1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Trying to understand the functional difference in a metal tilt-bob vs. a metal one. Is one or the other much more "conductive" or less sensitive?

Thanks

1 month later
    #4 1 year ago

Do you have an example of each? I wasn’t aware there were different kinds. I buy them in bulk from PBR and use the same parts from my EMs all the way up to DMDs.

#5 1 year ago

The metal one doesn't wear a groove in it like the graphite ones can do after a while.

#6 1 year ago

I thought it might have to do with weight, the graphite ones seem lighter maybe the swing easier and settle faster. The heavier ones would take more effort to get moving but swing longer. Its probably just cost cutting.

#7 1 year ago

The metal one is certainly heavier. I just installed one on my resto BK. It also seems to be more conductive too. Its not playable yet, so cant speak to the difference in senditivity snd performance as of yet.

#8 1 year ago

What kind of bob is PBR selling? Those perform great.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

It also seems to be more conductive too.

Make sure the ring isn't too tarnished which would affect resistance.

#10 1 year ago

I'd say the difference is about $3-5 at Marcos.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside