IMG_9427 (resized).jpg
20211218_222857.jpg
PXL_20210811_051345299 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_051227637 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_050938425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_051048378 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210808_173026771~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210808_171325427~2 (resized).jpg

There are 337 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Not to worry! To ease your paranoia, I give a very generious 35 seconds to respond to the invoice before bumping people off the list

Thanks for the ticketmaster flashback. Refresh. Refresh. Refresh

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Mine came in the mail today ……. Too bad I’m Traveling and won’t be able to check this out till Sunday
THX Rob!!!

I think you should cut your vacation short before it melts away in the package....that or forward it on to digitaldocc. He sounds more serious about adding it to his game haha.

#203 1 year ago

Received today, installed today… Thanks again Rob! This is a must have mod for Metallica pro owners.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Received today, installed today… Thanks again Rob! This is a must have mod for Metallica pro owners.

Nice! I'd love to hear how the install went and if there is any feedback on the install instructions. Also any reviews of the mod itself would be great to see as more of these are getting out.

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Nice! I'd love to hear how the install went and if there is any feedback on the install instructions. Also any reviews of the mod itself would be great to see as more of these are getting out.

The only thing I noticed in the instructions that differed from my game was the screw count on the factory cross mount. Instructions stated 2. Mine had 3. Other than that it was very straight forward.

#206 1 year ago

The only thing I noticed in the instructions that differed from my game was the screw count on the factory cross mount. Instructions stated 2. Mine had 3. Other than that it was very straight forward.

Instructions say 3 screws holding the cross mount to the PF and 2 screws holding the cross to the mount.

Are you saying this was different for your game?

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Instructions say 3 screws holding the cross mount to the PF and 2 screws holding the cross to the mount.
Are you saying this was different for your game?

Yes my cross had 3 screws holding the cross to the mount. Here’s a pic of my cross mount.

3A42CB79-B29B-41EF-B43D-722987529F81 (resized).jpeg3A42CB79-B29B-41EF-B43D-722987529F81 (resized).jpeg
#208 1 year ago

Yes my cross had 3 screws holding the cross to the mount. Here’s a pic of my cross mount. [quoted image]

Mine too. No big deal

All installed and working perfectly. A few pointers

1) Take your time with the install and it will go perfectly

2) Be extra carful when cutting zip ties and repositioning the factory harness as this will need to be done to make it fit correctly

3) Read and follow the instructions to the letter.

4) Did I mention ….. take your time!!!

It took me about and hour being extra careful and double checking everything

EXCELLENT MOD that’s very well done. Works perfect

1 week later
#209 1 year ago

Me patiently waiting for this awesome mod

boo-urns.gifboo-urns.gif
#210 1 year ago

Ah man I just saw this thread. I signed up for email notification on the website and will keep an eye on this thread!

#211 1 year ago

Just checked the Google doc on page 4. So close to the promise land.

#212 1 year ago

If my connector parts show up as expected, I'll have more crosses to send out early next week. It is too bad Great Plains Electronics shutdown. I had to split my orders across multiple sources. It adds cost and pain...ugh. The long lead time chips are supposed to show up late December. That's when I'll start builds for the phase 2 (that's what I called it right??) pre-order 15-40 folks.

#213 1 year ago

It's a bad ass mod dude! I hope u know there's probably 10k +/- met pros put there! Gonna keep ya busy! Sadly $160 usd is $219 in canadian money! Faak sakes!

#214 1 year ago

I installed the mod today and it kicks ass! Works as it should, rising up at the start of MoP multi ball and goes back down when you end the multi ball. My biggest concern is the cross getting hit too hard by fast balls when all the targets are down and possibly breaking? The original metal bracket was removed and is now mounted to the plastic or whatever it is material that the new bracket is made of. Hopefully won’t be an issue but that cross could take a beating. Otherwise, excellent work and must have for pro owners.

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I installed the mod today and it kicks ass! Works as it should, rising up at the start of MoP multi ball and goes back down when you end the multi ball. My biggest concern is the cross getting hit too hard by fast balls when all the targets are down and possibly breaking? The original metal bracket was removed and is now mounted to the plastic or whatever it is material that the new bracket is made of. Hopefully won’t be an issue but that cross could take a beating. Otherwise, excellent work and must have for pro owners.

Awesome. Gald you like it. I have played on mine for about 2 years and it hasn't broken. It also recently made it through 3 days at the NWPAS.

The one thing to be careful is your scores going south. Once installed, you end up completely focused on grave MB just to watch the cross go up and down

#216 1 year ago

Good to hear. That’s no doubt about wanting to get that to go up and down to show it off. Jack fuckin pot tho!!

#217 1 year ago

Four more ready to go.

@bobbyconover
@digitaldocc
@thefoz
@flapper69

Check your emails!

#218 1 year ago

Can you add me to your list please.. Many thanks

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Can you add me to your list please.. Many thanks

Go here and add yourself to be notified when stock is available.
https://www.robtune.com/product/metallica-pro-rising-cross/

-Rob

#220 1 year ago

Two more crosses ready to go;

@grizlyrig
snakesnsparklers

Two additional updates;
1) After a few days of payment request I don't hear back from someone, I will cancel their order and move down the list.
2) I forgot to add the ziptie to the last few packages. Oops.

#221 1 year ago

Robs rising cross mod is the real deal. Totally worth the wait.

Couple of tips on the install.

If your MET was wired managed like mine block out some time to tweak the wire runs. Don't rush.

If you zip tie have the zip connect on the side or it will rub/catch on the rise/fall. After I learned that lesson I put a dab of hot glue and it worked like a charm.

Other than that you will find yourself going fo those grave drop targets over and over. Sparky is no longer the new kid on the block.

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

If your MET was wired managed like mine block out some time to tweak the wire runs. Don't rush.
If you zip tie have the zip connect on the side or it will rub/catch on the rise/fall. After I learned that lesson I put a dab of hot glue and it worked like a charm.
Other than that you will find yourself going fo those grave drop targets over and over. Sparky is no longer the new kid on the block.

Looks so good! Thanks for the vid!

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Two more crosses ready to go;

I think I am in the high 40s so I wont be looking for it this year. So PM me also when I am up so I dont miss it.

Thanks for doing this looks great

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

I think I am in the high 40s so I wont be looking for it this year. So PM me also when I am up so I dont miss it.
Thanks for doing this looks great

After 40 it will just be stock as available on the product page. If you are signed up for notification, you will part of the email blast.

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Thanks for the kind words and posting the video! That's a really good point about the zip tie orientation on the guide post. I added that later so the original in my game does not have one. I didn't think about the buckle part of the zip tie catching on the bottom of the playfield. I'll add a note to the instructions.

#226 1 year ago

Four more crosses ready to ship and payment requests sent to;

@rts
@pinball4ever
@mg7322
RCA1

This concludes my original first batch builds. The good news is that I was able to squeak out two more than I estimated. Also good news is that my backordered chip parts are now expected mid Nov instead of end of Dec (or the current date of July'23!).

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Four more crosses ready to ship and payment requests sent to;
RTS
pinball4ever
MG7322
RCA1
This concludes my original first batch builds. The good news is that I was able to squeak out two more than I estimated. Also good news is that my backordered chip parts are now expected mid Nov.

I was ONE away from making the list this time. Dang it lol.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I was ONE away from making the list this time. Dang it lol.

I can't believe I made the cut, for once.
I would have been fine waiting a couple weeks, but glad to be above the cut.

#230 1 year ago

Got mine installed last night and it's working great! Very nice design RobF !

#231 1 year ago

Recieved mine yesterday and installed it today.
The factory used oversize screws to secure the cross to the bracket, opening up the screw holes in the cross a bit. The screws in the mod kit were loose and didn't want to grab the cross. A couple pieces of toothpick in the screw holes corrected that.
Otherwise not a bad install and it's working great!

Thanks Rob!

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

The factory used oversize screws to secure the cross to the bracket, opening up the screw holes in the cross a bit. The screws in the mod kit were loose and didn't want to grab the cross. A couple pieces of toothpick in the screw holes corrected that.
Thanks Rob!

Mine didn’t come with the screws so I found some replacements- did the toothpick trick also and it’s snug and working great. I may add something behind the cross because when it’s down the flasher behind it will have direct line of sight and it’s bright - maybe something to hang from the plastic.

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Thanks Rob!

The factory cross comes with threaded inserts. Were those inserts missing on yours or was it a replacement cross by chance? Maybe the parts changed over time?

Quoted from THEFOZ:

Mine didn’t come with the screws so I found some replacements- did the toothpick trick also and it’s snug and working great. I may add something behind the cross because when it’s down the flasher behind it will have direct line of sight and it’s bright - maybe something to hang from the plastic.

All kits should come with two screws to mount the cross to the rising arm. Early kits had these in plastic bags. Lately I have been taping them to the mount.

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

The factory cross comes with threaded inserts. Were those inserts missing on yours or was it a replacement cross by chance? Maybe the parts changed over time?

All kits should come with two screws to mount the cross to the rising arm. Early kits had these in plastic bags. Lately I have been taping them to the mount.

Mine was a replacement cross (indestructible thing on pinside). I didn’t see any screws but possibly I misplaced them. In any event - no big whoop and it’s working great!

#235 1 year ago

On the list! Should of done earlier

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

I'm not the original owner, so I guess that I don't know.
There were no threaded inserts, and the screws used were bugle head wood screws.
I figured that was what Stern had laying around when the game was built.

#237 1 year ago

For future reference to all, the screws that are (should be!) included are specific undercut tapered so that once installed, they sit perfectly flush with the new mount. If they are not fully flush, they will interfere with the playfield cut out.
https://www.mcmaster.com/91099A205/

The expectation is that the cross has #6-32 threaded inserts. If yours are missing or you have aftermarket cross without them, it should be relatively easy to add new ones. If I ran into this problem, I would start with something like this; https://www.amazon.com/Z-LOK-Threaded-Insert-Plastic/dp/B08QJHYHYB/ref=sr_1_6

Quoted from THEFOZ:

Mine was a replacement cross (indestructible thing on pinside). I didn’t see any screws but possibly I misplaced them. In any event - no big whoop and it’s working great!

Ah that explains it. Glad you worked it out.

Quoted from RCA1:

There were no threaded inserts, and the screws used were bugle head wood screws.

Was it ever on route? This sounds curiously like an operator bodge job Happy you got yours working as well.

#238 1 year ago

this has got to be one of the coolest mods this year in pinball! Well done!!

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Was it ever on route? This sounds curiously like an operator bodge job

No. I'm the second owner. First owner added a few mods, but I don't think he changed the cross.
Probably just a pinball mystery.

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Do you have the original Metallica run with old wood speaker panel or the led run that had the new style speaker panel (metal and slanted backward)

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Do you have the original Metallica run with old wood speaker panel or the led run that had the new style speaker panel (metal and slanted backward)

I have the newer Pro (Led), with the new style speaker panel.

#242 1 year ago

I have a newer style Pro LED as well but my cross was just like the instructions expected.

#243 1 year ago

When mine arrives we'll see what mine is like! I have a 2014 pro led unit as well.

#244 1 year ago

Anyone share an install pic? My harness is in the way big time and the big magnet nut will dictate where the external board goes? Just curious.

#245 1 year ago

All set, as above it will take about an hour or so to install. You do need to plan a strategy and look things over to get it to fit. You do need to move the harness a bit so the cross doesn’t hit it when it’s down. Great quality and design. A+

1 month later
#246 1 year ago

I received my chip parts a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I ran into unexpected technical issues with them. It turns out they are slightly different part numbers compared to what I had been using. While they are supposed to be functionally equivalent, I found they are much more picky electrically. I won't go into the boring details, but the good news is that I finally have it all sorted. Thankfully I found fixes that didn't require circuit redesign, which is appreciated since I had just received 100 pcbs. I came pretty close to having to chuck those all in the garbage. After some extra testing, I am ready to get back on track.

I will start sending out invoices and payment requests and have a handful of kits ready to ship out. Call it a Christmas miracle!

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

I received my chip parts a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I ran into unexpected technical issues with them. It turns out they are slightly different part numbers compared to what I had been using. While they are supposed to be functionally equivalent, I found they are much more picky electrically. I won't go into the boring details, but the good news is that I finally have it all sorted. Thankfully I found fixes that didn't require circuit redesign, which is appreciated since I had just received 100 pcbs. I came pretty close to having to chuck those all in the garbage. After some extra testing, I am ready to get back on track.
I will start sending out invoices and payment requests and have a handful of kits ready to ship out. Call it a Christmas miracle!

Nice! Looking forward to it

#248 1 year ago

SWEET! Thanks for the update

#249 1 year ago

Next 10 ready to go. Payments requests out to:

@aaron6920
@numskul
@goldenbear
@john-floyd
@djreddog
@foureyedcharlie
@johnttwo
@otto110
@lermods
tommyp

Reminder to please make sure you have a ship address entered. If you run into any issues, just shoot me a PM.

#250 1 year ago

Awesome! Cant wait!! Thx!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 29.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 337 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-rising-cross-mod/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.