Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by PatD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Broken (resized).jpg

#1 70 days ago

On switch 39 (A-11047), the metal actuating wire actually broke off the switch and has it's tip broken as well, so if I did re-attach it to the switch, it's probably going to get stuck in the slot and break off again.

Switch works fine. Anyone find a good wire they can bend to replace the actuating wire? Or do I just need to replace the entire switch to get the wire as well? Trying to avoid $10 in shipping for a $5 part if I can help it.

Broken (resized).jpg

#2 70 days ago

Sometimes you just gotta pay the 15 bucks rather than try to cobble together a repair on a 30-year old part that's never going to be reliable. I'd just get a new switch, as that doesn't seem to be a reasonably repairable part to me. It's about 20 years past its service life.

Surely you can think of some other parts to buy to lessen the sting of that $10 shipping as well.

#3 70 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sometimes you just gotta pay the 15 bucks rather than try to cobble together a repair on a 30-year old part that's never going to be reliable. I'd just get a new switch, as that doesn't seem to be a reasonably repairable part to me. It's about 20 years past its service life.
Surely you can think of some other parts to buy to lessen the sting of that $10 shipping as well.

Nope! I just did a big order of misc parts for good measure! Perfect timing!

3 weeks later
#4 44 days ago

did you snap it off getting the wireform out? just wondering, the first time I tore down a high speed I did.

#5 44 days ago

Nah, I'd never had it out or anything over there apart. I bought a new one (Two, actually) and dealt with the shipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Allen, TX
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside