Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MJW
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-245.jpg
SAM_1847.JPG
SAM_1848.JPG
SAM_1840.JPG
SAM_1839.JPG
SAM_1836.JPG
SAM_1834.JPG
SAM_1835.JPG

#1 6 years ago

I decided I wanted to try something different for the back drop and I really couldn't see the speakers so I came up with this and it turn out pretty nice.This is just a prototype and there are a couple of things I need to adjust. Let me know your thoughts and enjoy the vid.

Joe

SAM_1835.JPG
SAM_1834.JPG
SAM_1836.JPG

#2 6 years ago

Luv it Joe let me know when they become available mate and also the cross mod .
Cheers Kurtis.

#3 6 years ago

That looks great! Makes you wonder where this type of talent is missing at Stern.

#4 6 years ago

Looks amazing Joe! Don't know what else you can add to make it better. Let me know when it's available.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That looks great! Makes you wonder where this type of talent is missing at Stern.

I don't think it's a matter of talent , cost & profit margin is . I'm sure there's plenty of great ideas.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I don't think it's a matter of talent , cost & profit margin is . I'm sure there's plenty of great ideas.

Yeah, but......

#7 6 years ago

That's badass! Let me know when they're available.

#8 6 years ago

Add me to the list Joe.
Harley D.

#9 6 years ago

Love it but I'm torn on the loss of the blue color from the standard backboard... looks very cold with black. Perhaps you are working on colorizing things, or perhaps with the right lighting decisions it would looks fine. Thats my only reservation.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Love it but I'm torn on the loss of the blue color from the standard backboard... looks very cold with black. Perhaps you are working on colorizing things, or perhaps with the right lighting decisions it would looks fine. Thats my only reservation.

Here is a second version I am trying out, it has more color like the original. I have another idea that I received from a pinsider that I will try next. This one has 2 layers of acrylic, blue is the main and white is the cut out of the electricity pasted behind it.

SAM_1839.JPG
SAM_1840.JPG

#11 6 years ago

I like it too. Reminds me of the medieval madness back drop.
Nice work.

#12 6 years ago

Final design.. if your interested contact me through my website. This is a pre order list till I can work out material costs, doing them one at a time is expensive. I would also like to thank Hooked for contacting me with this idea and some simple wisdom.

Thanks
Joe

SAM_1848.JPG
SAM_1847.JPG

#13 6 years ago

joe looks great let me know how much and when you can ship

#14 6 years ago

Bump so i can find thread . I will purchase when avail. Great work Joe.

#15 6 years ago

Digging everything but the high voltage signs, Tey look out of place back there. Just my opinion.

#16 6 years ago

Please ad me to the list

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Digging everything but the high voltage signs, Tey look out of place back there. Just my opinion.

I am going to make that an option, I have some that like it and some who don't so it will be up to the customer. I should have a solid price on these today.

#18 6 years ago

Looks sweet how much ?

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from redlines:

Looks sweet how much ?

Not 100% sure at the moment since I am still prototyping this. I have some other material coming and we are designing a throw switch for the panel. I will have more on this next week..almost done

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Add me to the list Joe.

me too.

1 year later
#21 5 years ago

any update on this Joe?

#22 5 years ago

What happened to the project?

#23 5 years ago

I purchased one of these from Joe last year. Love it. It's all black until flashers go off. Also has a high voltage sign and electric chair switch. Very custom mod.

#24 5 years ago

All sold out..

#25 5 years ago

I didn't want to say anything that would crap on Joe's thread, but since he's sold out, I'll just say that anyone who's looking for something for the back of their Metallica might have an alternative in the near(ish) future ...

#26 5 years ago

Dang Aurich. Are you going to leave any money in my pocket? Can't wait to see what you come up with. This one looked to be pretty cool.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Dang Aurich. Are you going to leave any money in my pocket? Can't wait to see what you come up with. This one looked to be pretty cool.

Haha. I didn't know Joe had done this one, glad he's not doing it now so I don't have to feel bad about competing. I'll reveal more when it's ready, just didn't want people to be disappointed there wasn't an option out there ...

Let's just say I have plans to make it a bit more over the top than this.

#28 5 years ago

Put me on the list bro, i love your work.
Harley D.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Put me on the list bro, i love your work.
Harley D.

lol, thanks, I'll start a thread when I'm ready to show something. I wasn't going to say anything yet, but since people were looking for something I figured I'd at least speak up since it's not stepping on Joe's toes.

Anyways, enough taking over his thread, I'll have more to show later, aiming for early next year.

#30 5 years ago

I'm in!

#31 5 years ago

You guys crack me up, but it's motivating to try and make sure you actually want it once I show it.

#32 5 years ago

+1 on that..I'm interested, Aurich. I had a plan for my back panel that didn't pan out.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You guys crack me up, but it's motivating to try and make sure you actually want it once I show it.

In! I'd love to have another goodie next to Helen.

image-245.jpg

#34 5 years ago

Nice Pic.. I have 3 of those Metallica Toppers in stock

#35 5 years ago

That's the topper that went on the whirlwind world tour...

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That's the topper that went on the Whirlwind world tour...

I know..lol That has been around the block.

#37 5 years ago

Does that metallica topper change colors? And what is the price including shipping to melbourne ,Australia, 3057? Thanks, tony

#38 5 years ago

I have that Metallica topper. It is one color only. Still looks good though. Regards mate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside