(Topic ID: 58637)

Metallica arrived = girlfriend moving out!

By Iamdarras

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ovfdfireman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
ForSale.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
kids2.png
kids1.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
15.jpg

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago

And say hello to Rosie for me, would ya?

#52 6 years ago

so your thread 6 months ago didn't work out:

''6 MONTHS AGO

Just wanted to Post a little update on this---
I was willing to Part with a couple of my pins for my little lady so she could go to school, but it turns out we figured out another option. The fact that I was willing to do so has changed her out look on my hobby. Though she still will be concerned about my spending ( at least she cares) I found her today organizing all of my parts, Leds, and tools today for me. ''

so if she really loves you, she would accept you and your hobby.
she smokes pot, you like pinball.

there's better girl outhere, just enjoy yourself.
and if she comes back... it will backfire again and again and again...

girl with an attitude, don't want that!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You don't want to know what I was thinking.

Man, if ACDC Pinball had "Dirty Deeds" that would be the only song you would pick

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Man, if ACDC Pinball had "Dirty Deeds" that would be the only song you would pick

If they were to make an Aerosmith pin it better have "Big Ten Inch" on it.

#55 6 years ago

Unless the bitch is smokin. It's easier and cheaper to pick up another than get rid of a game. Asking a little too much IMO. My wife if 12 plus and been with for over 20 would never ask that of me. Much worst hobbies to have

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Isn't this like the 20 thread she's left you on?

#57 6 years ago

Seriously dude, better now than later....

Doc

#58 6 years ago

My wife bitches about the cost of pinball and then spends $550 on her hair in 2 months... it's just a few of the joyful things you get to endure LOL

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

... Slinging my goods to hotties all darn day

Soooo.....and at night too?

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I bought a Met and forget to mention it to my lady.
I'm out of town I thought it would take at least a week to get it after it shipped... Oops! They woke her up with the delivery.. I got this txt.
( WTF is in this huge box if its another pinball machine I'm moving out!)
Guess I have room for prob another 5 now.

.....and the down side is ??????

#61 6 years ago

I might get a MET delivered in the 2-3 day window my wife is in the hospital recovering from delivering my baby.

She hates me buying pinball machines BTW

Edit: She's not due for another 2 months

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I might get a MET delivered in the 2-3 day window my wife is in the hospital recovering from delivering my baby.

GREAT timing! Did you plan it that way?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Maybe she won't notice.

And congrats on being a papa!

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If this is your first you won't have 2 mins to play met for a few months. You're going to be dog tired and when the baby is asleep you don't want the equivalent of a mouse fart's worth in noise in the house for fear of waking the little one. Best time of your life but absolutely the most exhausting.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You can have it delivered to my place. I'll break it in for you while you're changing diapers and passing out from exhaustion.

#66 6 years ago

trading your GF for a MET?

shooter lane condition?

#67 6 years ago

Is the outhole blown out?

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I'm out of town I thought it would take at least a week to get it after it shipped... Oops! They woke her up with the delivery.. I got this txt.

Why don't you come out to some weeklies, and meet some real local pinball players. I'm not talking about people with personal collections who live on internet forums, come out and socialize at the dives that we play in. It's always a good time, and the dives always have ladies.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

trading your GF for a MET?
shooter lane condition?

Quoted from RonB:

Is the outhole blown out?

Guys, he obviously would use a cliffy

#70 6 years ago

My wife wants an ACDC Premium. She's a good egg

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

GREAT timing! Did you plan it that way?

When I heard MET would be released this year I figured this was my chance lol

Quoted from o-din:

Maybe she won't notice.
And congrats on being a papa!

Wife wont be able to take the stairs for a while either so I should have 2 weeks with my baby (referring to the MET).

Thanks

Quoted from Pinchroma:

If this is your first you won't have 2 mins to play met for a few months. You're going to be dog tired and when the baby is asleep you don't want the equivalent of a mouse fart's worth in noise in the house for fear of waking the little one. Best time of your life but absolutely the most exhausting.

Adderall gets all kinds of shit done

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

You can have it delivered to my place. I'll break it in for you while you're changing diapers and passing out from exhaustion.

I have mild OCD. Well I think its mild.... not sure how the diaper thing will go over to be honest.

So no MET for you!

#72 6 years ago

My wife okay'd three NIBs. I'm gonna keep her.

They're out there, man. Keep looking.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

haha! Best machine Stern have ever produced to date!

#74 6 years ago

My wife is indifferent about pinball. She plays sometimes, but couldn't care less whether or not we had a machine. The good news is that I don't get grief when I buy one. All things considered, I'll take it.

#75 6 years ago

Wow that got there fast! Sorry Brother

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Is that because of all of her shit or just how much room she took up by standing around?

#77 6 years ago

Sounds like met prem deserves an increase in rating...

Congrats

#78 6 years ago

Somehow I guessed who the OP was before I even opened this thread. Lol.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

WTF is in this huge box if its another pinball machine I'm moving out!)

Maybe we are on to something big here.
It's as simple as just buying a pinball machine.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

THIS! I have played less pinball in these last several months than before we had the baby....I never respected sleep so much

On this topic....all my pins sit in my basement which is unfinished and my wife hates going down there besides just to do laundry....some kind of fear she has cause its so dark down there?! I like my pins in a dark lit room so they light up all pretty n' stuff.

Anyway she isn't into pinball much but whilst on vacation we got to play a MET at an area bar and she said "let's get one!"....to my surprise. The only stipulation is that it has to remain on the first floor so she doesn't have to play in the basement....fine by me!!! We have a spare room that we will black out the one window (I told her how sunlight fades artwork) and make it our baby's play/pin room....game on!!

#81 6 years ago

My wife would love it if I got rid of WH2O and picked up Metallica. Does she want the pins gone completely? Not a chance!

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from nhm:

Why don't you come out to some weeklies, and meet some real local pinball players. I'm not talking about people with personal collections who live on internet forums, come out and socialize at the dives that we play in. It's always a good time, and the dives always have ladies.

Yea I'm totally into that !! My business has been crazy busy this year and I always space it out.. I'm totally down though.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Is that because of all of her shit or just how much room she took up by standing around?

She is a little Hotty, with shit grips of shoes and cloths.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It takes a special talent to get a woman to leave and make her think it was
her idea.

HA...I did thay with my last GF. She moved in with the biggest looser I had ever seen.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

My wife wanted me to get a Metallica, I use hobby money anyway but she knew I was a metallica fan from day 1. She could care less how many and how often pins come into the house. Best wife ever.

and she can probably cook too...your a lucky man.

#86 6 years ago

I figured out why she's leaving....you spent the wedding money (that "SHE" was planning) on the pin.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

My wife bitches about the cost of pinball and then spends $550 on her hair in 2 months... it's just a few of the joyful things you get to endure LOL

Oh, that explains your avatar...your wife?

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have mild OCD. Well I think its mild.... not sure how the diaper thing will go over to be honest.
So no MET for you!

I had to try. You understand.

#89 6 years ago

Funny story if true. Hope if works out.

#90 6 years ago

Like she doesn't have a ton of friggin' shoes or spend $500/mo on her hair.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

kids1.png kids2.png

#92 6 years ago

What in the hell is going on with your wives' hair in here? $500 a month? Are they getting cocaine conditioner treatments and unicorn hair extensions?

#93 6 years ago

Did you atleast buy it from Specialty Coin?

#94 6 years ago

What in the hell is going on with your wives' hair in here? $500 a month? Are they getting cocaine conditioner treatments and unicorn hair extensions?

More like a... Jester hat? I'm sure it was money well spent in her eyes.

image.jpg

#95 6 years ago

You guys are starting to scare me

#96 6 years ago

This is why pins cost so much these days; cause you sissys buy a pin, wife/gf gets mad. So you go out and spend $1500 on them for a hairstyle and jewelry; hence, a $6000 machine is now valued at $7500. pinflation mystery solved!

#97 6 years ago

When my marriage ended 10 years ago I didn't have one pinball, as I sold the ones I had from my youth. Now I've made up for lost time, and plan to have my collection nearly finished before the next one comes along, as it's easier if you introduce the whole thing at the beginning than having to keep coming up with excuses to buy one once you're in a committed relationship. So first thing if you get married again, sign the prenup, then after studying on it I figure the biggest problem will be the wife pulling this card, " if you can afford to buy all those pinballs you can buy me a new car or fill in the blank there.

#98 6 years ago

Ya, that is pretty spot on.

#99 6 years ago

Does this fit the topic or what ?

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You guys are starting to scare me

If you let your baby sleep all day, then expect to be up all night. A wise man once said.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside