if people are expecting an update before november then I would assume there will be lots of talk starting in September. heh. See if the code came out, I'd be reading about it and not typing this redundant nonsense! At least there's American football on today!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 25.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 149.00
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fivesixpyro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-code-needs-major-work?tu=fivesixpyro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.