(Topic ID: 226015)

MET won’t start a game

By Jimmyhonda

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello, my MET pro will turn on, but when I start a game, it doesn’t kick out a ball? The sound and lights all work? Please help. Thank you.

#2 5 years ago

Does the trough kicker fire in coil test?

#3 5 years ago

No. It does not.

#4 5 years ago

I would check for a blown fuse. Take out the translite and close the coin door. There are red LEDs on the power driver board that correspond to each working fuse. Please take a look and see if there’s any fuses that do not have a corresponding lit red LED.

#5 5 years ago

Starting from the beginning, I was hooking up an extra flasher at the sparky flasher connection beneath the playfield. I must have had it touching metal or something? So, fuse f10 was blown. I changed the fuse and everything seems to be working. However, the sparky flashers now stay on all the time? And boy do they get hot if I keep the machine on. I have no clue what to do from here? Please help. Thank you.

#6 5 years ago

You have damaged something on the driver board. It’s likely the transistor that controls the sparky flasher. You should remove the bulb for now, otherwise you’ll melt something. You can probably play the game with the bulb removed without issue.

Unless you’re skilled at PCB repair, I would have the board sent out for repair by a knowledgeable tech. I would recommend Clive at Coin Op Cauldron, ChrisHibler or Borygard who both actively post here are all great and are worrying seeking for expert help.

Good luck.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Starting from the beginning, I was hooking up an extra flasher at the sparky flasher connection beneath the playfield. I must have had it touching metal or something? So, fuse f10 was blown. I changed the fuse and everything seems to be working. However, the sparky flashers now stay on all the time? And boy do they get hot if I keep the machine on. I have no clue what to do from here? Please help. Thank you.

You blew the transistor that controls the flashers.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks everyone. I think it’s probably a transistor. You have all been great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-wont-start-a-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.