New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 279378)

Metal Bingo Legs - Adding reinforcement

By smohr

7 days ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by baldtwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201009_100823 (resized).jpg
20180731_141549 (resized).jpg

#1 7 days ago

Hi Everyone,

Does everyone add any reinforcement to the metal legs so they do not collapse. I have read at times that they could. I have seen addition angle iron welded to the backside of the legs just below the bolt holes, is this highly recommended?

Also, what do people do to keep it from toppling backwards if it not up against a wall?

thanks
Steve

#2 7 days ago

The legs on my bingo were reinforced at the factory. They LOOK like normal pinball legs but have an entire second layer of steel welded to the inside of the leg for about half the overall length.

As far as standing it on end - I made some wood blocks to place under the void created by the missing head.

Always interested in hearing other ideas, though...

#3 6 days ago

Are we talking about metal legs fabricated by the manufacture or someone else to simulate/replace wooden legs...or ... are we talking about a metal cradle that holds the machine?

Here is an image of the metal cradle that holds my machine taken while restoring.

20180731_141549 (resized).jpg
#4 5 days ago

Thanks for that pic. I was referring to something like this, pic below you can see the additional metal.

Thanks
Steve

20201009_100823 (resized).jpg
#5 5 days ago

Is that a weld seam that forms the line in your image?

If it is, measure the distance from the top of the leg to that weld seam. If these legs came from a cradle, there will a difference in what you measure. Two legs being equal and the other two equal but 1/2 inch difference in the measured length. Did I explain that clearly? The difference in the pairs of legs is what creates the slope in the case and therefore the playfield. That is what I observe in my set up.

Maybe you just have a set of legs that someone tried to reinforce to keep them from spreading. A rod welded between the legs would do just that.

#6 5 days ago

the reinforced legs were factory and helped prevent folding/collapse if you pic up the front of the machine and drag the game on it's back legs. The front legs aren't a problem since there's little weight there.

if you don't drag the game or are at least careful to make sure the rear feet are sliding, then any decently heavy duty legs will support the machine and no bracing between the legs is needed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 55.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,999.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 9.95
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside