• 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 10 years ago

The rating system has become nothing more than another weapon in the personal battles that pinball has become. Its hard to really know which ratings are legit and which ones are just a hater trying to get in another jab or uppercut. This is the wild and crazy world of pinball today... and its really quite entertaining!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

MOPLE/Prem down to 17 today

OOHHH NOOOOO! SELL, SELL, SELL!!!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am surprised it is at 17 already since I do not see a single basher in the bunch, even though there appears to be a few pumpers pushing the rating up and still a small sample size.

You should know, you certainly know how to manipulate the ratings! WoZ a '10'? You pumper you!

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not sure what you are trying to get at Tony, I originally rated WOZ to point out a continuing problem with the ratings and that they are pretty much worthless

Yes and the murder rate in Detroit is pretty horrendous but I wouldn't recommend going there and killing someone to point this out...

The ratings are not even something to worry about anymore. Like I said in another post they are just another weapon in the 'new world order' of pinball. The ratings are used and abused to a point by some. Its hard to figure out what ratings are based strictly on the pin itself and which ones have some personal motive behind them. Pinball has become extremely personal. I can't kick your cat or knock over your garbage can so the next best thing to do with keyboard in hand is to bash your favorite pinball machine... sad really but extremely entertaining at times!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Your 6.403 rating on Woz would put it at number 258 in the rankings......

Not sure I understand your point? Like I said, why worry about the ratings. They mean nothing. My rating of WoZ shouldn't mean anything to you. You also had a '10' rating on WoZ as well but since removed it.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I don't agree that software must be near complete to share an opinion. If JJP and Stern decide it's complete enough to put in homes and on location then that's enough to get a rating. Might my opinion change later with new software? Sure, and Pinside allows for changing ratings.

I agree and if your going to give a rating at least make it believable, right ICE?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-1-on-top-100?tu=teekee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.