mets.jpg
CODE.jpg
majortom.jpg
image.jpg
OldSport1.jpg
waiting2.jpg
watertower.JPG
th-2.jpeg
There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Do you guys disable the pop up post?

Nope

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

No...it is so satisfying when i make double loops
or 1ramp then the post disable itself and make a
loop or 2.i made it to 3 loops in a row one time

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I did.
Strap yourself in

#405 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You know how some people don't shave or don't change their lucky socks until something happens? I told myself a few weeks ago I wouldn't play METLE until the code gets another update. It drives me crazy every time I walk past it!

this only hurts you.lol

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Nope. Like it too when it goes all around 2 or 3 times in a row from right to left but not altering anything until I see the full game as meant to be.

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Yep 100% better

#408 10 years ago

No way. When the ball finally goes all the way round on combos, it feels fresh because I am used to it landing in the pop bumpers and it adds even more to the game when you can mix it up. I am probably one one the few that like it as it is (when it is not rolling back down, that is, he,he)

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I do. Fuck that post. It rejects balls in the orbits almost all the time, super annoying. It never goes into the pops anyway because of that. I'd say the left side rejects 90% of the time, and the right orbit shots rejects around 50% or so.

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I do not either.

#411 10 years ago

I did not disable

#412 10 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I did not disable

same here. like to keep all my machines on factory settings.

on another note where is that lying pos birdie? that little foul bastard promised a met code update today. i have my usb in hand to beat that birdie with

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I think they should drop Star Trek to focus on Metallica
Pin is amazingly fun right now but can't wait to see it complete. So many things to do on that playfield. Love going from multiball to multiball. I find myself playing Met all the time while AC/DC, my best pin evarrr, well doesnt get much play time lately

Me three! This pin has exceeded my expections so far, and I played it a lot before I bought my premium.

Pin has potential to be one of the great ones when Lyman is done.

#414 10 years ago

With the post down I have been enjoying it more

Quoted from flashburn:

I do. Fuck that post. It rejects balls in the orbits almost all the time, super annoying. It never goes into the pops anyway because of that. I'd say the left side rejects 90% of the time, and the right orbit shots rejects around 50% or so.

This is what happens on mine

#415 10 years ago

Code between now and expo when I said end of next week I had my expo date mixed up. It's coming, I assure you.

#416 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

No more, didn't work for me

#417 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

You need to junk that stock plastic post and replace it with a metal up post. I'd say im down to around 10% or less on rejects from the left orbit and 0% on the right orbit.

#418 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You need to junk that stock plastic post and replace it with a metal up post. I'd say im down to around 10% or less on rejects from the left orbit and 0% on the right orbit.

I know it was mentioned before (I think in a different thread), but can you tell me the part number of the metal post? I'd definitely like to give ti a try at least. If I have anywhere near the results you are having with it, that'd be fantastic.

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I know it was mentioned before (I think in a different thread), but can you tell me the part number of the metal post? I'd definitely like to give ti a try at least. If I have anywhere near the results you are having with it, that'd be fantastic.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17986

#420 10 years ago

I disabled the post for now

I hope new code will address the complaints

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Replace that plastic post with a metal one. I did, and now the ball goes into the pops 80% of the time.

Edit: oops, Smassa beat me to it.

#423 10 years ago

I put the the same post in and had to remove it because the ball would get stuck on the post when it was down because there is a little space between the playfield and the post it self because of the diameter of the armature.
Mabey I will try again

#424 10 years ago

F that post, it is so pointless and a flow killer.
It's only there because Gary has a rule for every game:
Get the ball in the pops !

Just like my TRON, MET will have the post disabled for life.

#425 10 years ago

I really don't know why you guys are so against the post. Its not that bad and does serve a purpose.

#426 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I really don't know why you guys are so against the post. Its not that bad and does serve a purpose.

The purpose it serves is useless. Just like on Tron....

#427 10 years ago

On Tron at least theres a super pops mode you could argue needs the post if you want to feed the pops (although Gem and left orbit are plenty for me) but on Metallica there is yet to be any reason to want the ball in the pops except for fuel mode (and on the premium/LE the spinners are better anyway) so the post will stay disabled until it only feeds the pops when it makes sense imo.

#428 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I really don't know why you guys are so against the post.

It's a flow killer.

#429 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

It's purpose is to reject balls back the way they came? I don't think so. If it worked properly, then I'd agree.

That said, I'm going to order one of those metal posts to try to fix Stern's screwup.

1 week later
#430 10 years ago

I didn't mind that they would need more time to make the metallica code great. But now it's getting
ridiculous, still no announcement from STERN that we will get an update. There are threads and posts over posts with people crying for new code. You can't ask for it on facebook, the posts are getting deleted very fast. And if you ask the Stern support you will get this answer: "Please check our website periodically for future software updates."

How good and how big will this update be? When I take my WOZ as an example and what big steps this game took in the same time? I doubt they can realy compete codewise. Metallica is a keeper for me, layout is great, artwork is awesome and the theme is a dream theme for me. But in the future I will vote with my wallet, there are now enough other options, and I will not buy any more games that are lacking in one of the important areas of game designing.
STERN PINBALL, INC. is the leading maker of for short time fun but then boring and unfinished pinball games in the world!

#431 10 years ago

That's one angry dude

Really we have read posts after posts...it's coming....next week, 2 weeks max, at the expo.

The expo came and went. Even worst at the expo we learned that we have now serious players who wants a piece of the pie. MMR, remakes threads after threads now I think Stern is focussing on that and codes are on a quo status.

X-men, Avengers, AC/DC, Metallica now Star Trek and who knows we have tons of rumors about Walking Dead. If they keep popping up pins with unfinished code whats the point besides making money asap to make sure they filled all our basemen and we can't buy pins from the competition.

Loosing fate guys, really this close to skip a few Sterns and go to Hobbits paradise

#432 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Metallica is a keeper for me, layout is great, artwork is awesome and the theme is a dream theme for me. But in the future I will vote with my wallet, there are now enough other options, and I will not buy any more games that are lacking in one of the important areas of game designing.

Unfortunately I have to agree. This will be my first and last NIB 'early adopter' purchase from Stern, or likely any manufacturer right now quite frankly.

#433 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

T
Loosing fate guys, really this close to skip a few Sterns and go to Hobbits paradise

What does loosing fate mean? Did you let fate go? Hopefully she wasn't "the one."

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

What does loosing fate mean? Did you let fate go? Hopefully she wasn't "the one."

Nah not that kind of fate. Faith, sorry guys no big secret now : english is not my first language

Anyway, these are exciting times for pinball but I would really want my pins with a complete and full code before moving on. As you can see with my collection : AC/DC, Avengers and Metallica I pretty much had up the a$$ with full codes.

Can live with Avengers, solid game to me. AC/DC Premium is my favorite game and is pretty solid as it is but with final code could become the best of all time, to me. Metallica is missing a lot of basic features such as : end of the line, group feature and that son of a mystery with that 500 000 or fuel &@$?!

#435 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Faith, sorry guys no big secret now : english is not my first language

No worries, I'm sure it's 1,000 times better than my French.

#436 10 years ago

IMHO, the only real problem with the current code is the mystery hole that gives only 500 000.
This pin is so sharp and unforgiving that the top combo modes and other rewards are pointless.

I truly believe that this playfield is not well designed, with way too many SDTM and outlane loss. And obviously, when you see how difficult it is to hit sparky without losing the ball, setting the number to 10 to have a multiball is simply unplayable. Same remark for grave markers, and no comment about Fuel.

At this point, I'm really disappointed

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

IMHO, the only real problem with the current code is the mystery hole that gives only 500 000.
This pin is so sharp and unforgiving that the top combo modes and other rewards are pointless.
I truly believe that this playfield is not well designed, with way too many SDTM and outlane loss. And obviously, when you see how difficult it is to hit sparky without losing the ball, setting the number to 10 to have a multiball is simply unplayable. Same remark for grave markers, and no comment about Fuel.

Really? Sounds like you have more problems besides the code. I have the same pin, and haven't experienced these ''playfield design issues''

This pin is awesome, and it's with unfinshed code.
Patience.

#438 10 years ago

I'll shoot a video so you can see how bad is my experience.

#439 10 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I'll shoot a video so you can see how bad is my experience.

D'ont waste time on a video,instead you should practice

#440 10 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Yeah sorry this is skill stuff you're describing Metallica is not an easy game to keep the ball alive, but it's no Iron Man drainfest either. The only playfield issues I have are the rear up-post and an occasional snake spit SDTM although that seems to have been remedied. There are far fewer dangerous moments in Metallica than ACDC for instance.

Sparky is almost too easy to get, and is easily one of the safest shots in the game... no damn pick targets to rocket things back at you. I actually don't focus on Sparky right now because the game is so cookie cutter to play. Every game would be the same so instead I try to progress the harder shots for something to do. In a tournament, it's Sparky all day.

The only thing i'll agree on is that the combos, fuel jackpots, justice for all mode, and even Fuel mode occasional amount to essentially no points compared to a good high score. Why would I shoot the Fuel 'End of Line" jackpot on a combo when its a paltry 1-2 mil, only to have the ball over in a dangerous area? Lady Justice is like, 300k a shot, on ramps that are quite difficult to combo continuously. Then get into a MB and boom, every shot is worth 300+k and can be multiplied by 4x. Makes the other shots pointless.

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Nadda. Factory settings for this kid.

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nadda. Factory settings for this kid.

Disable the post. I dare you

#443 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Disable the post. I dare you

And what? I might discover some unearthly delights?

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Before I call someone out on English grammar, I always check to see where where they are from. In this case - Quebec.

#445 10 years ago

Can't they just copy it from someone else? Isn't that what he has done his whole career?

#446 10 years ago

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting Metallica code any time soon, even though it's already been a ridiculously long time even by Stern standards. I've heard that Lyman has more or less moved away from Metallica. Stern has too much riding on Star Trek right now and I don't think it's selling as well as they were counting on. They've already made 90% or more of the money they could ever make from Metallica, whether they finish the code or not. The timing sucks and that stupid hammer on the premium/LE used up all of the dedicated coding time from Lyman.

I will not be upset if I'm eating crow in short order here.

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Stern has too much riding on Star Trek right now and I don't think it's selling as well as they were counting on.

Then maybe they should understand that Metallica unfinished code is the reason why people are waiting on ST ?

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting Metallica code any time soon, even though it's already been a ridiculously long time even by Stern standards. I've heard that Lyman has more or less moved away from Metallica. Stern has too much riding on Star Trek right now and I don't think it's selling as well as they were counting on. They've already made 90% or more of the money they could ever make from Metallica, whether they finish the code or not. The timing sucks and that stupid hammer on the premium/LE used up all of the dedicated coding time from Lyman.

Stern doesn't normally bring a developer onto a game they never worked on...e.g., Lyman was not brought onto X-Men, so if Lonnie is the main or overseer of ST, I can't believe Lyman is spending much time on ST, with Metallica code unfinished.

In the end, Lyman's name and reputation is pinned to Metallica, not ST... as well as Stern's reputation for not finishing code. It is in Stern's best interest, by far, to let Lyman finish Metallica.

#449 10 years ago

Well, IF Lyman was completely dedicated to finishing Metallica still, I think we would have had a major code update by now. He must be spending time on something else, even if it's not ST.

#450 10 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I truly believe that this playfield is not well designed,

Uh...

the playfield design is by far the best thing that this pin has going for it. It is excellent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-code-needs-major-work/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.