(116 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

867-geneSparky1 (resized).jpg
1clownSparky-Feb16'17 (resized).jpg
IMG_1769 (resized).JPG
IMG_3373 (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

So I think I've nearly convinced my Wife to let me buy a NIB game. Just trying to decide which one to get. I think both games are great just want to hear others opinions on these two.

#2 7 years ago

Metallica; easier setup, easier maintenance, better gameplay, better code.

#3 7 years ago

Metallica today, tomorrow, and next week. No comparison.

#4 7 years ago

Metallica

#5 7 years ago

Young kids in the house, GB otherwise MET. Small edge to MET.

#6 7 years ago

MET by 2 miles. It's like comparing Apples to Durean

#7 7 years ago

MET comes, sees and kicks Ghostbusters ass.

#8 7 years ago

Not even close. Gb pro has no chance here. If you look at GB, I'd suggest only consider the premium. Metallica regardless of model is hard to beat.

#9 7 years ago

I've got a 2 year old little guy. But I assume it has a family mode. Or he will just have to play our Fish Tales

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I've got a 2 year old little guy. But I assume it has a family mode. Or he will just have to play our Fish Tales

Metallica does have a family mode but it still may be too risque for some families. It basically just bleeps out the swear words. As far as which game is better that's a tough choice. The software/rules on Metallica are better but I like the layout/theme/sounds of GB better. I would probably lean more towards GB. I like that GB has color changing LED's and a spinner on the Pro and better sound system due to Spike. GB is really just a code update away from being great in the code Dept. I will say though if you are buying the game for your family and novices to play that Metallica would probably be the better choice. if you aren't a decent player it is tough to get multiball or even modes going on GB vs. Metallica which is basically just shoot anything a bunch to start multiball.

#11 7 years ago

Had them both. GB is more fun overall game if setup right. Put Dr. Dude flippers on GB and outlane plastics and the game shines. MET is good and has its adrenaline moments but GB is better sounding, better playing when setup right, and a better overall theme. MET music i never felt matched pinball action and really only liked For Whom the Bell told.

Side note on kids with both titles. i have 6 and 2 yr old boys and the 6 yr old hated MET and loved GB and my 2 yr old loved Sparky and would walk around with a battery and act like he was getting shocked like Sparky. Have a Spider man here now and they both dislike it.

#12 7 years ago

I'm sure I'd be happy with either one. Just wanted to get some feedback from others. I think the theme of GB is awesome and the light show is pretty good. But Metallica looks great and is complete already. I just bought tickets to see Metallica in Detroit the other day so I've been pretty pumped about that and I'm sure it's carrying over in my pin buying decisions

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I'm sure I'd be happy with either one. Just wanted to get some feedback from others. I think the theme of GB is awesome and the light show is pretty good. But Metallica looks great and is complete already. I just bought tickets to see Metallica in Detroit the other day so I've been pretty pumped about that and I'm sure it's carrying over in my pin buying decisions

Go Metallica. The theme is better suited for a 2 year old in all honesty. There is a family setting and any kind of music style theme trumps ghosts and scary creatures with 2 year olds. Teaching your kid who and what Metallica are should be standard in any family home, fact

Plus there's radio attract mode and your little guy will have fun just being able to change the dials selecting songs.

#14 7 years ago

How exactly do you activate the radio attract mode I have been trying to do it but I can't figure it out.

#15 7 years ago

I love my Ghostbusters but Metallica is hands down one of the greatest games Stern has ever made. Easy choice.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

How exactly do you activate the radio attract mode I have been trying to do it but I can't figure it out.

Pretty sure there's a setting in feature adjustments you have to enable. From there i forgot lol. I think its hold both flipper buttons down? or one or the other? I also could be mistaken, maybe only ACDC had this feature? Thought my metallica had it when i owned it.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think its hold both flipper buttons down? or one or the other?

yeah, you just hold both flipper button in attrack mode until it pops up.

#18 7 years ago

Alright I will try that tonight thanks

#19 7 years ago

Ghostbusters for sure, way more fun.

#20 7 years ago

Own both and met is better.

#21 7 years ago

It's a matter of preference. They are both great, fun games. I like Met better. Some like GB better, and that's ok. Decide based on what YOU like better.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#22 7 years ago

If I could I would buy both but Metallica first.

Gb in a year or maybe 2017 Christmas setup .

#23 7 years ago

I would go with the MET Pro, it plays much better than any GB including the LE in the picture. I have modified my MET Pro over the years and it is still my favorite pin to play.

IMG_3373 (resized).JPGIMG_3373 (resized).JPG

#24 7 years ago

I would love to get both but I know the wife isn't gonna go for that. I'm leaning towards the Met. I saw a guy in Australia made an ultimate light kit add on that looks awesome. If I do buy one that will be my first upgrade

#25 7 years ago

I'm the outlier here. Love both machines but for me I enjoy playing gb more. Code is better on Metallica but I like completing the modes on gb and trying to get to mass hysteria multiball more so than just hitting a certain number of shots for snake, captive, sparky, etc. Can't lose with either and they actually compliment each other nicely.

#26 7 years ago

It's pinside. Met is going to crush the poll no matter what. I've played both machines and had the same dilemma. I chose GB. I had more fun playing that pin and the current code is good. Met was okay. Wouldn't say no to eventually adding it to my line-up. Felt it was a little overrated a bit after reading reviews first. It's still a nice pin. You can't go wrong either way.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I would love to get both but I know the wife isn't gonna go for that. I'm leaning towards the Met. I saw a guy in Australia made an ultimate light kit add on that looks awesome. If I do buy one that will be my first upgrade

The total light show is my favorite mod and adds so much to the game ...highly recommended

#28 7 years ago

Was the kit fairly easy to install?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Was the kit fairly easy to install?

I thought so and i believe its gotten even eaiser with the newer version and instructions....

#30 7 years ago

I have to give a slight advantage to GB... while I enjoy Met, I think GB is more fun (plus I love ACDC from the music pin selection)

#31 7 years ago

Not even close Metallica by a mile

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Not even close Metallica by a mile

+1

Hell yeah!

#33 7 years ago

I could be wrong, but I bet it is "MET by a mile!" with a lot of the MET voters and "it was real close, but I choose GB" with a lot of the GB voters.

#34 7 years ago

Biggest difference is in the code;
Ghostbusters is well very lame and linear
And
Metallica code is well just amazing

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Young kids in the house, GB otherwise MET. Small edge to MET.

My kids play metallica all the time. In about 3 weeks they've put more games on our met pro than the woz we owned for 6 months. Met really has a "one more game" feel.

#36 7 years ago

Met....

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Biggest difference is in the code;
Ghostbusters is well very lame and linear
And
Metallica code is well just amazing

Not even just that.... met just plays very well and is fast and flowing with very smooth shots....gb. not so much unfortunately

#38 7 years ago

OP, your little guy will love Metallica. Mine sure does

IMG_1769 (resized).JPGIMG_1769 (resized).JPG

#39 7 years ago

I can tell you from experience that young kids love to bash the sparky toy, it never gets old for them.

#40 7 years ago

Metallica

#41 7 years ago

... not to mention, you get to custom paint your sparky! I've just completed by 6th custom painted sparky ... gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire!

1clownSparky-Feb16'17 (resized).jpg1clownSparky-Feb16'17 (resized).jpg

867-geneSparky1 (resized).jpg867-geneSparky1 (resized).jpg

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

My kids play metallica all the time. In about 3 weeks they've put more games on our met pro than the woz we owned for 6 months. Met really has a "one more game" feel.

Yes, it's fun. Kids do like it. I just don't think it's as "G" rated. GB has market ties into a younger age than Metallica.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-vs-gb-pro?hl=gravity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.