• Latest reply 4 years ago by PatD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Broken (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

On switch 39 (A-11047), the metal actuating wire actually broke off the switch and has it's tip broken as well, so if I did re-attach it to the switch, it's probably going to get stuck in the slot and break off again.

Switch works fine. Anyone find a good wire they can bend to replace the actuating wire? Or do I just need to replace the entire switch to get the wire as well? Trying to avoid $10 in shipping for a $5 part if I can help it.

Broken (resized).jpgBroken (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Sometimes you just gotta pay the 15 bucks rather than try to cobble together a repair on a 30-year old part that's never going to be reliable. I'd just get a new switch, as that doesn't seem to be a reasonably repairable part to me. It's about 20 years past its service life.

Surely you can think of some other parts to buy to lessen the sting of that $10 shipping as well.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sometimes you just gotta pay the 15 bucks rather than try to cobble together a repair on a 30-year old part that's never going to be reliable. I'd just get a new switch, as that doesn't seem to be a reasonably repairable part to me. It's about 20 years past its service life.
Surely you can think of some other parts to buy to lessen the sting of that $10 shipping as well.

Nope! I just did a big order of misc parts for good measure! Perfect timing!

3 weeks later
#4 4 years ago

did you snap it off getting the wireform out? just wondering, the first time I tore down a high speed I did.

#5 4 years ago

Nah, I'd never had it out or anything over there apart. I bought a new one (Two, actually) and dealt with the shipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metal-actuator-from-high-speed-hide-out-switch-broken?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.