8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jeffc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

minis_tube.png
    410Qd6akblL._SX425_.jpg
    Coin_Nerd.png
    TimeOut.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I have a plastic tube for holding quarters when playing in tournaments ($10 worth), and the plastic has cracked. I could go out and buy more plastic coin tubes, but I was wondering if anyone produces a metal version of these tubes, preferably with a screw on cap. Does anyone sell such a thing? I've had no luck in the searches I've done over the Internet for such a thing, but I have to think it's been done before. Does anyone have any leads on this? Thanks in advance!

#2 8 years ago

35mm film canisters are close to the size you need, less height.

I'd be looking at junk flashlight bodies.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

Oh man I can just picture this....

TimeOut.jpgTimeOut.jpgCoin Nerd.pngCoin Nerd.png

#4 8 years ago

i looked around.. there are some cool vintage ones for dimes made of metal, but nothing for quarters

https://www.etsy.com/listing/110680272/antique-metal-dime-bank-late-1800s-early

You could buy something like this and shorten it...

ebay.com link: VINTAGE COINS NICKLE QUARTER METAL TUBE BANK WITH LOCK KEY NEVER USED

#6 8 years ago

That's a tube of quarters in my pocket.
    I'm not that happy to see you.

#7 8 years ago

I find prescription pill bottles work very nice for something like this.

#8 8 years ago

Get some mini M&M's, quarters fit perfectly.

minis tube.pngminis tube.png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metal-coin-tubes-for-quarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.