6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

94ac144cc614f8525acfac931e6e79252b6033f6 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mfsrc791.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I know this has been covered alot as far as the differences go, but I found 2 nib Metallica's. One pro and one pro led. There is a 300 dollar difference. Is it worth saving the money and buying original and installing my own leds?

Also, what is the build quality between the two? Are both Playfields made by the same company? Thanks in advance.

#2 6 years ago

Any input?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I had the original edition and besides shit coil stops (the 'gold dust' prospectors used to call it), it was solid. It also allowed me to only LED the inserts and it looked great.
Let's face it, you pretty much have to get a color DMD for it right off that bat so there's 4 hundy.

Ya I figured the color dmd is a must. There is also a used original run one with some mods for another 300 less than that. Figured it's worth getting the nib original and adding my own leds.

Also, do the LEDs ghost or flicker in the original?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not much that I could tell. I think there was one or two inserts were if you really looked you might see a faint light...but well within parameters for me.

Sounds like the original is worth it. I was mostly just concerned with the quality of Stern's new machines.

#17 6 years ago

Just confirmed with distributor and all I need to do is send in the dough. Going with original. Thanks for everyones input. Don't need the stress of worrying about cracked clear coat.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Depends on the year of the new one? I actually perfer the led pro as it had all the fixes applied and has the tilted back speaker panal with artwork. 2015 and prior were usually ok. I had both at the same time and the original had some insert wear with 500 plays and the led one with 1200 plays looks new. Regardless its a,great pin so enjoy....

Idk the year. I was surprised that I found someone who still had an original nib for sale. Figured the only ones I would see were the pro led, and MSRP of 6k. Worth it to shop around

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

6k? Sld be able to get one at 5k or little less .

For an led pro?

#26 6 years ago

What about 5400 shipped pro led? Are you guys including shipping?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea sterns always include shipping. Thats crazy if they are charging 5400 for a pin that sold for 4200 when it first came out. .....

I just don't understand where you find these sub 5000 Metallicas. Used ones are 5k maybe less. Led ones on pinside are low 5s used.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

4 yrs ago they were cheaper. The LEs sold for what the new premiums are now...

So the distributors just went up in their prices too even though it's an earlier stern?

#34 6 years ago

Well I guess I gotta pay to play! It's easier if I don't think about the money and just enjoy the game. I will probably be keeping this a while so it's worth the few hundred dollars loss.

When I bought my first machine I thought it was 3500 dollars that I will never get back until it dawned on me that you can usually sell a game in a few weeks or days If it's priced Right. I love pinball

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

$5100 shipped to your front door for Met Pro LED. Call some of the distributors mentioned all the time here.
For what it's worth, I have a Met Pro LED made in May (I believe) of this year. After over 300 plays the clear looks really good, I have a minor chip in the shooter lane, and the cabinet is perfect. I bought the Williams leg brackets, but haven't installed them, because the cabinet has no issues.

So I messed up. I found one for 5100 and thought that was original run since it didn't say led pro on website. So the one I'm ordering for 5100 is not an original run but an led.

Thanks to you I called around and found another for 5100 and that led me to finding out that there never was an original met pro to be had. Haha this whole thread about compareing the two was a waste. O well, can't wait to play!!

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Met Pro LED and loving it.
LED OCD'd so less epilepsy, colordmd'd so I can actually make out what those fantastic dots are supposed to be, and a shaker as icing on the cake.

How is Playfield quality? Any ghosting or crackling inserts? Probably going to get cliffys day 1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mfsrc791.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-vs-led-pro-quality?tu=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.