image-569.jpg
image-571.jpg
image-223.jpg
image-699.jpg
image.jpg
Met_DMD_idea.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ruger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Quick observations (PRO) :
-I noticed that Snake multiball with a coffin multiball ready to start will no longer allow you to start the coffin MB after the Snake is running. Bummer. Does coffin stack with any other multiballs any more? I will miss that.

Nothing changed here. You never could start Coffin MB when another MB was already running. You can start any of the 3 MBs when Coffin is running. Edit: maybe you could on the Pro before, but never on the premium/LE.

Quoted from SteveP3:

-I don't understand the purpose of the single flashing red arrow insert on certain shots. The change from before has confused me.

Those are combo shots.

Quoted from SteveP3:

-I wish crank it up modes were a little easier to start. Once started, prepare to flush 5+ minutes of work getting there down the crapper if you blow it. I don't know why but I find it weird working until ball 3 to get a single ball mode with no ball saver vs spending less than a minute to start a multiball.

You don't have to hit the 4 shots 15 times. You get credited with shots when you hit one of the 5 main shots that have the corresponding inserts already lit (completed). For example, if you select the right orbit and complete the hurry up for it, then hit the orbit 3 more times you will have completed the 15 shots for graveyard, chair and snake. That's 9 shots instead of 45 doing them individually. Add 15 hammer shots and CUI is lit. Grinding each shot is not the way to get CUI lit.

#75 10 years ago

Yeah come to think of it, I responded for Prem/LE when it looks like Pro has some significant changes. Even # 2 may be diff on my LE. I posted and then saw the (Pro) in your message (doh!)

The reason you can't start Coffin during a MB on an LE is because of the hammer. With more than one ball on the field, the hammer is disabled so it does not crush a 2nd ball as it is flying by when trying to lock a ball on the magnet. But for Pro maybe it is very different, so my comments above may not apply to the Pro at all. Except # 3 maybe. For that I still don't have as much time on the update as you do, so your experience counts. I think they are sort of like mini-wizard modes. And I wonder how they will impact tournament style play. CUI modes are very lucrative but dangerous as well since you cannot start a MB during a mode, which competitors always focus on.

Either way though the lighting on LE is amazing during some of the CUI modes.

I think Stern has taken a couple pages from WoZ and put them into MET and ST. The STLE lighting has the rainbow effect of millions of colors fading between each other, and now METLE has the darkened modes and lighting is so different it reminds me of the lights out modes in WoZ. So does STLE during Kobayashi as all the lights are out and you don't know if you have a kickback ready or not, and you don't know how many red matter targets are left for Black Hole to get add-a-ball. Love all of these effects in both games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 149.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ruger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-150-comments-bugs-thread?tu=Ruger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.