Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by vwallat99
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jahkub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

While working on a full sound/music mod for Metallica I decided to modify ALL of the callouts to sound more "metal".
Besides the tedious task of exporting/importing, the process was to stretch each sample by 2, pitch down ~40%, change the tempo back to the original length, then compress to a decent level.

Here's a short video with the modified sounds. (NSFW: Naughty words)

What do y'all think?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How could you not like James’ call outs!

I didn't say I didn't like them, it was just much more appropriate to not have their normal voices for the project I did.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Cool idea if that’s the vibe you’re looking for.
Personally I think it’s super cool that the entire band cared enough to do all the call outs themselves, and their personalities and distinct voices are a huge part of a very complete package.
Hard pass for me, but I’m sure people would be into it and be stoked if you made a custom rom and shared it!

I agree, they did a great job on it. I had fun going through all the samples they did, especially the unused ones near the end of sound requests. This originally wasn't meant to be just a mod of the call outs but I wanted to see if anyone might find it useful or interesting for their own modding purposes.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I love the callouts on this game *except* those of Sparky. He is one annoying critter! They come courtesy of a musician, apparently - the same one who contributes guitar work on BK3. I remember using Pinball Browser to laboriously remove all the Sparky callouts and to make song substitutions. I learned a lot. As to your down-pitch, robot-voice revision, I would agree with other respondents here that there is no benefit to be had from changing the voices of the band members. I mean, MET is rare that way. I wouldn't dare alter/omit a single line. Still, props to you for doing all that work and becoming a real expert with PB and SAM.

The Sparky call outs are part of the reason I did this, I kind of like how he's now sort of creepy rather than just annoying.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What in the unholy living hell did you do lol!! Can't fault the dedication though..

It gets worse.

This was the terrible idea that made me do this in the first place. The VM made prototyping really quick.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm not a big fan of Sparky's voice. One of the reasons I sold Aerosmith. Couldn't stand that voice anymore. If you altered the Sparky voice and kept the band voices the same that would be cool.

I'll look into that. I think that voice in particular could go down another octave or so. I'm not totally happy where the batched out processing left that voice.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I also am not a fan of Sparky's voice. Me and some close friends decided it would be cool to have all of his callouts voiced by a friend of mine. There is alot more time that goes into this then I originally thought. But totally worth hearing my buddy get zapped to hell by the electric chair and its good easter egg for people that know him when they play my game.

That sounds super fun, and yeah, a ton of work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jahkub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-sound-mod-modified-callouts?tu=Jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.