Topic Stats

• 466 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

column_021-dog-memes.jpg
mets.jpg
CODE.jpg
majortom.jpg
image.jpg
OldSport1.jpg
waiting2.jpg
watertower.JPG
th-2.jpeg

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting Metallica code any time soon, even though it's already been a ridiculously long time even by Stern standards.

It's been 2 1/2 months since the last MET code update (August 13)! That's a "ridiculously long time even by Stern standards"? Really?

I've heard that Lyman has more or less moved away from Metallica. Stern has too much riding on Star Trek right now and I don't think it's selling as well as they were counting on. They've already made 90% or more of the money they could ever make from Metallica, whether they finish the code or not. The timing sucks and that stupid hammer on the premium/LE used up all of the dedicated coding time from Lyman.

Now you are just making stuff up.

I want updated code for MET as much as anyone, but making stuff up and using hyperbole isn't going to help.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's been 2 1/2 months since the last MET code update (August 13)! That's a "ridiculously long time even by Stern standards"? Really?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough that I was referring to updates other than 'hammer fixes' or other minor scoring tweaks. I'm talking about major updates. The update that added Seek and Destroy was the last real update I recall.

Quoted from RobT:

Now you are just making stuff up.

I'm not making anything up. I didn't mean to imply that Lyman is working on ST, just that he isn't dedicating all of his time to Metallica. That's what I had heard. The ST part was just my guess tho. I should have made the distinction there.

#453 6 years ago

Stern are really testing people's patience for sure.

I won't even think about buying a ST until MET code is done.

#454 6 years ago

This is what John Borg told me last week: "Lyman is working on it. We have pinball expo this week but I figure an update will be coming a couple weeks after"

So hopefully not long

#455 6 years ago

my observations so far

as posted on the "difficulty of Metallica thread"
I will only comment on the LE

Players need to remember that Lyman and Code team are genius,

the amazing aspect that some players forget is the "Learning - Growth " of the software

it all comes down to how good you can play as to what code can be opened up,

I am sure many players have experienced this,

you know your replay scores increase as you get better

the modern pinball to me is all about progression !

fresh sounds, new quotes,

Spidey still trips me out with some stuff I have not heard before .

so some of us chase
the ultimate "Wizard mode "

so far I am very impressed with the Metallica LE produced by Stern
The talent of Borg, Sheats and all the team at Stern is exceptional.

so, Pinsiders please

be nice, be patient

you have a great team doing their best to deliver

Ando

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

my observations so far
as posted on the "difficulty of Metallica thread"
I will only comment on the LE
Players need to remember that Lyman and Code team are genius,
the amazing aspect that some players forget is the "Learning - Growth " of the software
it all comes down to how good you can play as to what code can be opened up,
I am sure many players have experienced this,
you know your replay scores increase as you get better
the modern pinball to me is all about progression !
fresh sounds, new quotes,
Spidey still trips me out with some stuff I have not heard before .
so some of us chase
the ultimate "Wizard mode "
so far I am very impressed with the Metallica LE produced by Stern
The talent of Borg, Sheats and all the team at Stern is exceptional.
so, Pinsiders please
be nice, be patient
you have a great team doing their best to deliver
Ando

Amazing post! People have becoming a bit worried and even though I completely agree with your post I'll toss the other side of the coin in.

I got into pinball leagues around when Transformers was out. I read the other day that that game doesn't have final code. Xmen is coming around but it took a really long time for the game to become enjoyable. I don't think most of us were expecting a miracle but it seems like the second or 3rd update is where the game was "acceptable". AC/DC I never payed much attention to. Avengers? again, not much attention payed by me. Then. Wheel of Fortune and WPT. IIRC WPT took a really long time to become polished. That again was before my time. Now to my point.

Metallica was the best game lately code and glitch wise (pro version) and people are not impatient or complaining. Naturally people who have the game are just afraid it won't be too long. Combine that with the price increases and the market changing rapidly. It's just a natural fear. People also have more time to figure things out, point out faults, empty parts of the code etc.

Again I agree 100% but if people are expecting an update before november then I would assume there will be lots of talk starting in September. heh. See if the code came out, I'd be reading about it and not typing this redundant nonsense! At least there's American football on today!

#457 6 years ago

My best advice is continue to be patient and have faith that it is coming. Lyman has a track record of making fantastic games and code that appeal to us diehards. It is coming but not at the speed many of us wish it would.

It may be 2 weeks, a month... etc but it's not as soon as people think.

#458 6 years ago

Stern, please be patient too !

You got my money once, and you'll have to wait a looooooong time before you see one cent from me again !

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

My best advice is continue to be patient and have faith that it is coming. Lyman has a track record of making fantastic games and code that appeal to us diehards. It is coming but not at the speed many of us wish it would.
It may be 2 weeks, a month... etc but it's not as soon as people think.

I don't get this. What I hear is the next update is major, but they have some modes done so why not just give us 2 updates instead of making us wait. Most of us would rather have a few minor updates over waiting for a major one

#460 6 years ago

You guys keep talking about faith & patience.

I can't be the only one refusing to buy incomplete machines.

No way I'm going to dedicate space/money for something hollow

#461 6 years ago

if anyone wants to sell their MOP LE, b/c of unfinished code, please let me know. ty

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from kosmo:

Stern, please be patient too !
You got my money once, and you'll have to wait a looooooong time before you see one cent from me again !

Agreed I won't hand over money again before it's released I'll wait.

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

if anyone wants to sell their MOP LE, b/c of unfinished code, please let me know. ty

8.2k!

#464 6 years ago

I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on Star Trek Pro, but If I want to spin my wheels, I'll do so on my Metallica- which I love.
It's just disappointing to play for nothing.

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I don't get this. What I hear is the next update is major, but they have some modes done so why not just give us 2 updates instead of making us wait.

Sounds like a 'ONE-AND-DONE' to me.
1 update to rule them all!

I hope it's a good one, because it's probably our last update.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Sounds like a 'ONE-AND-DONE' to me.
1 update to rule them all!
I hope it's a good one, because it's probably our last update.

Lyman tends to keep polishing games he works on until they're great. It may be that we get this update and another 4 months go by until there's another. But it will be awesome within a year. It's probably best to buy after the games been out a year though rather then having it in house unfinished.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside