• 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1.jpeg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Just saw this. It is ok, but I don't think it should be #1 already. Too many great pins out there thru the years that have been tried and proved. Should be a waiting time like getting into the Hall of Fame before a pin can be #1 . What do you think?

#2 10 years ago

Winning!

#3 10 years ago

Dangerous to be up there so fast. Last one who took the numero uno title was Metallica Pro. It tooked a beating from a few bashers after that.

It's cool to see it there but with an incomplete code and most of the planet who have not played it enough I would say the same thing will happen in the next few weeks for the LE.

Doesnt mean much anyway. If a pin is cool and fun, the position in the chart is irrelevant.

#4 10 years ago

You must new to pinside. The last four games that have been released all reached number one in rankings for at least one week. It will fall very far down the rankings chart next week if the trend continues.

#5 10 years ago

It has been that way for a week now .

Tigers blood !

#6 10 years ago

Now that you've brought it to everyone's attention, the haters will be quick to post negative reviews to bring it down...

#7 10 years ago

Well, it's better than ACDC!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Considerably better. It's significantly more fun.

#9 10 years ago

I barely look at the rating...i have my own taste
and really dont care about others opinion or that
top 100 anymore.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'd say its different then ACDC.

#11 10 years ago

Here we go again.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I barely look at the rating...i have my own taste
and really dont care about others opinion or that
top 100 anymore.

Ratings are mostly best for debate. I find write ups far more useful and like seeing the top lists for individual members here but the overall top 100 list has to many flaws to be too helpful.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, it's better than ACDC

hardly....

#14 10 years ago

WOZ was number 1 for a week or 2 and dropped pretty fast, you will find Metallica will do the same......

#15 10 years ago

Everytime a new Stern comes out. Someone has to post this. We Know wait a few weeks. Oh and welcome to Pinside

#16 10 years ago

We know WE know,Something New ????????

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Considerably better. It's significantly more fun.

How would you know ? You sold it before the code was better ? I have both LEs and they are both great ! All I need now is my Woz and I will be set !

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Here we go again.

Yes, this is true but that is why I'm hoping a Iron Maiden is made by next year by a different designer. The one piece of the puzzle would be to keep, is Lyman make the code for all three if he could. Then we could really talk about who did the better job design,art,dots or whatever.

No matter its a great time for pinball!!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from bearsfan27:

Should be a waiting time like getting into the Hall of Fame before a pin can be #1 . What do you think?

I like this idea. Or something like 30 ratings needed to even be listed in the Top 100. I remember the old days, when Avatar LE was #1 on ipdb... *sniff*

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

How would you know ? You sold it before the code was better ? I have both LEs and they are both great ! All I need now is my Woz and I will be set !

Because I've spent plenty of time on the new code. I like Metallica better. Learn to accept other folks opinions.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

While I agree with you, it's best not to praise a new title by saying it's 'better' than another. Because you lose the audience who love the compared machine.

It's a valid comparison, with both being fan layout music pins programmed by Lyman, but it's also a divisive way to describe your love for MET. ACDC is an awesome machine, and it does seem we are destined to have another "AFM v MM" or "MB v CV" rivalry, which only happens when both machines are adored, let's face it.

Best to just say MET is awesome! Give reasons like the flow, speed, the strategy choices (even in the early code), and things like the Gravemarker SJP which is just a phenomenal sequence.

Also, the Pinnovators kit is an absolute must, for those who haven't tried it out. Not only can you jam out with headphones, but you can send it out to a speaker kit. We sent it out to just a little 5.1 computer speaker kit and placed it under the machine, and when you nail the spinner you can feel the air from the woofer against your legs. Amazing stuff.

Code needs to be finished for modes, gavel lock strength, etc. But even as it is, it's a killer machine which we can all assume will only get better...

#22 10 years ago

It's #1 in my house.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Ill back him up. It's way more fun that acdc

#24 10 years ago

Great post mechslave.

#25 10 years ago

Anything new is usually always the trendy way to go. In any industry, "new" is generally the must have, the cool toy.
I actually agree with others and could care less about the pinside rankings. You have to play what you love and love what you play. That's why this world is so great - diversity. Different strokes for different folks. We are all different; we like and appreciate different things....
Though I will say...METLE is pretty kick - ass!!!

#26 10 years ago

I am more surprised that Avengers Pro is not even in the top 200.

#27 10 years ago

Metallica LE will end up in the top 10, right there with ACDC

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Learn to accept other folks opinions.

Quoted from markmon:

Ill back him up. It's way more fun that acdc

That is your opinion and I will respect that . Maybe if we get a few more opinions, it will be fact ! I only deal in facts LOL

#29 10 years ago

I only deal in facts LOL

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#30 10 years ago

This is part of that long-running debate about what makes a good pinball game. Many agree that the best games offer great stuff for experienced pinball players and novices alike (AFM, TAF, etc). I think Metallica MIGHT just become one of the all-time greats due to the Sparky toy.

Sparky has an incredible presence in the game, hitting him is "fun" due to the motion and sound effects, and it is rather easy to keep hitting him to start his electric chair multiball.

I have been playing the game with some friends who have hardly ever played pinball before, and they all "got it" right away. Some thought the electric chair hilarious, some thought it sick, but all seemed to have a great deal of fun, and lined up to play again and again.

Trying to interest them in my Twilight Zone... hardly anyone starts a second game.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

This is part of that long-running debate about what makes a good pinball game. Many agree that the best games offer great stuff for experienced pinball players and novices alike (AFM, TAF, etc). I think Metallica MIGHT just become one of the all-time greats due to the Sparky toy.
Sparky has an incredible presence in the game, hitting him is "fun" due to the motion and sound effects, and it is rather easy to keep hitting him to start his electric chair multiball.
I have been playing the game with some friends who have hardly ever played pinball before, and they all "got it" right away. Some thought the electric chair hilarious, some thought it sick, but all seemed to have a great deal of fun, and lined up to play again and again.
Trying to interest them in my Twilight Zone... hardly anyone starts a second game.

Same here at home,even my wife that never looked at any of my pinball,she plays (a little)
and she loves it,she even watch me play that's a first,she loves Sparky the music and light!

My sons and theyre friends are amazed by Sparky.

I just hope Lyman will add a Sparky mode where he gets beat up while shooting at him!!!
I hope it will be Battery mode would fit with the animation already on the 1.16 code.

#32 10 years ago

Met #1? No f'ing way. Bene and his extended family must be rating the game.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Same here at home,even my wife that never looked at any of my pinball,she plays (a little)
and she loves it,she even watch me play that's a first,she loves Sparky the music and light.

I went in to work today and my wife texted me a picture of her high score of 120 million, making her the Grand Champion. I think she and my kids have played it more than me, lol.

#34 10 years ago

Nice,she is pretty good !

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

I think she and my kids have played it more than me, lol.

Thats why you work. lol.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thats why you work. lol.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

WOZ was number 1 for a week or 2 and dropped pretty fast, you will find Metallica will do the same......

i think WoZ was a unique case.

There's WAY more polarized feelings about the game,
And there's FAR fewer people that have even had a chance to play one (especially a production-grade model with current software).

I think WoZ will actually climb back up over time as more get into the wild and people can play it and make an INFORMED opinion (rather than respond to the drama on pinside).

#38 10 years ago

AWESOME! This means that many will be made and therefore many HUO available at affordable prices!

#39 10 years ago

These are pinside ratings, and have no value to the actual community rating of pinball. Its just a rating done by pinside users.

#40 10 years ago

Oh, the pinside ratings on pinside are by pinsiders...thanks for clearing that up.

#41 10 years ago

As each new game supplants MM for one week at a time, the backlash grows less and less. The fall you take after being No. 1 isn't as bad as it was this time last year so the games have a better chance of recovering.

Heck, Tron LE can't even catch the Tron Pro it got blasted by the haters so bad. Met LE/Prem won't fall as much as people think . . . out of the top 20 for sure but not out of the top 75 like Tron LE did.

#42 10 years ago

Right where it belongs (for a few weeks at least)

#43 10 years ago

The rating system has become nothing more than another weapon in the personal battles that pinball has become. Its hard to really know which ratings are legit and which ones are just a hater trying to get in another jab or uppercut. This is the wild and crazy world of pinball today... and its really quite entertaining!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The rating system has become nothing more than another weapon in the personal battles that pinball has become. Its hard to really know which ratings are legit and which ones are just a hater trying to get in another jab or uppercut. This is the wild and crazy world of pinball today... and its really quite entertaining!

Agreed. You gotta read the personal reviews of games and ignore the ratings entirely.

Also, what works best is to find pinsiders who have similar tastes in games to you and go off their ratings. I've figured out pretty well that if Eskabee or Centerflank like a game . . . I'm probably going to like that exact same game so their rankings mean more to me than a couple other pinsiders who seem to have totally different tastes from me.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

Hard to make an arguement against a valid point such as this...

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

This. It's not any different from people voting 1 on movies on IMDB just after seeing a commercial on TV and hating it.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've figured out pretty well that if Eskabee or Centerflank like a game . . . I'm probably going to like that exact same game so their rankings mean more to me than a couple other pinsiders who seem to have totally different tastes from me.

Are you crazy? That dude Eskaybee likes XM and TAF! And he *doesn't* like SM! He's obviously insane.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He's obviously insane.

#49 10 years ago

#1? Not sure about that but played the piss out of a premium the last couple days and it's awesome.
stacking multiballs with the rockin music really puts you in the zone.

Multiballs seemed to repeat pretty often and I wasn't sure what I had to do to reach end of the line, but it's plays fast and fun.

Considering buying one.....
D

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I wasn't sure what I had to do to reach end of the line,

Neither is Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-1-on-top-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.