Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Tuna_Delight
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
P1010016_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I have preordered a Metallica Premium which is still on back order for weeks! I was original promised it would be here by the first of March, then it got pushed to April, now late April. What is going on? Does anyone know when Stern will actually have these ready????

#2 3 years ago

Lots of delays for this last run of Metallica. I'm waiting on one, too, but I don't have any idea when they'll be ready. Know you're not alone, at least!

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Lots of delays for this last run of Metallica. I'm waiting on one, too, but I don't have any idea when they'll be ready. Know you're not alone, at least!

I found someone who is selling a NIB one that is manufactured from six months ago. I am hesitant to purchase it due to all the talk of defects in the older models. Not sure if this one would be one of the effected ones, so I have been holding out. Any thoughts on that ?

#4 3 years ago

Mine took about three and a half months. It was a wait but so worth it. Clear coat looks like a thick piece of glass, decals are perfect, and the only flaw was a single trough switch that had to be replaced. Hang in there, it's gonna be worth the wait.

#5 3 years ago

Monsters or Road Case?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ShootAgainDave:

Monsters or Road Case?

Monsters

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Mine took about three and a half months. It was a wait but so worth it. Clear coat looks like a thick piece of glass, decals are perfect, and the only flaw was a single trough switch that had to be replaced. Hang in there, it's gonna be worth the wait.

Why does Stern give you a date and then keep postponing it?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Why does Stern give you a date and then keep postponing it?

It's the pinball way.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I found someone who is selling a NIB one that is manufactured from six months ago. I am hesitant to purchase it due to all the talk of defects in the older models. Not sure if this one would be one of the effected ones, so I have been holding out. Any thoughts on that ?

I had no problems out of that batch. (Around November) That was delayed at the time because they wanted to get the decals right before it shipped.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

It's the pinball way.

How is Stern making a new game (Ghostbusters) if there not even able to complete the orders on Metallica?????

#11 3 years ago

calm down newb-pinbin.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

calm down newb-pinbin.

Just growing increasingly impatient as the date keeps getting pushed back further. I watch videos all day on youtube of the Metallica gameplay and dream about this game every night. Come on Stern, send me the game already!

#13 3 years ago

I know... I'm just giving you a hard time. I understand your frustration.

I've owned Metallica for a couple years now. Thought about selling/trading a few months ago, but it's just too damn good to get rid of. I've rekindled my love affair with it and look forward to getting to End of the Line.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

I know... I'm just giving you a hard time. I understand your frustration.
I've owned Metallica for a couple years now. Thought about selling/trading a few months ago, but it's just too damn good to get rid of. I've rekindled my love affair with it and look forward to getting to End of the Line.

Of all the pinballs I have ever played the only two I can continuously play are AC/DC and Metallica. Just great fast gameplay.

#15 3 years ago

Oh the pinball waiting game, what a tormenting mistress it is My most recent wait was Tron, well worth it. However, I've also had to wait for STTNG, LOTR, TOM, Avatar and STPro. In all cases waiting sucks! haha

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just growing increasingly impatient as the date keeps getting pushed back further. I watch videos all day on youtube of the Metallica gameplay and dream about this game every night. Come on Stern, send me the game already!

Where are you located? I have a friend who has a NIB he may be willing to part with.

#17 3 years ago

I live I mpls MN and Metallica is coming Aug 20 in the new US Bank stadium. Tickets go on sale next week!
Oh yeah!
Talk about waiting with blood pressure pumping!

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Where are you located? I have a friend who has a NIB he may be willing to part with.

FL

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I think the batch of playfield defects were produced early April 2015, but Stern made good on them. If you happen to get the flaking issue I'm sure they will do the right thing, but just check the date on the box.

#20 3 years ago

I waited 2 months for my pro. Well worth it. From what I understand they were having issues with playfields

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think the batch of playfield defects were produced early April 2015, but Stern made good on them. If you happen to get the flaking issue I'm sure they will do the right thing, but just check the date on the box.

Not sure of the correct date for the defective ones so I'm just going to wait. Do want to have to go through all the problems w/ Stern.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Of all the pinballs I have ever played the only two I can continuously play are AC/DC and Metallica. Just great fast gameplay.

After Metallica, have you thought at all about Walking Dead?

#23 3 years ago

Hmmm, I just received my met monsters on Thursday... Maybe distributors are having different allocations of the pins as they come off the line?

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Hmmm, I just received my met monsters on Thursday... Maybe distributors are having different allocations of the pins as they come off the line?

How long was the wait for yours? Was your machine just made by Stern?

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Great gameplay, but for me the Metallica keeps my attention a lot longer.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yep have the LE parked right next to my MET, both are top 10 games for sure.

#27 3 years ago

Yep have the LE parked right next to my MET, both are top 10 games for sure.

Any pics to share?

#28 3 years ago

First sentence, "Ghostbusters" production preparation.
Second sentence, "Spiderman VE" production completion.

There are still backorders for MET Premiums from December 2015, although most are resolved, and are working through 2016 now.

Defective METs were corrected after the APR 2015 shenanigan with playfields and cabinets.
All current games have the updated electronics as well.

Priority goes to current design, and shifts back to additional production runs as the number of machines required for production reaches numbers to justify switching the assembly line time required to complete machine run.
They literally rotate from week to week on production schedule.

There are plenty of addition MET Premiums out there, if you need to switch a purchase and if you are allowed to do so without loss of deposit or sale.
Ask another distributor when the game was produced, before purchase.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How long was the wait for yours? Was your machine just made by Stern?

I knew the distributor was getting some in March, so from time of order till delivery less than two weeks. My cabinet was built in October and the playfield is dated late November 2015.

#30 3 years ago

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

I knew the distributor was getting some in March, so from time of order till delivery less than two weeks. My cabinet was built in October and the playfield is dated late November 2015.

Who is the distributor?

1 week later
#32 3 years ago

I know some people that ordered Met Pro's in January the same time I did. I got mine in March and they are still waiting.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I know some people that ordered Met Pro's in January the same time I did. I got mine in March and they are still waiting.

I ordered beginning of February and I'm waiting, nice to see some being delivered.

#34 3 years ago

The video Stern posted yesterday on their FB page showed Metallica Premiums on the line.

#35 3 years ago

Unfortunately I'm waiting on a Pro

#36 3 years ago

I also know someone waiting for a ST Pro since November, now that's just nuts.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Unfortunately I'm waiting on a Pro

They were working on Pros as well.

#38 3 years ago

Kinda sucks...but I mean, come on. Game has been out for 3 years. If you REALLY needed one yesterday you'd have it by now.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kinda sucks...but I mean, come on. Game has been out for 3 years. If you REALLY needed one yesterday you'd have it by now.

Yeah, but if you want the coveted game with the gold plaque that reads: "The LAST Metallica ever produced by Stern Pinball.", you've got to hold out until the very end of the run. (and this is the end of the run right? )

That's my excuse anyway.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Im not mad, just excited about my first NIB. Waiting is part of the fun

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Any pics to share?

Sorry just saw this post, yes I'll upload one shortly.

Here is a quick crappy cell phone snap.

P1010016_(resized).jpg

#42 3 years ago

... ah... Stern delays = anger...

My STLE was delay a while for a redesign; you just gotta roll with the punches.
Now if you are waiting on TBL... or Hobbit; that punches are going to hurt like a mofo. You may even blackout with pain a couple of times.

#43 3 years ago

That MOP edition is just plain sick! I love it!

#44 3 years ago

Sorry just saw this post, yes I'll upload one shortly.
Here is a quick crappy cell phone snap.

P1010016_(resized).jpg

I like the way you roll!

image_(resized).jpeg

#45 3 years ago

I have a NIB Monsters w/shaker for $6900 If anyone is tired of waiting. From the November run. Still strapped to pallet. I can ship. I believe that's cheaper than most dealers are quoting.

1 week later
#46 3 years ago

Did anyone get their NIB's yet?

#47 3 years ago

Still waiting on my Met Pro paid for in early January.

#48 3 years ago

Same - except a Monsters.

Hopefully, it will beat my TBL.

#49 2 years ago

Spotted a lone MET (a Monsters) along with a variety of titles at the very end of Stern's latest factory video that features new ST Premiums in production.

Hmmm.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Freehold Township, NJ
$ 199.99
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 16.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside