Topic poll

“Which pin is more fun to play and would end up in my collection”

• Metallica Pro 41 votes
    76%
  • Game of Thrones Premium 13 votes
    24%

(54 votes)

#1 7 years ago

So I've really been set on buying a MET Pro soon, still think I'll end up doing it but GOT Premium keeps getting into my thoughts again! I've played both pins quite a bit on several occasions, I like them both. Just curious to see others opinions in the poll, this is strictly based on how fun you think the game is, not price. Not a big fan of the hammer on MET Prem, I like the Pro more. I like GOT Prem more than the Pro. I'd like to hear some feedback on those who have played both pins a lot. Got the wife and kids to please also, fortunately they like both pins.

#2 7 years ago

I have a met premium and got premium, I love both. Each suit different needs depending on my mood. Met is a fast fun adrenaline pumping game, got is a thought intensive marathon. I can't recommend either over the other, both are fantastic

#3 7 years ago

It seemed like GOT Prem would be one you'd have to own to really get into the rules. I was pretty lost when I played it. MET Pro on the other hand was easy to start learning what to do, I know it's probably deeper than what I experienced but I like the simplicity - knock down inline drops, spell metallica, get the fuel meter up etc...

#4 7 years ago

Metallica not even close.

#5 7 years ago

Both is the only correct answer. 2 of the horsemen, pick either. No worries.

#6 7 years ago

MET pro in a landslide

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

MET pro in a landslide

Either is a fairly easy sell if one doesn't dig the gameplay. They aren't going to lose a bunch off their purchase price.

#8 7 years ago

GOT pro

#9 7 years ago

MET with zero hesitation.

#10 7 years ago

Have both. Love both. GOT gets played more, but you'll save a nice chunk of change with the Met Pro.

#11 7 years ago

MET is Awesome

#12 7 years ago

Very different games so you are likely to get strong opinions on both sides but I have both and got both about 6 months ago within a couple weeks of each other. I agree you can't go wrong either way. Met pro is cheaper and looks better but may catch up once mods are added. GoT has a deeper rule set. I've played GoT more during the time I've had them but really enjoy Met also.

#13 7 years ago

Just curious why not MET Premium vs GOT Premium. Do you not like a feature(s) on the MET Premium? Is the GOT Premium cheaper then the MET Premium? Limited play on both machines here but I really like MET from the start when I played it at Pin-a-go-go. GOT pro was ok but I have never seen the show and from what I have read it takes a bit to warm up to the title and then is fantastic. I will definitely give it more play time.

#14 7 years ago

He mentioned in the original post that he isn't a fan of the hammer which is why he is considering the Met pro over the prem.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Either is a fairly easy sell if one doesn't dig the gameplay. They aren't going to lose a bunch off their purchase price.

Maybe. But for me, GOT Premium took longer to sell than any other pin that I have ever put on the market. Had to keep lowering the price before getting it sold.

I think a MET pro would be far easier to sell than a GOT premium

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

He mentioned in the original post that he isn't a fan of the hammer which is why he is considering the Met pro over the prem.

If he thinks the hammer sucks on Met Premium wait till he shoots the left orbit on GOT Premium.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

If he thinks the hammer sucks on Met Premium wait till he shoots the left orbit on GOT Premium.

Stern "fixed" that issue.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Stern "fixed" that issue.

Oh yeah....Lets take flow out of the King of Flow's game. LOL

#19 7 years ago

Any metallica machine with no questions asked. Not even close.
Unless you really like the got show, then its still metallica.

#20 7 years ago

Met pro is super fun, and I don't miss the hammer or snake jaws etc. It's just fantastic. 2 years ago, I was on the fence between IM and Metallica and was not sure which Metallica was better pro or premium. In the end I bought the IMVE. But my thoughts of Met were still there. I got a great deal on the pro and bought it thinking that if I didn't love it, I could re-sell it at the same price. But turns out that Metallica is now my favorite or one of my favorite games of all time.

I didn't play a lot on GOT premium, but I didn't really understand the rules, I'm sure they will become more evident what to do if you own the game. But I really didn't care for the upper PF or the ball diverters and up kickers. I think Met pro is more simple and as a result it's all there in front of you. Sometimes simplicity is good.

Einstein said: Everything should be made as simple as possible but not simpler.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Just curious why not MET Premium vs GOT Premium. Do you not like a feature(s) on the MET Premium? Is the GOT Premium cheaper then the MET Premium? Limited play on both machines here but I really like MET from the start when I played it at Pin-a-go-go. GOT pro was ok but I have never seen the show and from what I have read it takes a bit to warm up to the title and then is fantastic. I will definitely give it more play time.

Met pro and premium are very similar pins where GOT pro and premium are not so much. Plus 2k more for met premium doesn't appeal to me much with what you are getting extra. You gotta really love that hammer I guess.

#22 7 years ago

I have them both... I think I would take the GOT LE...

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Met pro and premium are very similar pins where GOT pro and premium are not so much. Plus 2k more for met premium doesn't appeal to me much with what you are getting extra. You gotta really love that hammer I guess.

The hammer is only one feature and not one of the things that made a pro not worth it to me.

Color changing Inserts
Game controlled colored GI
Moving snake jaw
Spinners (properly coded into the game code)

These are all major improvements over the Pro. That and the LE and road case artwork look better then the Pro cabinet.

#24 7 years ago

Opinions are only that....so only you know what is right for you. But since you asked......
I have Met premium....chose it over the pro for the LEDs, spinners, snake, cross, and I like the hammer. Keep in mind that when I got mine early on there was no LED pro. Game never gets old and is still is just as fun as when I got it in 2013.

I play in a league and this last season we had a GOT LE for most of the season.....we had several top players that could score in the billions consistently during league play.......I don't think we had anyone hit over 400 million on Metallica in league play.....the point is GOT is EASY once you learn the rules.....Metallica is a grind to get to EOTL.....so much to do and never gets old. Can't go wrong with Metallica IMO.

#25 7 years ago

∆∆∆ What he said.
Metallica Premium is one of the best pins money can buy. So much fun, so much to do, it never gets old.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

....Metallica is a grind

This pretty much sums up Metallica. If you want a grind, get Metallica. If you want fun, get game of thrones.

FWIW; I'm not dogging Metallica, in fact considering one myself. But I'm also in the boat that finds GOT Pro more satisfying and fun than GOT PREM so what do I know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-vs-got-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.