image-214.jpg
image.jpg
photo 3.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 5.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Bought one snake head and sling plastics,cool mod's

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Any updates if the heads are the same on the LE's?
I'd like to order this but would like some reassurance your mod will work.
Thanks

From what I have looked up it is the same. If it does not work I will refund you.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

From what I have looked up it is the same. If it does not work I will refund you.

Thanks. Money sent.

#54 10 years ago

Might paint a couple snakes with alternate colors.. Hmmmm

#55 10 years ago

+1 on the yellow eye leds

Problem with changing the color of the head means you'd have to keep it fairly close to original or change the bottom jaw as well.

#56 10 years ago

Looking to order, does the pack come with Fangs or should I wait for them to be a separate item?

Shipping to Australia so would rather wait than pay double shipping

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from OnTilt:

+1 on the yellow eye leds
Problem with changing the color of the head means you'd have to keep it fairly close to original or change the bottom jaw as well.

I though about that, I would keep the green but also maybe ad some red or black to it. Ill do a little research on venomous snakes and get back to ya.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from JimBoSS:

Looking to order, does the pack come with Fangs or should I wait for them to be a separate item?
Shipping to Australia so would rather wait than pay double shipping

I'm sending out some rubber fangs with the head that can be trimmed to you liking.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I'm sending out some rubber fangs with the head that can be trimmed to you liking.

Awesome, Just ordered one.

Can't wait!

#60 10 years ago

[attachment=1245094,undefined]

should be shipping tomorrow..

[attachment=1245094,]
#61 10 years ago

photo (1).JPGphoto (1).JPG

#62 10 years ago

Very cool. Looking forward to getting mine.

#63 10 years ago

I have a Premium Met on my showroom floor and a Pro. Can I be of help on the snake heads to you?

JJ

#64 10 years ago

Iamdarras, Have you ever considered lighting Sparky's eyes or helmet outline when he gets fried? Would be cool.

1 week later
#65 10 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Iamdarras, Have you ever considered lighting Sparky's eyes or helmet outline when he gets fried? Would be cool.

I might consider this in the near future

#66 10 years ago

I got some of the yellow LEDs in today... I'm liking the yellow

image.jpgimage.jpg
#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Looks bad asssssssss... I don't want to mod up my LE too much, but this is hard to resist.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

image.jpg 54 KB

I like both red and yellow. How hard is it to switch back forth. How much to include both in orders?

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I like both red and yellow. How hard is it to switch back forth. How much to include both in orders?

It would have to be two different heads. Its about a 10 minute job.

1 week later
#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Installing it I thought was pretty simple
Take one screw out of the plastic behind the snake and swivel it back
Take the top screw out of the snake and the one behind its head
Pull the snake head off. The front is snug but you can wiggle it back and fourth and it comes off.
Run the wire on the new head down through thw playfield.
Put the new head on with screws and the one you remove off the plastic.
Pick up the playfield and attach the wires
I'll have picture to go along with more details
It's about a 15 minute job if even

I got my led snake while i was away for thanksgiving. Working on test fitting it and installing today. But i had a difference than the instructions above.

To remove my factory head there were 3 screws. 1 down through the top of the head, one into the back of the head under the plastic, and another inside the roof of the mouth.

The one in the mouth wasnt listed, and the new snake head doesnt have the nut in it to recieve the screw.

Did you mount the snake head with only the two screws? Or should i have pulled the nut out of the exiting snake head to install in the new one?

#72 10 years ago

I combined Iamdarras' snake head with red LEDs and Tmezel's snake fangs and I'm pretty happy with the results

I ended up removing 3 screws (top of head, back of head, and inside the roof of the mouth).
But, I only replaced the one on the top and it keeps the head firmly attached.
Tmezel's fangs are designed to hook on the spacer that is inside the roof of the mouth. Since I didn't put that back in place, I just ended up hot gluing the fangs to the inside of Iamdarras' snake head.
BE CAREFUL. The hot glue will melt the fang material. So you have to go slow and let it cool then go again.

I think it came out good. And my snake no longer has one tooth smile!!

Best of all I was able to keep my stock snake intact and can easily get back to factory if I decide to.
20131201_150455.jpg20131201_150455.jpg

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I combined Iamdarras' snake head with red LEDs and Tmezel's snake fangs and I'm pretty happy with the results
I ended up removing 3 screws (top of head, back of head, and inside the roof of the mouth).
Tmezel's fangs are designed to hook on the spacer that is inside the roof of the mouth. Since I didn't put that back in place, I just ended up hot gluing the fangs to the inside of Iamdarras' snake head.
BE CAREFUL. The hot glue will melt the fang material. So you have to go slow and let it cool then go again.
Best of all I was able to keep my stock snake intact and can easily get back to factory if I decide to.

I just did the same thing,only put the top screw in.
It is tight. nice fit,looks cool.

20131201_150455.jpg 249 KB

#74 10 years ago

looks great guys !! thanks again

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

looks great guys !! thanks again

Thanks for making a great mod!

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

20131201_150455.jpg 249 KB

I'm confused. Why did you not use the spacer? Was it because it doesn't work with the replacement head? I'd really prefer not having to superglue the fangs on.

#77 10 years ago

Spacer is glued the bottom of the snake head.
I didn't want to break it off removing it.
Works fine without it on mine.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Spacer is glued the bottom of the snake head.
I didn't want to break it off removing it.
Works fine without it on mine.

I'm confused. What spacer are you speaking of ?

#79 10 years ago

The screw in the roof of the snakes head goes up through a plastic spacer and into a metal nut that is embedded into the stock snakes head on my pro. The new head didnt have this embedded nut, so i couldnt replace the screw up through the roof of the snake mouth. Without the screw the spacer was just loose in there and wouldn't hold the fangs secruely. So i just kept all that together with my stock head.

I didnt mean to make it a big deal. I think it works just fine without the screw and spacer. Just some hot glue and the fangs stuck right to the head.

I think both mods work fine together. Good job guys!

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

The screw in the roof of the snakes head goes up through a plastic spacer and into a metal nut that is embedded into the stock snakes head on my pro. The new head didnt have this embedded nut, so i couldnt replace the screw up through the roof of the snake mouth. Without the screw the spacer was just loose in there and wouldn't hold the fangs secruely. So i just kept all that together with my stock head.
I didnt mean to make it a big deal. I think it works just fine without the screw and spacer. Just some hot glue and the fangs stuck right to the head.
I think both mods work fine together. Good job guys!

ok no worries..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 26.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-snake-eyes-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.