• Latest reply 10 years ago by zucot
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

James-Hetfield-Yeah1-380x230.jpg
th.jpeg
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Common problem with the Silver Jet balls. Try these instead:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

Thanks. I just placed my order. Will let yah know. It makes sense this is the issue.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

I like 1.2 and can tell a big difference with the hammer lock. Works Great. Unfortunately the magnet magnetizes the balls too where they become stuck in the coffin. When the down post drops to let the ball out, they do not move fast enough. (I assume magnetized together.) Causes an annoying ball search by the machine. I just shut the machine off until balls became un magnetized. Anyone else have this problem and know the solution? Do they make a ball that stays demagnetized? BTW I use Silver Jet Premium Pinball replacements.

Definitely switch to the Pinball Life glossies, you never want to use those Silver Jets in a game with magnets. I have zero problem with the PBL balls in my Shadow.

Edit: Heh, see you ordered them already. You'll be much happier.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

I like 1.2 and can tell a big difference with the hammer lock. Works Great. Unfortunately the magnet magnetizes the balls too where they become stuck in the coffin. When the down post drops to let the ball out, they do not move fast enough. (I assume magnetized together.) Causes an annoying ball search by the machine. I just shut the machine off until balls became un magnetized. Anyone else have this problem and know the solution? Do they make a ball that stays demagnetized? BTW I use Silver Jet Premium Pinball replacements.

Quoted from herg:

Common problem with the Silver Jet balls. Try these instead:http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

I've also read that about Silver Jet balls, which is why got the high gloss balls from pinball life as herg suggested. Never had a problem with those balls sticking together, except on hot summer days

#104 10 years ago

Glad to see an update, but they've still got a ways to go on this one to make it a real player. Code is still shallow.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Glad to see an update, but they've still got a ways to go on this one to make it a real player. Code is still shallow.

Still shallow??? Can you be more specific?

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

hit shot x times to start MB. go for supers. try to stack with fuel and playfield multipliers.

Thats essentially 90% of the game at this point. Before anyone gets upset - I own the game. It's clearly not finished, and I would absolutely say it is not terribly deep in most respects yet. Theres rarely a decision to make during the game except what MB is clostset/easiest to achieve. He's looking for more modes and features like starting and running the Seek and Destory mode where you need to prioritize shots and make decisions that arent 'shoot sparky 10 times'.

I know everyone wants a wizard mode but it's clear that the path to the wizard mode is still in flux with lyman adding more depth and polish to the snake mode. Theres still band memeber features, crank it up modes, possibly some mystery features, and yes a wizard mode. We don't know how much depth that will bring, but based on lymans recent work, there will hopefully be critical play decisions somewhere in that journey to maximize scoring.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Are band member modes and wizard modes in it yet?? I completed all 4 solid inserts in the middle on the previous code (since I haven't updated yet) and felt like I should have been rewarded with some sort of wiz mode but there was nothing and it kinda took the wind out of my sails...

IMO there should be at least two wiz modes. One when you get all the 4 main inserts lit and another when you have them all lit AND collect all the band members (which has to be done in one ball).

I haven't played much waiting for the next update (which is now this). I hope they added some modes e.t.c. but It's not looking likely from checking out the changelog...

#108 10 years ago

I wonder if Lyman has been busy with other stuff, because I'm not blown away by an update that was slightly over a month coming. Am I missing something? Please tell me I am.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

I wonder if Lyman has been busy with other stuff, because I'm not blown away by an update that was slightly over a month coming. Am I missing something? Please tell me I am.

You are missing that it was a great game and code out of the box?

#110 10 years ago

It will come. The pin is really fun IMO even as it is . 1.2 is Veeeery early code . Be patient . Im sure after developing a pin a week or so vacation time is not out of the realm of reality.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

The skill shot in the right lane still doesn't work. Mystery is still 500k. I can't really hear the Fuel 'filing up' sound, but the mode starts WAY faster now. Only 8 hits? 12? Super fast.

I see light lock, start multiball have been added to extra ball, 500,000 and multiplier bump.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Are band member modes and wizard modes in it yet?? I completed all 4 solid inserts in the middle on the previous code (since I haven't updated yet) and felt like I should have been rewarded with some sort of wiz mode but there was nothing and it kinda took the wind out of my sails...
IMO there should be at least two wiz modes. One when you get all the 4 main inserts lit and another when you have them all lit AND collect all the band members (which has to be done in one ball).
I haven't played much waiting for the next update (which is now this). I hope they added some modes e.t.c. but It's not looking likely from checking out the changelog...

Yeah there are no wizards yet unless seek and destroy is it. It will come. Just like ACDC had no encore the first couple updates.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I wouldn't call the code out of the box great. It's pretty basic and somewhat shallow like others have said. It's obvious to me that there is still a lot more to come. Potential is there for sure!

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Potential is there for sure!

And then some!

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Bingo. This to me is why I'm excited... Even the omgbestgameever Acdc was less than stellar before Lyman worked his magic over the course of a year. Metallica is already one of my faves (big fan of the theme helps) and its super early code. Acdc is on what 1.6 or something? We've crept up by less than .1 revisions since the premiums were released. I'm just as eager as everyone else for more modes, but I can relate to this method Lyman is using... We have in our hands probably the bottom half of the game... The foundation if you will. Getting it in place, and polished means we can start to expect layers of additional modes and features ontop of a solid foundation. If we just get a kajillion modes thrown at us all half assed working and overlapping and stacking (early xmen?) we'll complain about that too. The game is playable and fun... Depth will come. The scope and scale of depth may not be what everyone wants but it will come.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wouldn't call the code out of the box great. It's pretty basic and somewhat shallow like others have said. It's obvious to me that there is still a lot more to come. Potential is there for sure!

He didn't call the code great, he called the game great. semantics i know hehe. overall it's a fun game. Not the best and yes indeed the potential is there.

On a side note I do think the code that is in place is actually quite good. The multiballs are each starting to take on their own method of play which I love, and aside from the hammer issues, there's nothing holding back the fun except the lack of mid-end game content. Compared to some releases with messy code with no polish or structure, MET is quite pleasantly playable

#117 10 years ago

Jeez, some of you guys are so impatient! Just relax and let the code happen. It will take time!

Please do us a favor and wait at least six months after release before buying your ST!

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

He didn't call the code great, he called the game great.

Are you sure?

Quoted from gambit3113:

it was a great game and code out of the box

#119 10 years ago

Damn lawyers.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you sure?

Ahahahaha ok I either need less or more rum.... You win this round. Damn selective reading skills.

#122 10 years ago

This is my point exactly. We do this every time a game has even a shred of potential. Acdc is still crap tho right? Oh wait no. No it's not.

#123 10 years ago

I am more than willing to wait for kick ass Lyman rules than the cut 'n' paste depression era Sterns.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I'm not missing that it's a great game, but the code out of the box (1.03 for me) reminded me of a good Sega pin. Multiball mania. All I'm saying is I was surprised there wasn't more in this revision.

I certainly enjoy it now, it's just not blowing my mind for an update that (supposedly) he had a month solid to work on. I'm guessing some other stuff came up.

#125 10 years ago

Prediction: a year or so from now, stern will release the "best machine evar" and we will be able to link to this thread and sayyyyy:

Quoted from sk8ball:

I hear an echo...

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

I certainly enjoy it now, it's just not blowing my mind for an update that (supposedly) he had a month solid to work on.

I'd love to know what takes so long for these fairly minor updates. Is it just because he's multitasking? That playtesting every little bit takes a long time? That inspiration just takes time? Because from a pure logic/coding standpoint this isn't the kind of thing you need a month for (unless I'm gross underestimating some of the obstacles and process). Obviously the guy is a pro, I'm not dogging, just genuinely curious what makes the process stretch out so long.

#127 10 years ago

This update seems to have fixed up my phamton hammer drops I still find it a drain monster

#128 10 years ago

@Aurich

I sent Lyman an e-mail about the snake mouth holding the ball on the pros; he sent one back (about a week and a half ago) explaining it would be fixed in the next software and elaborated on the fix. He said the new code would be out hopefully within the next week or so (ok, done!) barring any interruptions. Not sure if it was specifically a dig at me for e-mailing him; or if there are other things going on at Stern that are taking up his time and causing multitasking (maybe whatever the next game is?). I'm going to go with 'inconclusive'.

Anyways, I said sorry for interrupting and thanked him for the update and that was that.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Well, he does have to go and help Ritchie with Star Trek at some point......

I heard from the king that Lyman was only on the software team. Next pin has a team. New system maybe?

I really enjoy the pin as is. I find it very challenging with cool combos, hurry ups and stacking modes with MB. Glad to see he fixed hammer ball lock.

I am giving Metle equal time between Tron LE and Acdc Prem. Fits in perfect with this line up.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

This update seems to have fixed up my phamton hammer drops I still find it a drain monster

Really? Mine are way worse now. I've played about a dozen games with the new code and it's happened at least once per game.

#131 10 years ago

Did you guys play with the hammer adjustment in the menus? Maybe that will help?

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Oddly, I've had more phantom hammer drops after the update.
Kind of depressing...

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Did you guys play with the hammer adjustment in the menus? Maybe that will help?

I'd advise against it personally. I've played with all of them and it only made things worse. The only one Id recommend touching is maybe the one referring to number of switches before cancelling ball lock hammering, but that won't help phantom hammers, just grab-release problems.

#134 10 years ago

I'm a Tequila fueled, pinball playin' machine! You want to talk about stackin'? I just had coffin and sparky goin' at the same time, and got two balls on the gravemarker magnet to start that! Then came snaky!

I love this game!

#135 10 years ago

All was fine on my pin till 1.2 then false hammers all over the fuc_in place. Glad I saved 1.16 code. Going back in tomorrow. So glad I gave up all my high scores for this BS.

#136 10 years ago

I am also having alot more phantom locks in this update. It's still catching the ball about the same as the last code too..so not that great..

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

I see light lock, start multiball have been added to extra ball, 500,000 and multiplier bump.

True, they are there, but has anyone been awarded one? Add Fuel miiiiight come up a bit more often, but its still almost always 500k.

Anyone know how to start team scoring? Yes, I turned the option on in the menus. Thanks!

#138 10 years ago

Think I'm going to remain on the sidelines for a while yet, until they get these issues sorted out anyway. Seems pretty inconsistent based on the comments so far.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

True, they are there, but has anyone been awarded one? Add Fuel miiiiight come up a bit more often, but its still almost always 500k.
Anyone know how to start team scoring? Yes, I turned the option on in the menus. Thanks!

I just got extra ball. I have had add fuel in the past and less 500k. Have not gotten multiplier, light lock or start MB.

#140 10 years ago

The "fangs" callout is still there so the snake isn't entirely cleaned up.

#141 10 years ago

There's also hold bonus X in mystery. Never awarded obviously but I've seen it.

#142 10 years ago

...aaarrrggghhhh. Phantom hammer is WORSE!!! Damn I didn't save 1.18. Aaaarrrggghhhh

#143 10 years ago

Could we see stuff like these in the Mystery hole?

1:add a ball

2:free lighshow,the game would Do a great light show of 5 sec

3:Shot the 4 main targets (sparky,snake,cross,block) in 25 sec and win $ or add a ball

4:Nothing here for you,LOSER (james Hetfield voice)

5:Starts METALLICRAZY : flippers becomes inverted you have to do some type of shots to win $

#144 10 years ago

Based on the feedback here for the LE/Premium, I would guess that so little was accomplished on the code because Stern has made fixing the hammer lock the top priority. They are obviously having trouble figuring out what the problem is and I am sure that is eating up a lot of valuable coding time. Not fixing it would hurt future sales of the Premium, which is where they make the most money going forward.

Brian

#145 10 years ago

Never had a phantom hammer before. Went from 1.13 to 1.2 and now I get them.

#146 10 years ago

AMD, the Sydney disto, took delivery of a 1.18 code that they installed before shipping out their machines. It was pretty good. I don't think anyone else has experienced the 1.18 as it was not up on the Stern site. 1.18 was a big improvement on 1.16 with almost no hammer problems. If you can find 1.18 put it in, but then don't go to 1.2

#147 10 years ago

Hammer is crazy on mine after the update. Might switch back to 1:16.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Never had a phantom hammer before. Went from 1.13 to 1.2 and now I get them.

You're not alone. I'm just trying to make the most of what they are giving, but at the very least, when it says "lock is lit", shouldn't something light? maybe the coffin? I know there is a light in there. I've SEEN it!

#149 10 years ago

I just upgraded to 1.2 on my MET Pro, noticed a ball save issue for the first time. Not sure if only my game or others have the same thing. Start a new game, hold the left flipper, plunge the ball, next hit the electric chair and let ball drain. Another ball is kicked out, you'll still be on ball one. Repeat the process, hit electric chair just once and let ball drain. Another ball kicks out. You will continue being on ball one forever unless more than one switch has registered for points, at that stage ball will register as a drain.

#150 10 years ago

Can't you just set the hammer back to 1.16 settings? I thought that was in the read me under sw hits after detect adjustment. No way I would roll back the entire code. Snake and Fuel are way too much fun now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-12/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.