(Topic ID: 171634)

Metalheads and Punks Unite! Official Club

By Pinball-DOOD

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1283 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1283 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0908 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0824 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0793 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0830 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0979 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0142 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0125 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Megadeth-Late-Night-Seth-Meyers (resized).jpg
    file-3 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 7 years ago

I grew up in the punk scene and dabble in metal. I published one of the bigger punk zines in the 90s and released a couple of NW punk compilation CDs. Punk and pinball have always gone hand in hand for me. I'm mostly into early Aussie, UK and LA punk, Killed By Death stuff, garage punk, local bands and some pop punk stuff before it became to formula (Descendants, Screeching Weasel, early NOFX, Sicko). I don't go to near as many shows as I used to, I've probably gone to over 1,000 shows, but I often hit the big Punk Rock Bowling festival in Vegas.

#39 7 years ago

My leather from back in the late 80s/early 90s.

IMG_2426 (resized).JPGIMG_2426 (resized).JPG

#43 7 years ago

Ha ha ha, that's awesome!

#47 7 years ago

I saw the Casualties a few times, but lots of allegations have come out about the singer with underage girls that make me totally not want to listen them anymore.

This is easily in my top 10 punk albums of all time:

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Anyone here into Bad Brains?

Loved them back in the day, I remember buying their yellow ROIR cassette at Tower Records when I was in highschool and being totally blown away. Saw them once on the I Against I tour in maybe 1987. Crazy as shit pit.

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

saw these guys live and was blown away , ive never seen a drummer hit harder live than this guy.
    » YouTube video

At least one of the guys from Black Breath is an avid pinball player, they are from Seattle, I see him at Shorty's and other pinball bars around town all the time. Someone brought him to a party at my place and he immediately was getting the highest score anyone has ever gotten on my Doctor Who pin.

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

Used to love seeing these guys and D.R.I. , and S.N.F. U. Back in the 80's
    » YouTube video

Me too, Dayglow played Seattle a lot. Also Vandals, DOA, TSOL, Descendants, Circle Jerks, 7 Seconds, The Accused, Christ on a Crutch, NoMeansNo... and later bands like Zeke, Bristle, Sicko, Detestation, The Bloodclots, Spits, etc. -- love West Coast punk.

#167 7 years ago

I saw Soundgarden a lot growing up in Seattle. We used to bowl at the same bowling alley in their early years! They got to arena rock for me later in their career, but I loved their early stuff and that era.

#222 7 years ago
    Quoted from examiner:

To keep this pinball relevant, I'll offer a $250 finders fee to anybody who can hook me up with a Gottlieb Punk machine.
    I must be older than most...to me, punk started with the Velvet Underground, then the Stooges and the NY Dolls, morphed through early Roxy Music, into the London pub rock scene, then kicked it up circa 1976 with the Ramones, Dictators, Television, Dead Boys - finally crossing back over the pond to the Pistols, Buzzcocks, Damned, Adverts, Jam, Clash, Vibrators, Stranglers, etc.
    I was lucky enough to have seen the Pistols on their US self destruction tour, the Clash during their heyday, the Ramones in 300 capacity bars, Costello when he was still angry, and too many others to list/remember.
    And I will say it - West Coast "punk" at the time sucked, with the exception of the Avengers. All of the rest of it was just noisy, screaming thrash posers who couldn't find a good melody if somebody sung it into their ears. There, I said it. Have at me.....

I remember 10 years ago John's Jukes had a Punk pinball machine for sale for like a year for $800 and I just couldn't resign myself to pay that much for an 80s pin at the time. I so wish I had bought it!

And you mention The Avengers, so good! Here's me and singer Penelope Houston all sweaty after a show in 2009.

3912830274_77c3a08cd2_z (resized).jpg3912830274_77c3a08cd2_z (resized).jpg

#223 7 years ago
    1 week later
    #319 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Against Me!, Flogging Molly, and Rancid would be fun. the rest of the bill isn't really my thing.

Killing Joke is great. Refused are really great live. I like some of the more underground/alt metal bands playing like Mastodon, Baroness and Red Fang. But yeah, it's a corporate rock show with only a few glimmers of awesome for punk fans.

#347 7 years ago

Speaking of the Buzzcocks, did anyone catch them on their US tour earlier this year? They were great! I'd seen almost every 70s and 80s punk and I'd wanted to see except them. They played a pretty small club here too:

buzz (resized).jpgbuzz (resized).jpg

#355 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We went to see Stiff Little Fingers about then.

The first two Stiff Little Fingers albums are among my favorite punk albums of all time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metalheads-and-punks-unite-official-club?tu=nwpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.