• Latest reply 7 years ago by Chrizg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161028_134954 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Not against! Just noticed a chip in the clear coat seen here in the pic. Game was made in April and has less then 400 plays. Anyone else had issues?

20161028_134954 (resized).jpg20161028_134954 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

It doesn't look like a chip. More like lifting. I noticed a little in the same area and put some mylar over it to hopefully prevent more damage. Its the only place it has happened on mine, and ya can't see it unless you are really looking down there, thankfully.

#3 7 years ago

This is standard on most sterns, my met, tron and mmr all have it.

#4 7 years ago

Sadly this isn't the case on older Stern games like POTC, LOTR and T3. Something changed...

My Metallica has the same issue. It has not gotten worse but it's still like yours.

#5 7 years ago

My first run metallica doesn't have it. Neither does my mustang, sopranos, or sst.

#6 7 years ago

The rest of the playfield looks good, don't see any other damage. Always something...

#7 7 years ago

Doesn't seem normal to me. My Metallica an ACDC are both fine.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Doesn't seem normal to me. My Metallica an ACDC are both fine.

Same thought but others that posted on here said they have the same issue.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Same thought but others that posted on here said they have the same issue.

Maybe it is just me but it seems like people are letting things slide too much. I get blown away that people are putting mylar down on shooter lanes on NIB home use games to protect it. Maybe I am naive but I don't think this should be needed.

Good luck!

#10 7 years ago

There is an arcade in town that has about 10 recent Sterns from the past few years. I turned on my iPhone's flashlight and examined this area in detail. Every game had this, although the extent was variable. On the most involved game it actually was so bad a small piece of the nearby artwork which extended into this area was missing. Of course these pins are in a very busy arcade (probably the busiest in the entire DFW Metroplex) and are being constantly played. There are times when all 10 machines are occupied. I'm not sure they wax and change out the balls frequently, and no Mylar was placed there on any of the machines.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I'm not sure they wax and change out the balls frequently, and no Mylar was placed there on any of the machines.

Nickelrama? LOL... you're lucky if the flippers are aligned and the game isn't on a 3 degree tilt to one side or the other..

They don't mylar. They don't install plastic protectors, or cliffys, or ANYTHING preventative. They just let the games get beat to sh!t until the next one comes out that they can swap for. Gonna be interesting to see how long Hobbit remains playable in that environment, ugh. Flippers were already feeling a bit weak to me two days ago. Remember when they had Spider-Man? The ramps were so busted up that they just put a bunch of duct tape on the sides at the end. The arcade on Tron was literally BLOWN TO PIECES by airballs and never fixed or glued back together. You're definitely right that these games are brutalized way way more than they should be. I really wish Ray would protect his investments more, but alas... I don't have time to volunteer to help him out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-clear-coat-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.