New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 228886)

Metallica cliffys

By drewbo81

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

How necessary are all protectors on a home use pin?
specifically shooter lanes rail etc. I recently ordered a met premium and am getting scoop and magnet cliffy etc...but unsure if other protectors are worth time and effort.

#2 2 years ago

The shooter lane and switch protectors are easier to put on then then the scoop protector

I put them on my hou games. Not necessary but I want to protect them. Sterns clear coat is hit or miss and the few bucks for a life of protection is worth it to me

#3 2 years ago

Shooter lane just needs a piece of mylar. Not worth time or monies IMO

#4 2 years ago

Don’t use the metal magnet protector. Mine curled up and f’d up a small spot on my playfield. Mylar is the way to go

#5 2 years ago

I just put mylar around the sparky magnet. Works great. Everywhere else has the cliffys.

#6 2 years ago

Thanx for responses guys. I will buy some Mylar

#7 2 years ago

If I was you I would install all the Cliffys on the machine....scoop, drain, switches, and shooter lane....might be a little over kill, but its worth $50 to protect your expensive game...I agree that the magnet protectors are kind of a waste...

#8 2 years ago

ptownpin I did order scoop snake and shooter and decided to Mylar magnets. I think you are spot on with protecting our expensive toys

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Thanx for responses guys. I will buy some Mylar

You can use the Mylar circles that are slightly larger than the magnet, Pinball Life sells them in packs. You just need to change it out every so often, depending on your play time and such. As the Mylar will start to wear but is easy enough to pull off and replace.

Brad

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

ptownpin I did order scoop snake and shooter and decided to Mylar magnets. I think you are spot on with protecting our expensive toys

cheap insurance ....we can argue all day if their really necessary in an HUO environment

#11 2 years ago

I did the cliffy carbon fiber around the magnets. Been great so far.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside