Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by fooflighter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).JPG

#1 38 days ago

Looking to close up an outlane just slightly...Is it acceptable to replace the metal bumper posts which have a 7/16" OD rubber ring with a plastic one that has a slightly larger 3/16" ID? Is there a physics reason behind why the manufacture uses one vs the other in specific spots? The reasoning is I'm trying to close the left outlane slightly on my SW Premium (the plastic post is all the way down, not in the picture below but now it is - smallest outlane opening) but still get a fair share of unfair drains. The metal one just below it which has the smaller ring would be the one I'm looking to swap with a larger plastic one. Are the metal posts where they are because they take more abuse or is it simply based on their size? Thank you very much all. I don't want to use the siamese post trick as it doesn't fit 100% proper.
Capture (resized).JPG

#2 38 days ago

No reason not to try the plastic post. Those types of posts are also made from steel. The plastic should be fine.

#3 37 days ago

Yes, completely acceptable to change posts to anything you want to get the desired effect you want. The manufacturers put what they are currently using for posts in places that they've "percentaged" the machine at - for a desired ball/game time. (Generally 2.5 minutes I understand).

Different skill levels demand different machine setups - it's not fun to play a 10+ minute game of most games if you're unable to drain. I like them difficult.

#4 37 days ago

Thank you much for the info... Normally I wouldn't even consider it... But the left outlane on the Prem/LE SW seems to be slightly unfair than it's pro counterpart with an extra post below the drop target bank... and I've just had too many balls zip into the drain without any ability to nudge save it due to the speed and geometry

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York, NY
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 7.95
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Madison, WI
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
6,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
San Ramon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 119.95
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 218.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 34.50
The MOD Couple
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside