Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6210 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 2 years ago

MET is a really good game, but LOTR is the benchmark for me. I love the Dungeons and Dragons style theme, the deep ruleset, the challenge of the modes and MBs, the theme integration and the custom call out work. Much like STTNG, it is about a complete a pinball package as you can get. Yes, game times can be longer, but I have to laugh every time I see people write about their average 45 minute games. The exaggeration level with game times on LOTRs is off the charts. A couple people say game times are long and suddenly everyone is outdoing each other going from average 20 minute games to 30 minute and 45 minute games. Now sure a multiplayer game on LOTR with 3-4 people who know what they are doing can be incredibly long, but if you really are playing close to that long on an average single player game, I don't think your game is setup correctly. Don't play 5 ball and/or with EBs awarded for specials and points, don't have the outlanes closed up and don't use stronger flipper coils. I play on factory settings with factory coils. I've gotten to Valinor once and my average game times are nowhere near that. The time I did get to Valinor it did take about 50 minutes though, so it does take time to actually get through the game, but that is the exception and not the rule on my LOTR. My LOTR can be very cruel and the tilt is definitely there so I can't throw it all over the place to make drain saves.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Marietta, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside