image-569.jpg
image-571.jpg
image-223.jpg
image-699.jpg
image.jpg
Met_DMD_idea.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've collected 3 million from Mystery a few times

Yeah, awesome amount of awards coming up. I worded my point badly. I'm earning the award, but I thought a couple of times that it didn't advance the actual score. Will test further.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

No that's not what I meant. I'm earning the mystery awards ok, but I've noticed a couple of times that I don't think they are adding to the score.

Okay. Now I get you. Remember that the points awarded may be added before the award amount is shown on the display. Glass off should confirm.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Okay. Now I get you. Remember that the points awarded may be added before the award amount is shown on the display. Glass off should confirm.

I noticed back with 1.22 that the fuel meter would advance before the animation and all when the mystery awarded me a fuel award. So its very probable that the score is being advanced before the animation say you get a 2m award for ex.

#54 10 years ago

A couple times now i have shot the scoop when both mystery and CIU were lit. The mystery awarded me the last letter to spell metallica, and started lady justice ramp mode. Then the CIU mode started too. Im still learning the CIU mode rules, but it seemed very confusing. Maybe this isnt a bug but it seemed like i was in an unintended combo of stacked modes.

CIU cant be started from within the multiball modes right? I think the scoop light for CIU goes off until you are back in single ball mode.

Interested to see if same happens for single ball modes like double scoring, lady justice, seek/destroy. My guess is that SIU could be stacked?

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

A couple times now i have shot the scoop when both mystery and CIU were lit. The mystery awarded me the last letter to spell Metallica, and started lady justice ramp mode. Then the CIU mode started too. Im still learning the CIU mode rules, but it seemed very confusing. Maybe this isnt a bug but it seemed like i was in an unintended combo of stacked modes.
CIU cant be started from within the multiball modes right? I think the scoop light for CIU goes off until you are back in single ball mode.
Interested to see if same happens for single ball modes like double scoring, lady justice, seek/destroy. My guess is that SIU could be stacked?

It seems like scoring features like Fuel, 2x, and Lady Justice can be stacked with CIU. Not sure if you can start Lady Justice or S&D while within CIU though...you mght have to start those first and then start CIU. I've definitely started 2x while in it....pretty sure I started Fuel while in it.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It seems like scoring features like Fuel, 2x, and Lady Justice can be stacked with CIU. Not sure if you can start Lady Justice or S&D while within CIU though...you mght have to start those first and then start CIU. I've definitely started 2x while in it....pretty sure I started Fuel while in it.

You can bring justice and I think SnD into it but you can't start it in CIU. Fuel might be able to start in CIU that I can't confirm. 2x for sure can

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

You can bring justice and I think SnD into it but you can't start it in CIU. Fuel might be able to start in CIU that I can't confirm. 2x for sure can

Yup, it's super satisfying to get that jackpot built, hit 2x, then collect! Scores are WAAAAY huge on Met now due to CIU.

#58 10 years ago

I figured out a trick, I mean strategy, when plunging the super skill shot with left flipper button pressed in and going for the one lane that has the cross, snake, and sparky flashing on it. That lane doesn't light until ball leaves shooter lane switch, so if you hold left flipper button and do a very light plunge, that lane will reveal itself. If it's on right half of the pf then I re-plunge ball all the way around pf. If lit lane is on left side of pf, then I replunge ball softly so it comes down right side of pf to right flipper which is an easier shot for me. The timer on this is short, so this all needs to be done quickly. Also, if it's on left side of pf, then I may decide to just go for 2x or 4x skill shot in top lanes.

#59 10 years ago

I've some particularly weird hammer issues after loading the update:

In order:

1: First the hammer would phantom hit almost constantly (every 5-10 seconds once the lock was lit). This was accompanied by a "Neeerrrow" noise, which I assumed was a notifier that the lock/magnet was active. I looked in the readme and changed #80 to "Yes", and this stopped the phantom hits.

2: The ball would now lock on the magnet with roughly the same (maybe slightly better) frequency as it did in 1.22 (50-60% of the time), and then drop into the coffin via the hammer as expected.

3: After a few more games, I noticed positive locks on the magnet, but no hammer activity or ball lock. The ball would stop clean on the magnet, hover there for a second or two, and then drop off into play with no noise, no late hammer hit, nothing.

4: I did not change settings after this, and after a few more games now the ball will not stop on the magnet at all, and that "Neerrrow" noise (best I can do at describing it) is playing constantly (again I assume notifiying me to lock the ball).

I have the original magnet board installed in the game currently.

WTF?

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

The original board is defective, so rather than ponder it just call Stern for the replacement. If that doesn't fix it then worry about it.

#61 10 years ago

I'm not sure if is a bug or I might just need to check my connections in the ball trough. Every grate ounce in a while when I do the super skill shot, just after the ball hits a target or what ever it kicks me out another ball. Two ball multi ball? There is no indications that this is supposed to happen. Any one have a similar issue?

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I'm not sure if is a bug or I might just need to check my connections in the ball trough. Every grate ounce in a while when I do the super skill shot, just after the ball hits a target or what ever it kicks me out another ball. Two ball multi ball? There is no indications that this is supposed to happen. Any one have a similar issue?

I have seen the same thing on my MET Pro. It has got to be some sort of glitch in the game...
Mine was doing it on version 1.22 and I have seen it already happen again in 1.5.
If you find anything out, please let me know.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

WTF?

You just answered your own question. NO ONE should have the original board in their game at this point. Call Stern, get the new one...these problems will go away.

#64 10 years ago

I have Adult content set to "off" and sparky let out an uncensored "F#8K" at the start of Battery- in CIU.

#65 10 years ago

Either I didn't notice this before or it's new, but if I drain on/after a "danger" warning from a hard nudge there's a decent delay (with no sound) in waiting for the next ball to be served (almost like a tilt). Is this normal?

#66 10 years ago

Has anyone put together a rule sheet for METLE?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Quoted from Hudson:

I have seen the same thing on my MET Pro. It has got to be some sort of glitch in the game...
Mine was doing it on version 1.22 and I have seen it already happen again in 1.5.
If you find anything out, please let me know.

So this is not a software glitch. It's caused by a switch hit registering that shouldn't. Perhaps the ball trough is not stable and balls are moving around slightly. Or your trough jam board connector is slightly loose.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Has anyone put together a rule sheet for METLE?

Not yet,we are waiting on Movingpicture to do it!

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Quick observations (PRO) :
-I noticed that Snake multiball with a coffin multiball ready to start will no longer allow you to start the coffin MB after the Snake is running. Bummer. Does coffin stack with any other multiballs any more? I will miss that.

Nothing changed here. You never could start Coffin MB when another MB was already running. You can start any of the 3 MBs when Coffin is running. Edit: maybe you could on the Pro before, but never on the premium/LE.

Quoted from SteveP3:

-I don't understand the purpose of the single flashing red arrow insert on certain shots. The change from before has confused me.

Those are combo shots.

Quoted from SteveP3:

-I wish crank it up modes were a little easier to start. Once started, prepare to flush 5+ minutes of work getting there down the crapper if you blow it. I don't know why but I find it weird working until ball 3 to get a single ball mode with no ball saver vs spending less than a minute to start a multiball.

You don't have to hit the 4 shots 15 times. You get credited with shots when you hit one of the 5 main shots that have the corresponding inserts already lit (completed). For example, if you select the right orbit and complete the hurry up for it, then hit the orbit 3 more times you will have completed the 15 shots for graveyard, chair and snake. That's 9 shots instead of 45 doing them individually. Add 15 hammer shots and CUI is lit. Grinding each shot is not the way to get CUI lit.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I had the same issue. If you have any mods hooked up to any triggers or switches it can cause that. If you have hooked's spinner mods do not attach them to the pick targets under the Pf. This will cause weird issues like 2 balls ejecting and slings randomly firing. Hope that helps.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

I had the same issue. If you have any mods hooked up to any triggers or switches it can cause that. If you have hooked's spinner mods do not attach them to the pick targets under the Pf. This will cause weird issues like 2 balls ejecting and slings randomly firing. Hope that helps.

This would most likely be related to how they were hooked up in relation to the diodes on the pick switch.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Not a big deal, but I have adult mode OFF and noticed that some words are still not beeped. Hell and... Damn?

Ditto on this. I had my two small kids in the room while I was playing and one of those "Hell" quotes played. I was hoping stuff like that would have been bleeped with Adult Mode set to OFF.

#73 10 years ago

They dont ever bleep the music right? Just the callouts?

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Ruger:

Nothing changed here. You never could start Coffin MB when another MB was already running. You can start any of the 3 MBs when Coffin is running. Edit: maybe you could on the Pro before, but never on the premium/LE.

Those are combo shots.

You don't have to hit the 4 shots 15 times. You get credited with shots when you hit one of the 5 main shots that have the corresponding inserts already lit (completed). For example, if you select the right orbit and complete the hurry up for it, then hit the orbit 3 more times you will have completed the 15 shots for graveyard, chair and snake. That's 9 shots instead of 45 doing them individually. Add 15 hammer shots and CUI is lit. Grinding each shot is not the way to get CUI lit.

1. Yep, you could stack coffin on whatever other MB was running before, but a fair observation if the LE was different. I'm not sure why the LE would have been different. The game can be adjusted in the menus to allow stacking of coffin, I forget the adjustment number but it's off by default on 1.5.

2. Well, I do understand how the combo flashing arrows work; but this can happen as soon as a game is started. Ie : plunge ball, make skill shot. Single arrow is flashing on one (seemingly random) shot. Shooting said shot does not say anything on the DMD about a combo - a single shot can be flashing before any other shots have been made except the skill shot. Typically the red lamps for combos are lit in 2 (right side)/3 (left side)'s as well.

3. Maybe I didn't update my post (I had posted to the other 1.5 thread indicating what you had said), but yeah I understand how it works. It still feels like a grind to me. The coffin shot still has to be shot 15 times, then 5 more the next time, etc). As I mentioned, if these modes are intended to be mini wizard modes and there are more modes coming that aren't such a grind to start, then I'm ok with this behaviour but lowering the default number of hits might be nice. The numbers required to get to the 4th CIU mode make it quite a chore. I think it's 30 snake/coffin/cross/chair's to light the 4th CIU (beyond what you've already collected). Yikers. I guess as the code progresses, the way it is now may make more sense, but since it's really the only major gameplay change (feature-wise) it sticks out like a sore thumb how awkwardly it fits in. If you want to make it easy on yourself, you still have to shoot the cross/chair/snake a few times to light the ramps and orbits etc to collect those items. I just play like I normally do with the exception of deciding whether or not I want to start a multiball or a CIU mode. It's growing on me a bit but I'm still on the fence. I do enjoy the CIU modes to play quite a bit though but the implementation feels rough around the edges. Maybe I'm just too used to 1.2x.

#75 10 years ago

Yeah come to think of it, I responded for Prem/LE when it looks like Pro has some significant changes. Even # 2 may be diff on my LE. I posted and then saw the (Pro) in your message (doh!)

The reason you can't start Coffin during a MB on an LE is because of the hammer. With more than one ball on the field, the hammer is disabled so it does not crush a 2nd ball as it is flying by when trying to lock a ball on the magnet. But for Pro maybe it is very different, so my comments above may not apply to the Pro at all. Except # 3 maybe. For that I still don't have as much time on the update as you do, so your experience counts. I think they are sort of like mini-wizard modes. And I wonder how they will impact tournament style play. CUI modes are very lucrative but dangerous as well since you cannot start a MB during a mode, which competitors always focus on.

Either way though the lighting on LE is amazing during some of the CUI modes.

I think Stern has taken a couple pages from WoZ and put them into MET and ST. The STLE lighting has the rainbow effect of millions of colors fading between each other, and now METLE has the darkened modes and lighting is so different it reminds me of the lights out modes in WoZ. So does STLE during Kobayashi as all the lights are out and you don't know if you have a kickback ready or not, and you don't know how many red matter targets are left for Black Hole to get add-a-ball. Love all of these effects in both games.

#76 10 years ago

Haven't looked yet closely at adjustments but is it possible to make the game more IM like?

Thinking especially Coffin multiball - reduce number of hits quite dramatically?

Maybe with CIU - reduce to 10 as others suggested.

Wonder if the game would become more intense as focus would be on CIU ( Jericho IM ) and then end of line would be attainable in a shorter space of time ( DOD IM).

#77 10 years ago

Shapeshifter - I completely agree with starting the base requirements at 10 for crank it up. I'd really like to see a ball saver at the start but I don't know if that will happen.

Ruger - ah yes, that makes perfect sense about the coffin multiball on the Prem/LE. Another couple of weeks and maybe everyone will like the default CIU starting settings. Who knows! I will be interested to see what else is coming. It's growing on me, but I stand by my initial impressions for what they are; initial impressions.

#78 10 years ago

Only complaints are, I wish every swear was gone in family mode including hell and damn, I wish for a ciu ball save, and of course for a perfect hammer, or possibly if my extra coffin hits count towards the next lock instead of started counting after the ball is locked.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Shapeshifter - I completely agree with starting the base requirements at 10 for crank it up. I'd really like to see a ball saver at the start but I don't know if that will happen.
Ruger - ah yes, that makes perfect sense about the coffin multiball on the Prem/LE. Another couple of weeks and maybe everyone will like the default CIU starting settings. Who knows! I will be interested to see what else is coming. It's growing on me, but I stand by my initial impressions for what they are; initial impressions.

I can't find the CIU settings? What number adjustment is it?

Also I notice you can really reduce coffin hits so would get coffin multiball into the game much earlier. Good or bad - I don't know. Maybe get to CIU earlier?

And maybe switch on setting that lets you stack coffin plus other multiballs?

#80 10 years ago

Yeah I hate having to shoot stuff to light other stuff. Every game should be like JD Supergame with constant 6 ball multiball and endless ball save.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Yeah I hate having to shoot stuff to light other stuff. Every game should be like JD Supergame with constant 6 ball multiball and endless ball save.

Coffin is only 4 balls, so it should be much easier to start and stack.
d

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I can't find the CIU settings? What number adjustment is it?
Also I notice you can really reduce coffin hits so would get coffin multiball into the game much earlier. Good or bad - I don't know. Maybe get to CIU earlier?
And maybe switch on setting that lets you stack coffin plus other multiballs?

Coffin lock setting (PRO) : Game adjustment 13. Cof Lock/MB stk w/other MB (something like that)

Crank it up Mode adjustment (PRO) : Game adjustments 62-69. Mode starting XXX shots / Mode Starting add'l shots.

Adjust each type individually if you want. Defaults are 15 and 5 iirc. I turned mine down a bit.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

They dont ever bleep the music right? Just the callouts?

Only swear I've noticed in the music is the 'f word' on Fuel, and no, its not bleeped.

As an aside, a friend of mine in high school had a VERY strict mother regarding what he listened to. When Garage Inc was released, I intentionally bought him a copy from WalMart so all the swearing would be bleeped out. Instead of bleeping the bad words, they just cut out ALL AUDIO. The WHOLE TRACK dropped for a split second. Songs like 'Last Caress' were pretty hilarious at that point. Terrible editing decision... haha... He also watched 'Pulp Fiction' for the first time with me, edited for television. I remember Vincent Vega, when he gets back to Wallace's house with Mrs. Wallace, he goes into the bathroom and says he's just going to go home and 'cool' off *hand making a jacking motion*. We used that line for the next few years of high school... haha...

#84 10 years ago

My mother was pretty strict also. It was weird how she would select the things she was picky about because we could watch R-rated movies, but music with language in it was forbidden. Anyway, she confiscated all my Metallica CDs. I'm not sure what she thinks of the Metallica pin in my basement now. She hasn't made any comment on it.

To stay on topic, I have a nit-picky "maybe bug" on the Pro. During the startup to Chair Multiball, the cross insert on the left ramp does not light up during the progression of lamps up the playfield. It works fine at all other times.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I am also getting this since the 1.5 update. Never happened before. Also... I hit the captive ball today and lost all flipper response like I'd lost a ball. Then flipper power returned. The ball trough issue is happening a bit though.

I have no mods installed.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

I just play like I normally do with the exception of deciding whether or not I want to start a multiball or a CIU mode.

This is your error - the multiballs aren't only for jackpots anymore - They are the tool to achieve easier CIU. It's not an either/or decision - its one to get to the other imo.

This is where the risk/reward in the early game is popping up imo - you can play the MBs as before, and achieve a decent score (and have a lot fun as all the MB's are taking on an attitude and playstyle of their own in the new code). But with CIU on the table, you can ignore or sideline the MB goals in favor of shooting shots for CIU progression which can be MUCH more lucrative, but has a risk of being under realized on poor play later on. It's actually pretty easy to get into one or two CIU modes in a game playing this way, BUT you won't do overly well in most MB's as far as super jackpots or anything. For an example, I usually come out of my first MB with at least 2-3 inserts lit for CIU if I'm playing even half well.

I don't think the game is quite 'perfect' in terms of balance yet (the requirements are definitely on the challenging side) but there's a lot more decision making in the preliminary game I think a lot of people are overlooking - turning the CIU requirments down this early to me is indicating you want to play like you always have and expect 'more' to be offered once you're thru some multiballs. This update is (in my opinion) greatly altering how the game should be played from the first flip, and how the focus in and out of multiball shifts between playfield doublers, advancing to modes, adding inserts, add-a-ball, jackpots, Fuel, Justice, Hurryups, etc... Prior to this we just focused on one thing at a time in a multiball, and talked about how Seek and Destroy was a nice side attraction - well now you have like 2-3 other things to progress in multiball as well

Short version: If you play like we did on 1.22, you will not see CIU very much.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

This is your error - the multiballs aren't only for jackpots anymore - They are the tool to achieve easier CIU. It's not an either/or decision - its one to get to the other imo.

I don't believe I'm in error, per se. I understand that MB's can be used to progress snakes/crosses/whatever etc towards CIU. What I was trying to convey is that I found the best strategy to just play the way I did before, and naturally CIU would be lit through normal play; then I could make the decision whether or not I wanted to start it; or just go for a multiball then try to stack coffin / fuel etc on top of that. I've gotten some pretty good scores doing that for ages and it hasn't changed. CIU is fun, but right now it's risky. Multiball comparatively isn't as risky and earlier on they are pretty easy to start. I'll mostly go for a CIU now when nothing else is really easy to start. It's like a sideshow for me. Afaik, if a CIU is lit before a MB is started, and you get enough hits to light it again, it doesn't stay lit after the first one... but I can't remember for sure.

I'd be interested to see what tournament players think of CIU as a scoring strategy in leiu of just using a multiball. To me it seems like an unnecessary risk currently - you say it 'can' be much more lucrative. Not always. I enjoy it, but if I'm trying to score points I'm not currently heavily drawn to it. Granted, I have gotten some pretty sweet scores off of CIU, but I do it less often than I do in the average multiball.

Which is why I said that I just pretty much play like I did before, and if CIU is lit, *maybe* I'll go for it, maybe not. Maybe I prefer going for something that is more of a sure thing, if it's lit.

TLDR : Maybe I'm playing the game differently than you and have a different approach.

Edit : I should mention I put a lot of time into it Friday/Saturday but stopped afterwards. Been focusing on some other stuff. When I get back into it I'll try going balls to the wall with CIU. When I did play, I was able to consistently start 2 CIU's per game no problem, sometimes 3. I should try to keep an eye on CIU focused scoring VS just playing it the 'old' way. I've got some pretty screamin' scores to beat from the 'old' way.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

I'd be interested to see what tournament players think of CIU as a scoring strategy in leiu of just using a multiball.

SR called it yesterday:

Quoted from SolarRide:

The multiballs are now just a tool in v1.5 to get the 15 captive ball hits (or 20/25/30 for other CIUs) more safely than in single ball play, since the various CIUs dwarf the scoring of other game elements like mb,S&D,lady justice and fuel.

Quoted from SteveP3:

I should try to keep an eye on CIU focused scoring VS just playing it the 'old' way. I've got some pretty screamin' scores to beat from the 'old' way.

Concentrate on CIU and your scores should go up noticeably. Based only on the few games games I've played so far on the new software, I wouldn't be surprised to see CIU scoring toned down overall in the next update.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

SR called it yesterday:

Concentrate on CIU and your scores should go up noticeably. Based only on the few games games I've played so far on the new software, I wouldn't be surprised to see CIU scoring toned down overall in the next update.

I hope not. Since they are one ball modes with no stacking or ball save they should score huge if played right.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Coffin lock setting (PRO) : Game adjustment 13. Cof Lock/MB stk w/other MB (something like that)
Crank it up Mode adjustment (PRO) : Game adjustments 62-69. Mode starting XXX shots / Mode Starting add'l shots.
Adjust each type individually if you want. Defaults are 15 and 5 iirc. I turned mine down a bit.

Done above.

First time I have ever altered default settings.

My thoughts are that CIU is just too cool not to experience more often and getting it and then completing it is hard. Then doing all 4 to get to EOL is beyond me but CIU is best feature of game so will see what these settings are like.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I am also getting this since the 1.5 update. Never happened before. Also... I hit the captive ball today and lost all flipper response like I'd lost a ball. Then flipper power returned. The ball trough issue is happening a bit though.
I have no mods installed.

got this on the second game after update

also skill shot is not skill shot : (

unless post disabled

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

also skill shot is not skill shot : (

unless post disabled

Ummm...it most definitely is a skill shot. You disable the post by holding the left flipper button and try for the right lane up top. Starts out at 1M and goes up for each successful shot.

#93 10 years ago

Has anyone had a issue when Sparky is ready for multiball and you shoot the ball up there and the magnet doesn't hold it to start multiball, but multiball still starts.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Has anyone had a issue when Sparky is ready for multiball and you shoot the ball up there and the magnet doesn't hold it to start multiball, but multiball still starts.

Yep. Happens on fast shots where the magnet doesn't grab. I use that time to shoot some extra shots as a free bonus. If you drain you get the ball back. Although, If you happen to hit sparky (maybe the mystery scoop too), while the multiball animation and flashers are running, it does abort the sequence and start the multiball.

My issue is that with the new code the ball doesn't always release from the magnet. Just kind of hangs there. Not a big deal as I use that time to make some shots. Vibration and another ball sent up that way knocks it free. Never ever had this hanging issue until this new code.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Yep. Happens on fast shots where the magnet doesn't grab. I use that time to shoot some extra shots as a free bonus. If you drain you get the ball back.

I have had this happen too. During multiball yesterday I had a ball on the magnet and shot another that circled the locked ball maybe two or three times. Not a glitch but it looked really cool.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

I don't believe I'm in error, per se. I understand that MB's can be used to progress snakes/crosses/whatever etc towards CIU. What I was trying to convey is that I found the best strategy to just play the way I did before, and naturally CIU would be lit through normal play; then I could make the decision whether or not I wanted to start it; or just go for a multiball then try to stack coffin / fuel etc on top of that.

But that's what I'm saying you are in error about - CIU is NOT a sideshow, it's a main course. If you play as per 1.22 and just hope you light CIU you're never going to consistently get there. That's how I played most of the first night I had 1.5 installed and I was frustrated at how hard it seemed to get into the deeper parts of the code. a day or two later I realized CIU has to be a (or even THE) priority in your MB play.

TLDR : Maybe I'm playing the game differently than you and have a different approach.

You're playing the same as I did in 1.22. You can't keep doing that and expect 1.5 to show you it's potential. (my opinion obviously )

Edit : I should mention I put a lot of time into it Friday/Saturday but stopped afterwards. Been focusing on some other stuff. When I get back into it I'll try going balls to the wall with CIU. When I did play, I was able to consistently start 2 CIU's per game no problem, sometimes 3. I should try to keep an eye on CIU focused scoring VS just playing it the 'old' way. I've got some pretty screamin' scores to beat from the 'old' way.

Bingo! I'm not saying the balance is perfect, but once I broke out of the 'multiball rinse repeat' mode of play, the game changed drastically.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I hope not. Since they are one ball modes with no stacking or ball save they should score huge if played right.

Agreed. I think there will be some leveling off between the individual CIU modes (personally I think For Whom the Bell Tolls is way easier and higher scoring than any other at this point - maybe I'm wrong?) but overall I wouldn't expect CIU mode as a whole to be drastically nerfed unless the requirements for qualifying it drop accordingly.

What I really like about CIU mode is that you can get out of it almost any time. If you light the scoop, you can cash out and carry on regular play if things get hairy (assuming you can shoot the scoop, which I really can't at this point haha)

#98 10 years ago

When you hit the coffin and it shows "X shots left to capture" or whatever, I wish the "X shots" part was bigger and easier to quickly glance at. It has like 3 lines of small text and I almost never look at that screen because it takes too long to scan given how quickly the ball is usually flying back after that shot. I mostly find myself shooting at or near the hammer and not really knowing when it's ready, but crossing my fingers that it will lock the ball.

Speaking of the hammer--is there a visual cue when it's ready to go that I'm missing? I'm not the only one who has that problem...visitors love when the ball gets smashed into the PF, but there's frustration in some people not knowing how to make it happen or when it's supposed to happen, which is too bad because it's one of the coolest toy ideas of all time.

These aren't strictly 1.5 related, but because there's so much more going on with the DMD now I'm finding myself getting kind of fatigued...maybe I just need to get used to the new rules, but I always had some trouble with that coffin lock screen because of the small text.

#99 10 years ago

The CIU modes are awesome. I haven't seen anything this good since TV Wizard mode on FG. Nice work Lyman !!

Quoted from phishrace:

SR called it yesterday:

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Speaking of the hammer--is there a visual cue when it's ready to go that I'm missing? I'm not the only one who has that problem...visitors love when the ball gets smashed into the PF, but there's frustration in some people not knowing how to make it happen or when it's supposed to happen, which is too bad because it's one of the coolest toy ideas of all time.

It will say "Lock is lit" when its ready. How to get it to lock is another question

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-150-comments-bugs-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.