mets.jpg
CODE.jpg
majortom.jpg
image.jpg
OldSport1.jpg
waiting2.jpg
watertower.JPG
th-2.jpeg
There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

If I were Jack, I would make a serious play for Lyman right now and try to lock in SRP for the next game. If not, I would work Lawlor to come back.

That would be a huge blow, but frankly, more important for Jack is to hire someone who knows how to create and run a manufacturing facility. They most likely had more games designed and in the pipeline than they could possibly get out the door, so until that is worked through, it's wasted money to have a lot of designers and coders sitting on their hands.

#352 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Look at acdc. Miles above this game in every way except the playfield art..

Yet another subjective comment with no substance to back it up. If you're going to compare games, COMPARE them.

#353 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

That would be a huge blow, but frankly, more important for Jack is to hire someone who knows how to create and run a manufacturing facility.

He just did that....5 yr employment agreement....

#354 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Are you new to the hobby? IM and BBH were both 99% done when they shipped. Stern publicly bragged that they were done upon release. That was 3 years ago.

New-ish. Been around for 3-4 years now. Sorry it sounds like I offended you by glazing over two of the simplest games out of 15-20 games in the past decade? Not to mention my comment was a bit tongue in cheek and was more referring to the post previous requesting a 'NIB game with complete code'. Presently it is close to impossible to fulfill that request as all the NIB IM and BBH are essentially gone.

He may be polishing games on his own time, but no way is Stern officially done with MET. They won't leave another playfield light out there that doesn't do anything. If you're going to throw stuff like that out here, you better back it up with a source.

100% agreed.

#355 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

wtf........Just leave it hanging and everybody is left to guess when it might be done....

I thought you received your Woz?

#356 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Stop worrying about code until you can conquer whats already there.

Well, that lasted about a week. Thanks.

I still will hold this game because it is my dream theme and the potential for greatness seems obvious to me. Wishing there is more to the game is how I walk away from it each time. I am definitely patient, though. It will come.

#357 10 years ago

Potential is there but that 500 000 mystery hole is ridiculous. Would have take them 5 minutes to at least make you want to aim for that shot. Sure once the code is complete game will be one of the best out there.

#358 10 years ago

I updated the software to 1.22 on our floor model at work Friday - usually when I do that another code update comes out right after so I have to do it again.
I'm trying!!

I think next one will be BIG. All the ones up to now have been bug fixes and hammer adjustments.

D

#359 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I updated the software to 1.22 on our floor model at work Friday - usually when I do that another code update comes out right after so I have to do it again.
I'm trying!!
I think next one will be BIG. All the ones up to now have been bug fixes and hammer adjustments.
D

Next one needs to be big as a lot of people on the fence as regards buying. I am one of them but holding out for next update.

#360 10 years ago

Not hearing any info from those in the know? Usually someone confirms that an update is on the way but seems very quiet........anyone know??!

#361 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

That would be a huge blow, but frankly, more important for Jack is to hire someone who knows how to create and run a manufacturing facility. They most likely had more games designed and in the pipeline than they could possibly get out the door, so until that is worked through, it's wasted money to have a lot of designers and coders sitting on their hands.

Huge blow? To Stern, but not pinball. Let these guys make machines with better budgets and newer platforms. SRP and Lyman are working under accountant orders right now. People can only work on things "at home" for so long before they start looking for new avenues of employment.

#362 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

SRP and Lyman are working under accountant orders right now.

That's harsh and almost certainly wrong. Anyone who presumes to know how Stern operates should explain how they get all of this inside information. Personally I think it's all speculative bullshit.

#363 10 years ago

Is anyone out there .... ?

majortom.jpgmajortom.jpg

#364 10 years ago

Another thread says big update in month or so....... rumors, rumors!

#365 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Another thread says big update in month or so....... rumors, rumors!

I could swear i saw that mosted a month ago

#366 10 years ago

Yawn
Wake me up when there's an update

#367 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

yyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppp

No, think I remember at least a second small run. Anybody else recollect?

#368 10 years ago

I am still waiting for final ACDC code that has specific rules for lower playfield and an option to integrate live songs during game play.

1 week later
#369 10 years ago

plz

CODE.jpgCODE.jpg

#370 10 years ago

Code please

#371 10 years ago

mets.jpgmets.jpg

#372 10 years ago

End of next week.

#373 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

End of next week.

Hope it's a biggie!

#374 10 years ago

I just got back from Metallica: Through the Never 3D IMAX....YEEEEAAAAAHHH!!! I'm pumped & ready for updates!!!! WOOOOO!!!!

#375 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just got back from Metallica: Through the Never 3D IMAX....YEEEEAAAAAHHH!!!

We saw it last Friday and my wife said, "Look they're wearing the same outfits as the translite".

(Which I'm trying to trade for a DD Monsters version )

Pretty sweet in IMAX 3D.

1 week later
#376 10 years ago

Friiiiiiidaaaaaayyyy!!!

column_021-dog-memes.jpgcolumn_021-dog-memes.jpg

#377 10 years ago

I hope it's today but I have a feeling it won't be until next week.

#378 10 years ago

Sorta off topic but I got some CT purple LED flashers for the coffin - HOLY SHIIIIT it looks so cool!

#379 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sorta off topic but I got some CT purple LED flashers for the coffin - HOLY SHIIIIT it looks so cool!

Really? What makes it cooler than the stock red flashers? I've toyed with the idea of doing something different, but the red seems pretty good.

Which version of the CT flashers did you use?

#380 10 years ago

It's magic time! I'm sitting here waiting for the massive code dump. Come to poppa!

#381 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really? What makes it cooler than the stock red flashers? I've toyed with the idea of doing something different, but the red seems pretty good.

I put in red CT flashers in the coffin and I didn't like them at all. Put the red 89's back in.

Put a green CT flasher for the snake flasher - how that wasnt factory i have no clue. Looks cool.

#382 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well the coffin normally has a red glow from the optos - I thought purple might be a neat contrast. CT's purple is very "cool whiteish-purple" ...it just looks really cool in the coffin, IMO...really bright, the color makes it kinda spooky. I used the flat top ones.

I love that CT has flex flashers now - I put those (cool white) behind the Sparky back panel...INTENSE!

#383 10 years ago

You know how some people don't shave or don't change their lucky socks until something happens? I told myself a few weeks ago I wouldn't play METLE until the code gets another update. It drives me crazy every time I walk past it!

#384 10 years ago

Where is the code update ?

#385 10 years ago

Sorry.... no code update.... ST is too important...... Down memory sticks everybody

#386 10 years ago

I second the purple flashers !

Well the coffin normally has a red glow from the optos - I thought purple might be a neat contrast. CT's purple is very "cool whiteish-purple" ...it just looks really cool in the coffin, IMO...really bright, the color makes it kinda Spooky. I used the flat top ones.

I love that CT has flex flashers now - I put those (cool white) behind the Sparky back panel...INTENSE!

#387 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You know how some people don't shave or don't change their lucky socks until something happens? I told myself a few weeks ago I wouldn't play METLE until the code gets another update. It drives me crazy every time I walk past it!

Sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Game is fun right now. Get back in there and enjoy it.

#388 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I thought purple might be a neat contrast. CT's purple is very "cool whiteish-purple" ...it just looks really cool in the coffin, IMO...really bright, the color makes it kinda Spooky. I used the flat top ones.

I use those purple ones in my Shadow, it's a good color for a flasher, it really is cool and bright, not candy-ish.

#389 10 years ago

I had my sparky out for a Upgrade - and will not play until new code comes out or until the 16th comes and the rumors prove to be false - its killing me

#390 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Seriously +1

What's there now is already one of my favorite pins.
The only thing that's really currently lacking is the wizard mode.
I like having an endgame to shoot for, especially a difficult one.

Band member modes, crank it up, and mystery are all just icing on the cake.
Hopefully the code pie will be fully baked next week !

#391 10 years ago

Next month this will be a dead thread

#392 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I had my sparky out for a Upgrade - and will not play until new code comes out or until the 16th comes and the rumors prove to be false - its killing me

Looks like you won't be playing for awhile. Bummer.

#393 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Next month this will be a dead thread

Does this mean Metallica code will be complete in a month from now

#394 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Not because it's not fun the way it is. I think it's great. It's a superstitious and self discipline thing. It has also got me playing my other games again

#395 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Friiiiiiidaaaaaayyyy!!!

column_021-dog-memes.jpg 50 KB

#396 10 years ago

I think they should drop Star Trek to focus on Metallica

Pin is amazingly fun right now but can't wait to see it complete. So many things to do on that playfield. Love going from multiball to multiball. I find myself playing Met all the time while AC/DC, my best pin evarrr, well doesnt get much play time lately

#397 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I think they should drop Star Trek to focus on Metallica
Pin is amazingly fun right now but can't wait to see it complete. So many things to do on that playfield. Love going from multiball to multiball. I find myself playing Met all the time while AC/DC, my best pin evarrr, well doesnt get much play time lately

Same here,i tough at first it was the theme making it so good to me (cause i love MetallicA the Band) but now i am getting caught up in the game trying to make high score or Fuel high score or Seek and Destroy high score,i focus a
lot on getting Seek and Destroy started...Love it!!!

Multiball after multiball...other modes will make this game Insane.

My other pins are also collecting dust!

#398 10 years ago

Do you guys disable the pop up post?

#399 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I do not...

#400 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I do not...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-code-needs-major-work/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.