(Topic ID: 67755)

Metallica better than Tron?? (Poll Added)

By Dbaum88

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Dbaum88
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one is better?”

• Metallica Pro 122 votes
    45%
  • Tron Legacy Pro 152 votes
    55%

(274 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC08933.JPG
metallica-girl-by-ciao-chow-at-flickr.jpg
th-45.jpeg
51560-i.jpg
LMAO.jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Tron is better and possibly my favorite game of all time, but Metallica is good too! will get better with code that is due out very soon! I have both games and will not get rid of either of them, as a matter of fact due yourselves a favor and get a Iron Man! Then you will have the Borg Trifecta! Staight BALLA!!!

#52 10 years ago

Not very fair to a fully established pin to go head to head with a new release who still needs at least 2 code updates.

I'm crazy about Metallica. Play every single day. Time will tell but it has the goods.

AC/DC, Tron, Metallica who cares which is the best they are all winners in my book and a must own to all

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Not very fair to a fully established pin to go head to head with a new release who still needs at least 2 code updates.

I agree, and I'm sure that is why Tron is currently leading over MET by a 2 to 1 margin. Give MET a code update or two and I bet the gap closes a lot.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Add a POLL!!!!!!! TRON girls are the best!

Uhhhhhhhh..............
metallica-girl-by-ciao-chow-at-flickr.jpgmetallica-girl-by-ciao-chow-at-flickr.jpg

#55 10 years ago

Tron is a modern classic..

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree, and I'm sure that is why Tron is currently leading over MET by a 2 to 1 margin. Give MET a code update or two and I bet the gap closes a lot.

Go spin your delusions of grandeur over on RGP with Gambit

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Go spin your delusions of grandeur over on RGP with Gambit

If you get an AC/DC or Met I'll buy a Tron. We both want it.

#58 10 years ago

I can't believe this is even a question. Tron hands down!

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I agree with this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ completely. That is why the "which is better Metallica or Star Trek" polls and topics were unfair as well. Tron would still be better then both though

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tron call outs are infinitely superior to METs.
"Behold! The son of our MA-KER!"

I hate that call out more then anything in pinball.

#61 10 years ago

I want to like and enjoy both of these games with the great amount of shots offered but always find myself getting destroyed by them.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Just goes to show that there is no accounting for taste.

#63 10 years ago

"Electric chayah!"

#64 10 years ago

It's kinda sad that Metallica is a music pin, but the music integration in Tron is just so much better. And I'm a Metallica fan (well, RTL and MOP at least).

#65 10 years ago

What kills Tron for me is how horrible the sequel was. If the game was based on the original movie it would have been better.

#66 10 years ago

heck no, Tron better in most aspects!!!

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

What kills Tron for me is how horrible the sequel was. If the game was based on the original movie it would have been better.

It grossed over 400 mill worldwide so horrible would be quite an exaggeration.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

+1000000

It was an awkward line in the movie, and it should never have made it's way into the pinball.

#69 10 years ago

Well one thing is true I think - noobs and guests are blown away more by Metallica. I think Tron is more for the seasoned player, who can enjoy the subtleties of the game. Metallica is more IN YOUR FACE, and with the electric chair, is the more obvious spectacular machine to the uninformed.

All of my guests have been astounded by Metallica.

#70 10 years ago

Until the code gets even near done on MET I have to say Tron.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Well one thing is true I think - noobs and guests are blown away more by Metallica.

I can see that being the case. I don't have Metallica, but non-pinheads are much more drawn to my AC/DC than Tron.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"Electric chayah!"

Raise the Powah!

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I can see that being the case. I don't have Metallica, but non-pinheads are much more drawn to my AC/DC than Tron.

Wow. 100% opposite reaction here.

I'd say that the non-pinheads that have played my pins, 90% of them prefer Tron over AC/DC. In fact, most non-pinheads prefer Tron LE over most other pins I've had. LOTR and SC have also been big hits with the non-pinheads.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tron call outs are infinitely superior to METs.
"Behold! The son of our MA-KER!"

I LOVE my Tron, but I hate that Zeus call out. I'm not a big fan of his rat-like face on my playfield either. Everything else is perfection.

#75 10 years ago

There's a lot on paper why Met should be better, but no question for me: Tron all the way.

#76 10 years ago

Tron now -

But very surprised if Metallica not better when finished.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Raise the Powah!

Don't let that snake neeyah me!

#78 10 years ago

You are comparing a practically finished game to one on early code.

#79 10 years ago

Metallica may approach the greatness of Tron with some serious code updates, but will never surpass it. "Wasn't in the cards".

#80 10 years ago

Own both. Tron by a long way. Gap will close with code, but Tron callouts won't be challenged.. "he couldn't handle the light cycle grid. I intervened.".. Intervene with me, baby.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I can't believe this is even a question. Tron hands down!

I can't believe this is even a question. Metallica hands-down! The layout is much better; Tron feels cluttered to me. Metallica has the inline drops, Snake scoop, captive ball, and much better artwork. TALLICA!!

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

You are comparing a practically finished game to one on early code.

True! Metallica is amazing isn't it?

#83 10 years ago

I think S&D and the way it is qualified is already more interesting than any mode in Tron. Tron is a 'good' game, really beautiful and solid, well laid out, etc. But Metallica's layout is just more fun to shoot, for me, and the art and music are head and shoulders above Tron. I don't like the lower right side of Tron much at all (much in the way I didn't like the lower left side in XM). I think MET's eventual polished code will put even more distance between them.

#84 10 years ago

I will say this: Tron's cabinet art is much better than Metallica Pro's. MET's cab is a real letdown when you compare it to the translite and playfield. BUT...who looks at cabinets? I'm putting my CSI on the end of my Stern row because I think it has the best cab art of my 4 Sterns (Avatar, MET, IM, CSI). Problem solved...

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Tron feels cluttered to me.

Huh? Don't hear that a lot, but to each his own.....

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Tron feels cluttered to me.

Tron doesn't come cluttered but I sure did my best to make it that way

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I will say this: Tron's cabinet art is much better than Metallica Pro's. MET's cab is a real letdown when you compare it to the translite and playfield. BUT...who looks at cabinets? I'm putting my CSI on the end of my Stern row because I think it has the best cab art of my 4 Sterns (Avatar, MET, IM, CSI). Problem solved...

But the Met LE Cabinet & Backglass are better then the Tron LE which is no different then the Pro other then Chrome trim.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

But the Met LE Cabinet & Backglass are better then the TRON LE which is no different then the Pro other then Chrome trim.

Better back glass?????

DSC08933.JPGDSC08933.JPG

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Better back glass?????

DSC08933.JPG 2 MB

Yep. Mirrored Backglass over a translite any day.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Tron LE didn't have a mirrored backglass?? We are comparing LE to LE right??

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Cool man, Ill check out chicks, you enjoy the cartoon dudes or whatever is on your Met.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Cool man, Ill check out chicks, you enjoy the cartoon dudes or whatever is on your Met.

Hey if thats what does it for you thats fine. I guess I prefer my chicks other places then a translite. Maybe you can take it into the bedroom with you.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

TRON LE didn't have a mirrored backglass?? We are comparing LE to LE right??

Nope it has the same 3D translite that the 1st run pro's had.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Maybe you can take it into the bedroom with you.

I have a Trophy for that.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Own both. Tron by a long way. Gap will close with code, but Tron callouts won't be challenged.. "he couldn't handle the light cycle grid. I intervened.".. Intervene with me, baby.

Ok, I always heard that line as "Clu had him on the light cycle grid, I intervened". But yeah, she can totally intervene with me as well.

And for those that don't like Castor, really? Sure, he is over the top, but fantastic! The actor delivers every line like it is the last words he will say in his life, so he makes them count.

#96 10 years ago

Lol, you are so right. I'm always too busy just thinking about the intervention.

#97 10 years ago

I hear the chatt-ah!

#98 10 years ago

Tron does have more chicks than Metallica I admit, especially on the nekkid translite I have.

But if half naked chicks were the only concern, GnR would win every time!

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from chriskd:

I hear the chatt-ah!

It's "chatt-ah" vs. "electric cha-ya!!"

#100 10 years ago

Got both right next to each other [metallica is premium tho] and I say metallica edges it out slightly even with incomplete code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-better-than-tron/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.