IMG_9427 (resized).jpg
20211218_222857.jpg
PXL_20210811_051345299 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_051227637 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_050938425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_051048378 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210808_173026771~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210808_171325427~2 (resized).jpg

There are 337 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 1 year ago

I don’t think there is one on the pro - just start the multiball and that should tell you if it’s working

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is there a diagnostic check to see if the cross motor will go up, or is that only when multiball starts?

Also when the game powers on. It will go up about halfway then slowly go down.

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is there a diagnostic check to see if the cross motor will go up, or is that only when multiball starts?

I just started a game, grabbed a ball, and rolled it into the graveyard until it would start multi-ball. I'm not sure if there's a better way?

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from Bacondaddy:

I just started a game, grabbed a ball, and rolled it into the graveyard until it would start multi-ball. I'm not sure if there's a better way?

trying to see it go up with the pf up. The cross wont go up... It does it's initial half up then down, most the time, but it only went up once....never since.

EDIT:
Seems like my motor doesn't like working..... I'll hit up rob

2 weeks later
#305 1 year ago

Hey, is this available for purchase yet?

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from Ampsquare:

Contact the OP and he can add you to the list. He's working through in batches.

Edit:
Ooops, nope!
See below.

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from Ampsquare:

Not quite. I still have some things to wrap up with the last of the pre-orders. Hopefully will be ready by end of the month. I am not managing any more order lists.
Simply sign up for in stock notifications https://www.robtune.com/product/metallica-pro-rising-cross/

1 month later
#308 1 year ago

so anxious for this to be available. Hope all is well

1 week later
#309 11 months ago

Ended up having to add the third screw (that wasn't aligned with the initial hole - had to tap a new one) to tilt the thing forward just enough that it didn't hit the plastic in the back (pictures shown on where i was hitting) and cut a few more zip ties than anticipated but overall it went in fairly well. Anyone hate the flasher now that was behind the stationary cross? It's bright as hell. Anyone change the color or completely unplug it?

20230328_104413 (resized).jpg20230328_104413 (resized).jpg20230328_104710 (resized).jpg20230328_104710 (resized).jpg20230328_104712 (resized).jpg20230328_104712 (resized).jpg

#310 11 months ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Ended up having to add the third screw (that wasn't aligned with the initial hole - had to tap a new one) to tilt the thing forward just enough that it didn't hit the plastic in the bak(pictures shown on where i was hitting) and cut a few more zip ties than anticipated but overall it went in fairly well. Anyone hate the flasher now that was behind the stationary cross? It's bright as hell. Anyone change the color or completely unplug it
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mikespins had the idea of getting a couple of flex flashers from comet pinball, and pointing them backwards, still super bright. Works perfectly ! No more flashing in your eyes !

#311 11 months ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Mikespins had the idea of getting a couple of flex flashers from comet pinball, and pointing them backwards, still super bright. Works perfectly ! No more flashing in your eyes !

Got a link to what you used? Always like links to success then poking and experimenting

#313 11 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

so anxious for this to be available. Hope all is well

All is well. I have been replacing batch2 kits for those who requested updated versions to address the additional jittering. I also have been reviewing a couple reported failures to understand if I needed to make changes before completely releasing to the wolves.

Quoted from tommyp:

Ended up having to add the third screw (that wasn't aligned with the initial hole - had to tap a new one) to tilt the thing forward just enough that it didn't hit the plastic in the back (pictures shown on where i was hitting) and cut a few more zip ties than anticipated but overall it went in fairly well. Anyone hate the flasher now that was behind the stationary cross? It's bright as hell. Anyone change the color or completely unplug it?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There are two things that stand out about your install that seems strange.
1) On my game (later run LED version) the plastic cutout is larger than the PF cutout. From your picture, it looks your plastic cutout is smaller, or is shifted forward quite a bit. My only guess is that perhaps, you have an early run game that they updated the plastic piece. A premium model with that plastic would have the same issue. I think that's why you had slight interference.
2) The main mount should sit flush with the underside of the playfield with just the two outside mount screws. Yours seems to sit at a slight angle that causes the cross to not be perpendicular to the cutout. I wonder if their is something between the mount tab and the playfield wood that is preventing a flush mount? The bottom of my PF is splattered with clear coat, maybe something like that. I am glad you figured a workaround to straightening it up by using the third mount point. I originally put that there thinking the mech wouldn't be stable with only the two side mounts, but found it was plenty secure to not need the third.

The flasher....yes the flasher. I think I have just burned out that area of my vision so it doesn't bother me anymore. I have not bothered to pay attention what the Prem owners have done as they would have exactly the same problem. I thought about designing a shield to go in front, but it has not been a priority.

Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Yeah, that would be a good workaround.

4 weeks later
#314 10 months ago

All is well. I have been replacing batch2 kits for those who requested updated versions to address the additional jittering. I also have been reviewing a couple reported failures to understand if I needed to make changes before completely releasing to the wolves.

Finally getting ready to install my cross. What is this jittery behavior and should I test mine before installing? Do all the early models have this jittery behavior and it is up to me if it bothers me much to request an updated version?

#315 10 months ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

Finally getting ready to install my cross. What is this jittery behavior and should I test mine before installing? Do all the early models have this jittery behavior and it is up to me if it bothers me much to request an updated version?

The first batch did not have noticeable twitchiness. Batch 2 did. It was the result of a slight difference in microcontroller parts between the two batches.
Yours was early in batch 2, so it will be of the jittery-er variety. A few people don't really notice or care, but I have sent replacements for most at this point. Try it out and shoot me a PM if it bugs you.

#316 10 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

The first batch did not have noticeable twitchiness. Batch 2 did. It was the result of a slight difference in microcontroller parts between the two batches.
Yours was early in batch 2, so it will be of the jittery-er variety. A few people don't really notice or care, but I have sent replacements for most at this point. Try it out and shoot me a PM if it bugs you.

I have very early batch one..... actually one of the first 5 and it works flawlessly. Just wanted to give Rob a kudos for this mod and design.

1 week later
#317 10 months ago

Nvm.

1 week later
#318 10 months ago

I just wanted to say thanks to RobF for providing excellent support this past week.

I waited a few months before installing. After installing, I couldn't get the cross to work.

Rob determined there was a fault in the pc board. Without hesitation, a new board was sent. A quick reinstallation and the mod is working great.

2 months later
#319 8 months ago

Hello, just curious if this project is done? Are anymore going to be made? I was really hopeful to get one long ago.

#320 8 months ago

Also curious, i signed up on the waitlist on the website

#321 8 months ago

Same here. Hope it happens.

#322 8 months ago

VERY cool mod for the pro's !!

1 month later
#323 7 months ago

Anyone have this mod that they would like to sell? I really wanted this for my game and it doesn't appear its going to happen anymore.

#324 7 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Anyone have this mod that they would like to sell? I really wanted this for my game and it doesn't appear its going to happen anymore.

I guess you will be pleasantly surprised when the order flood gates open up

#325 7 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

I guess you will be pleasantly surprised when the order flood gates open up

Would that be from the website?

#326 7 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Would that be from the website?

Correct. If you are signed up for stock notification, you will be first to know. I think I have around 40ish folks signed up. Out of those I would hope there are at least a few that still have enough dwindling patience to not be totally fed up with my ass dragging.

#327 7 months ago

Well worth the wait! Looking forward to having this mod. I haven’t reached the end of the line yet!

#328 7 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

Correct. If you are signed up for stock notification, you will be first to know. I think I have around 40ish folks signed up. Out of those I would hope there are at least a few that still have enough dwindling patience to not be totally fed up with my ass dragging.

AWESOME to hear. Ill gladly wait. Thanks for the update

#329 7 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

AWESOME to hear. Ill gladly wait. Thanks for the update

I won't hold you to the "gladly" part

1 month later
#330 5 months ago

still "Gladly" holding my breath! But just curious if there is an approximate timeline of when these will be available?

4 weeks later
#331 4 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/167866

Selling my rising cross mod. But you gotta buy my met pro it is installed on.

#332 4 months ago
Quoted from cconway84:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/167866
Selling my rising cross mod. But you gotta buy my met pro it is installed on.

Well played! That's a tastefully modded beauty. I love this rising cross mod for the pro's

3 weeks later
#333 3 months ago

Any chance these will be ready by Christmas?

1 month later
#334 54 days ago

RobF Are you still planning on doing more of these mods? Or are you done? Please let me know as i still really want one for my Met pro

#335 52 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

RobF Are you still planning on doing more of these mods?

Indeed, I am.

Quoted from bicyclenut:

Any chance these will be ready by Christmas?

Do I still need to answer this or do you want in context of 2024

#336 48 days ago

Mine still working like a charm... Was from the very first run

#337 47 days ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Mine still working like a charm... Was from the very first run

Thanks for the feedback on the long term usage. I learned a lot from the handful of failures from the second batch (and conversely the lack of failures on the first batch).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 337 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-rising-cross-mod/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.