• MET Pro - Pre-owned 32 votes
    26%
  • MET Pro - NIB 26 votes
    21%
  • MET Premium - Pre-owned 40 votes
    33%
  • MET Premium - NIB 25 votes
    20%

(Multiple choice - 123 votes by 118 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MetLE.jpg
image-257.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider McSirTuna.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So, now that I've gotten a Tron, I am contemplating what my next pin will be. I've always enjoyed MET and obviously with the newer code, I'm glad to see there is more depth available.

I've played both the Pro and LE on route quite a bit. At first I really didn't see a need for the extras of the LE/Premium, but lately I think I've warmed up to them a bit more. Now that MET has been out awhile, I'm interested to see how others who own them may think towards the premium vs the pro. I do like the art package on the monsters premium.

In addition, I'm also torn a bit between nib or not. Doesn't seem like there is a lot of ppl selling their MET ever since the update, and the ones I've seen posted don't seem to be much less than NIB. Any advice here? I've never done a NIB before and wouldn't be against the extra but of cost for the experience.

I'd need to sell / trade one out before this can happen, but I'd rather know what I want before I end up in a position where I could second guess myself.

#6 10 years ago

Never noticed the premium having dimming effects (but not a surprise playing it on route). Is this something that it does only with incandesents? Can't remember if the premium is LED'd everywhere or not.

The lighting upgrade to the color changing is something that helps persuade me one way for sure.

Aurich - would you say the dimming is something that would need an OCD board for it? I am pleased with the results of it for my Tron and just ordered one for my JM too.

#14 10 years ago

I added a poll which can allow for multiple answers. As Moto_cat says, I would have the skrill for a premium if it were my choice (given I sell one to add to the fund).

I am trying to stay at 7 total nowadays as it keeps them out of the garage. So, extra money won't be able to get me another unless I sell another anyways. (At least until I buy one and it goes back in the garage - again).

As for the premium, are the LEDs the kind built into the board like in ACDC, or are they socketed?

#24 10 years ago

Thanks for all the great advice. I like that I'm seeing good points from both sides. I didn't realize the Premium used LED boards vs sockets. I do enjoy the ability for lighting customization. But it does seem that there isn't an inferior choice here as well.

Any additional input on the NIB vs pre-owned? I'm sure when the time is right a WTB ad may pull out some offers, but I haven't really seen a lot being listed since the code update. Any that did come up seemed like they would be not far from NIB cost and makes me question if it's time for my first NIB. Seems like I mostly see NIB LE's getting posted now, but I already know I won't require an LE if I go the premium route.

#25 10 years ago

Ezeltmann - that's a good point especially since it's something that isn't normally noted / listed. Any points are appreciated. I also assume that making that modification is easier to do for some, or easier when you know how to do it. I'd guess there are instructional threads on this from back when the game released.

#27 10 years ago

I would no problem with fixing issues, especially if they are provided by stern or the distributor. Having the game already "tuned" is a benefit of getting one pre-owned for sure. It may come down to what's available when I'm ready and if nothing is out there, NIB may be the best option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 25.50
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider McSirTuna.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-vs-premium-advice?tu=McSirTuna and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.