• Latest reply 10 years ago by zucot
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

James-Hetfield-Yeah1-380x230.jpg
th.jpeg
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 10 years ago

My hammer is grabbing way better now on 1.2 + No phantom hits

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Can't you just set the hammer back to 1.16 settings? I thought that was in the read me under sw hits after detect adjustment. No way I would roll back the entire code. Snake and Fuel are way too much fun now!

"- Added adjustments and code to work around certain magnet boards that
have trouble detecting the presence of the ball while the ball is being
held (magnet being duty-cycled). Set game adj. #73 (ABORT HAMMER/LOCK
SW. ACTIVITY) to NO (default is YES) to restore the behavior as it was
in V1.16. "

#153 10 years ago

I could imagine that maybe Lyman did work on the modes, but he doesn't want to release a version where one or a few modes are available and the rest is lacking. Or maybe some modes are already programmed but not finished yet? Just something(s) I could see happening, no idea if there's any truth in it. I wouldn't worry too much if I had a new game that Lyman is the programmer for.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Mines the same

#155 10 years ago

I'm thinking this too...
Modes are probably gonna take a lot of time to develop and probably change a lot before ever being released. I'm hoping Lyman is allowed to concentrate on the modes and the 'cool' part of the software while maybe others are handling the mechanical software issues.

From what I've read is seems like the magnet should be using a bunch more sensors. I'm picture 4 eddies in a square approx 1 inch from the center of the magnet.

Quoted from sven:

I could imagine that maybe Lyman did work on the modes, but he doesn't want to release a version where one or a few modes are available and the rest is lacking. Or maybe some modes are already programmed but not finished yet? Just something(s) I could see happening, no idea if there's any truth in it. I wouldn't worry too much if I had a new game that Lyman is the programmer for.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

"- Added adjustments and code to work around certain magnet boards that
have trouble detecting the presence of the ball while the ball is being
held (magnet being duty-cycled). Set game adj. #73 (ABORT HAMMER/LOCK
SW. ACTIVITY) to NO (default is YES) to restore the behavior as it was
in V1.16. "

This fixed my issue. Code is working great now, glad I did not go back to 1.16, thanks for the advise! Just put up 126,xxx,xxx on 1.2 and not a single false hammer. Disabled the orbit loop post #68, its kick ass. Finally got something else out of the mystery hole other than 500,000K, add fuel. I was 2 shots away from having all band members in one ball, really wanted to see what would have happened, SUX!

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

That's because you got the $13,000 model

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

From what I've read is seems like the magnet should be using a bunch more sensors. I'm picture 4 eddies in a square approx 1 inch from the center of the magnet.

I don't think this would work very well in practice, but i could be wrong. Eddy sensors detect fluctuations in their magnetic field right? So putting them around a magnet to detect a ball might result in piles of sensing errors? (I know the magnet isn't always on, but when it fires, boom, eddy sensor might think there's a ball there erroneously? I guess this could be ignored by software though for the firing period + small grace period as the field collapses). I'm just spitballin'...

I'd be interested in hearing what type of balls people are using, ie - factory, PBL normal or high gloss, silverjets, etc... I wonder how much of an effect the ball type would have on sensing?

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

Really? Mine are way worse now. I've played about a dozen games with the new code and it's happened at least once per game.

I've had games where it would do it three or four times on the same ball,with new code 1.2
Rarely did it on the last code.

#160 10 years ago

1.2 doesn't feel or act much different than the 1.18 version, the hammer lock is still hit and miss, better than the 1.16 code but not perfect.

#161 10 years ago

Just finished up a game. Sixteen hits to the hammer, and no balls locked. Had one phantom hammer drop at 14, but that's it. Had the EB lit without a ball locked.
To say it has gotten worse now at 1.2 is an understatement...

#162 10 years ago

my hammer was nearly perfect on 1.16 and I get phantom hits all the time and rarely lock a ball on 1.2. the ball could be in the pops or on an inlane and the damn hammer is swinging down. In fact a couple times I smacked the hammer with the ball when it was in the down position. it's clearly not designed to withstand ball hits.

I like the progression of some of the stuff, but bummed out about the hammer in 1.2

D

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

"- Added adjustments and code to work around certain magnet boards thathave trouble detecting the presence of the ball while the ball is beingheld (magnet being duty-cycled). Set game adj. #73 (ABORT HAMMER/LOCKSW. ACTIVITY) to NO (default is YES) to restore the behavior as it wasin V1.16. "

Did this, now all is good

#164 10 years ago

1.2 made it worse for me, with my magnet problems.
On 1.2, if I have setting 73 to "Yes", my hammer will drop and lock over and over when the lock is lit.
I had the ball in the shooter lane and the magnet was firing, hammer dropping and lock dropping over and over. I had to set that to No just to go back to the old way of barely locking balls.
Since the new magnet control board didn't help, hopefully Stern will have some more things for me to try. Very frustrating.

#165 10 years ago

I switched 73 to no. Game is back to awesome.

#166 10 years ago

I am using PBlife glossy ones or whatever they're called.

#167 10 years ago

Sparky MB is now 10 hits on factory settings. Wasn't it 6 or 8 before? 1.2 seems harder. I'm bringing it down to 8 hits.

Coffin mb is 5 plus 10 plus 10 hits to start. 25 hits total.

There are menu options for EOL now.

#168 10 years ago

The EOL adjustments have been in there since 1.03 (possibly earlier); if you're referring to :

(these are from 1.03)
E.o.L. starting Grave Markers (50)
E.o.L. additional grave markers (10)
E.o.L. starting electric chairs (50)
E.o.L. additional electric chairs (10)
E.o.L. starting coffins (50)
E.o.L. additional coffins (10)
E.o.L. starting snakes (50)
E.o.L. additional snakes (10)
E.o.L. M.B. autofire timer (20 seconds)

#169 10 years ago

Loving the new code. Seek & destroy was already a super fun mode, now it's super rewarding too. Just put up 358m with 150m seek & destroy champ. I had at least one S&D jackpot over 27m. Coffin + electric chair + seek & destroy + add-a-ball + double scoring = WOW.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Sparky MB is now 10 hits on factory settings. Wasn't it 6 or 8 before? 1.2 seems harder. I'm bringing it down to 8 hits.

Pretty sure it was always 10

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Loving the new code. Seek & destroy was already a super fun mode, now it's super rewarding too. Just put up 358m with 150m seek & destroy champ. I had at least one S&D jackpot over 27m. Coffin + electric chair + seek & destroy + add-a-ball + double scoring = WOW.

Yeah man, seek and destroy gave me like 68 mil first time around. Huge payoffs there if you can stack it in with everything. On 1.16 my GC was 316mil I'm expecting big things now haha

#172 10 years ago

anybody get the attract music option to work. I got it to work on the code before 1.16. It would start playing a song in its entirety after playing a game and letting it sit for a few minutes- was super cool- have not been able to get that to work with newer codes. Have not seen anything on this yet.

#173 10 years ago

Can you start Seek and Destroy while in a mb? Or do you have to have S&D running before you start a mb?

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Can you start Seek and Destroy while in a mb? Or do you have to have S&D running before you start a mb?

No it can and does start in the middle of a multiball .

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

No it can and does start in the middle of a multiball .

Thanks

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

anybody get the attract music option to work. I got it to work on the code before 1.16. It would start playing a song in its entirety after playing a game and letting it sit for a few minutes- was super cool- have not been able to get that to work with newer codes. Have not seen anything on this yet.

Yes, the attract mode radio music works on the new code. You need to enable it in the settings as it is set to "off" by default when you install new code. Go into Service Menu > Adjustments > Game (Feature Adjustments) > Feature Adjustment #89 "Attract Mode Radio" > Change to "Yes".

Then, you should be able to hold down the right flipper button in attract mode, and the radio will pop up on the DMD.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

It's always been 10. Shots to the target between his legs is worth 2x. So 5 well placed shots will start it.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

It's always been 10. Shots to the target between his legs is worth 2x. So 5 well placed shots will start it.

Ah cool . Thanks for that . I was wondering why sometimes the multiball seemed to be ready a lot earlier .

#179 10 years ago

The more I play it, the more I learn the rules, you can light coffin lock for a limited time by doing a few combo shots. You get to appreciate the game a lot more when you have a good game of stacking multiballs. I love how the game light show goes mostly blue or red when achieving certain goals or jackpots. I am loving the game the more I learn about it, I have maximum respect for Lyman. I am sure it will just get better.
Keeps it interesting changing songs for each multiball as well.
The coffin lock is not perfect, just adds to the challenge to try and lock the ball.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

The more I play it, the more I learn the rules, you can light coffin lock for a limited time by doing a few combo shots. You get to appreciate the game a lot more when you have a good game of stacking multiballs. I love how the game light show goes mostly blue or red when achieving certain goals or jackpots. I am loving the game the more I learn about it, I have maximum respect for Lyman. I am sure it will just get better.
Keeps it interesting changing songs for each multiball as well.
The coffin lock is not perfect, just adds to the challenge to try and lock the ball.

Are you sure the combos to coffin aren't the Seek & Destroy Hurry up?

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Are you sure the combos to coffin aren't the Seek & Destroy Hurry up?

Oh, you could be right, like I said I am still learning the rules

#182 10 years ago

Just noticed my skill shot is awarded in the right lane when the left lane is lit too

Weird a simple thing like this is not yet fixed

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

It would be silly for them to leave a game with a mode plastered right on the playfield that is non-accessable. lol

Yep. That would be silly. Like WOF?

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Yep. That would be silly. Like WOF?

Fool me once, shame on Stern. Fool me twice, shame on me.

#185 10 years ago

A cool mode would be Raise The Dead Mode!

lock two balls and then complete the grave marker 3 drops plus final shots to start raise the dead mode.

This is a two ball multiball in which shots to sparky give electric jolts to bring him back from the dead. "Clear! bzzzzzzzz" 5 jolts brings him back to life and awards an extra ball.

#186 10 years ago

Add me to the list of frustrated people with 1.2 update. I am now getting multiple phantom hammer drops for no reason what so ever.
I plan on re-installing 1.16 where I did not have hammer drop issue....Man I hope they get this issue taken care of.
Hard to spend this kind of money on a game and have it have these types of issues after an update...starting to get disappointed.

#187 10 years ago

after reading all this i think i will stay with 1.16, hopefully this game gets a proper update soon. keep people on this game until finished stern!

#188 10 years ago

Does nobody read the readme? If you want 1.16 hammer behavior make the simple menu adjustment and enjoy the new code!

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Quoted from Pinstym:

Do this if you have problem with new version

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Does nobody read the readme? If you want 1.16 hammer behavior make the simple menu adjustment and enjoy the new code!

I've tried it both ways in ver 1.2, and it doesn't seem to make much difference that I can tell...

How is your machine acting?

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

What he said,I just changed the setting in menu
Works like it did in 1.16,kept the new code otherwise.
Lots of new stuff to see,and do

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

...and even if you don't read the readme, it's already been mentioned in this thread!

#193 10 years ago

I love the Fuel and even more the seek and destroy...wow

way more fun now,i cannot wait to see other modes in there
All the Toys are awesome.Sparky and the Hammer/ciffin are insane.

#194 10 years ago

Yeah fuel is just great now. Amazing what some extra dots and sound effects can do. Seek and destroy is very lucrative now and I find is a much bigger priority than before. I typically prioritized multiballs and happened upon seek and destroy every now and then, but I'm definitely picking and choosing shots to get into that mode at the right time now.

#195 10 years ago

Silly question but is there a rule sheet anywhere (LE specifically)? I know with so many changes to the code it will be hard to keep updated but wondering if there is anything out there.

#197 10 years ago

Those rules are outdated.

Additions/Corrections:

Pound the captive ball (PRO) to build up locks for Coffin Multi-ball
Pound the newton block (LE/Prem) to build up locks for Coffin Multi-ball and hope for a hammer lock.

Hit pick targets during multiball to light snake (starts flashing). Lock ball in snake for ADD-A-BALL and 2x scoring for 20secs. Hit pick targets again to reset timer.

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Additions/Corrections:
Pound the newton block (LE/Prem) to build up locks for Coffin Multi-ball and hope for a hammer lock.
Hit pick targets during multiball to light snake (starts flashing). Lock ball in snake for ADD-A-BALL and 2x scoring for 20secs. Hit pick targets again to reset timer.

You are also missing some of the new snake rules and other stuff from 1.2....but it's the most up to date I've seen posted...

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Additions/Corrections:

Haven't had time to update the rule sheet yet, but I will after PAPA.

Hopefully we will be beyond 1.2 by then

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I've tried it both ways in ver 1.2, and it doesn't seem to make much difference that I can tell...
How is your machine acting?

Changing that setting does nothing for me either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 25.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-12/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.