IMG_9427 (resized).jpg
20211218_222857.jpg
PXL_20210811_051345299 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_051227637 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_050938425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_051048378 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210808_173026771~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210808_171325427~2 (resized).jpg

There are 337 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 4 years ago

After several months of this project sitting on the shelf, I finally have a fully functioning prototype of my MetPro rising cross mod. It is a few 3D printed parts, a servo, and a control board. It's plug and play as far as connecting to the target opto board and the cross LED. It needs a few tweaks and a lot of play testing before I call it done, but I was excited to share a video of it in action. As of right now I am not taking orders or keeping a list of the interested. This will change when I get closer to final design. Happy to answer any questions and take feedback.

#2 4 years ago

Very nice! Do you have a rough price in mind or is that too far off yet?

#3 4 years ago

Following

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Very nice! Do you have a rough price in mind or is that too far off yet?

Thanks! I have not decided on price. It won't be the cheapest, nor the most expensive mod you have put on the game. How's that for vague?

I need to go through another PCB design and probably some adjustments to the cad models or material choices depending on how the extended play testing goes (ie how things wear or break after prolonged use).

#5 4 years ago

Cool

#6 4 years ago

Oh and I was asked if I blasphemously replaced the stock songs with the Sex Pistols The answer is no, it was on in the background while taking the videos. The game volume was all the way down. Also that buzzing you hear in the last half of the video was from holding the flipper to keep the ball search from going crazy. The servo is effectively silent.

#7 4 years ago

might be interested pending price...

#8 4 years ago

Awesome job!

Quoted from Raegor:

Me too.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Same here. Let me know. Thanks.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Me three...

#11 4 years ago

I'd consider buying one of these just in case I get MET back. This was always my favorite part of the premium features.

#12 4 years ago

Unfortunately the Canadian dollar will keep this one off my METpro. Even at $150usd +shipping puts it around $250 for me.. dammit!

#13 4 years ago

Yeah it's a bummer. The exchange rate has not been kind to our friends up north for a while. The good news is that there is still time to save your pennies.

#14 4 years ago

I am definitely interested as well! When you feel its ready, please PM me! Following the thread now.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Unfortunately the Canadian dollar will keep this one off my METpro. Even at $150usd +shipping puts it around $250 for me.. dammit!

Oh Dee-bow, you could always show some skin in certain parts of Regina to make up those funds!

#16 4 years ago

How is the cross triggered? Will this be compatible with the Total Lightshow mod?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How is the cross triggered? Will this be compatible with the Total Lightshow mod?

It's triggered from the last drop target and the LED in the cross. Yes it will work with or without the TLS mod. I have TLS on my machine.

2 months later
#18 3 years ago

A couple of people have asked for an update on this project. General summary is that things are going well with no major issues. I am at least 5 weeks out from having something to send out to my first play testers. More details for the curious;

1) I have been play testing quite a bit. Like a dummy I haven't kept an official record of # of plays, but it is at least one hundred and counting. The good news, nothing has broken and the mechanical bits continue to work exactly as expected. This is important as I wasn't sure how the material or design would hold up to pinball use. So far, so good. I think I can call the physical design pretty much done. If I get a chance I might try to downsize the servo used. I think the one I am using now is overkill.

2) It rises correctly 90% of the time. For the remaining 10% my trigger logic gets confused by events and scenarios other than the start of the Cross MB. I have some coding work ahead to fix this. It never gets stuck in the wrong state, meaning it will right itself during normal play. It is only confused temporarily. That is good news. Also it goes down 100% correctly, so that is also good news.

3) I am redesigning the PCB for compactness and to ease assembly. I need to finish the deisgn, send it out for fab and then retest. This will be my long pole lead time. This is probably 4-6 weeks out (~2.5 weeks just waiting for boards to comeback). If I screw something up, it will tack on more weeks.

4) I am still not set on where the board will mount. I had a a good plan, but then realized part of the stock harness that plugs into my board doesn't look like it will reach. There is still more fiddling here to figure it out, but it's good activity while I wait for PCBs to come back.

5) More play testing. My plan right now is once I am happy with the above, I'll find a couple willing local MetPro owners to be first testers. I want more test time on this to feel better about it.

#19 3 years ago

Thanks, keep us updated!

#20 3 years ago

Im ready to place an order just tell me where to send the money! Looks awesome and cant wait for you to start selling this.

#21 3 years ago

Can’t wait for this! Thanks for making my favorite game even better.

#22 3 years ago

This project has me interested in swapping out the
music to the Sex Pistols.

Metallica's music has always been the worst part of the game.

6 months later
#23 3 years ago

Hoping for an update on this mod.

1 month later
#24 3 years ago
Quoted from RedFive:

Hoping for an update on this mod.

Man time flies doesn't it?? This project has been shelved for a little bit. I still have a few small things to wrap up before it is in a sellable form. From my list above I would say 1, 3, and 5 are done. So it's down to software fixes to eliminate the false triggers and some kind of better mounting. I would rather it not come to a janky zip tie solution but it just might. I have continued to play test and bash the crap out of it. So far it's holding up just fine. Consider the delay just additional reliability testing.

5 months later
#25 2 years ago

Any updates on this?

#26 2 years ago

Yes this looks great .Hope its available soon.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Yes this looks great .Hope its available soon.

this reminds me of the spider man call outs upgrade it sounded promising for months only to fall off the face of the earth.Too bad

#28 2 years ago

Not off the face of the Earth! Pretty much same state with prototype still getting exercised. The continued interest sure helps with motivation to drag this across the finish line. I really enjoy this on my game, I am sure you all will too... eventually

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Not off the face of the Earth! Pretty much same state with prototype still getting exercised. The continued interest sure helps with motivation to drag this across the finish line. I really enjoy this on my game, I am sure you all will too... eventually

certainly looks good.You will have no shortage of buyers .

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Do you want to test 1 on my met ?haha

#31 2 years ago

Hey James, hes only 100 miles from me. I need to be beta tester !!

2 weeks later
#32 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

interest BUMP

#33 2 years ago

I am interested in this mod

#34 2 years ago

Me tooooooooooooooo!

#35 2 years ago

Also interest as look as a dummy can hook it up.

#36 2 years ago

Very interested

#37 2 years ago

I appreciate the poking and prodding gentlemen! <inset Michael Scott line here>

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I appreciate the poking and prodding gentlemen! <inset Michael Scott line here>

I want one over in Eastern Washington!!

#39 2 years ago

Yes make this pro complete

#40 2 years ago

I installed the real mechanism with the Total Light Show controlling it and it's definitely a nice touch on the Pro. This kit will be great seeing as it's an all in one unit.

#41 2 years ago

Yea I wanted the total light show was a little late fkr that one lol

#42 2 years ago

I have total light show installed on my MET but can u now purchase a rising cross mech??? I don’t see them in stores now

#43 2 years ago

At one point Marco had a semi complete mech kit. I bought one then after understanding the additional parts needed, I got frustrated enough to make my own mech. I have the part numbers and details somewhere in the met owners thread of you want to explore that route. I have only seen that kit for sale that one time.

The other question is with Timebandit disappearing, I don't know how you would add the functionality to TLS. From what he told me, it took some additional changes.

#44 2 years ago

I think I need to go back and do some studying. With my current mods my MetPro plays, looks and sounds great but would love to have the rising cross for novelty.

#45 2 years ago

When I have this ready, it will be a plug and play kit regardless of your other mods.

#46 2 years ago

Just stumbled on this project. Looks fantastic. I would love one when it's in a plug and play state.

#47 2 years ago

Anyone know if total light shows can still be found anywhere?

#48 2 years ago

No where

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Anyone know if total light shows can still be found anywhere?

TimeBandit was the maker/owner and it looks like he's out.
Hope he's OK.

Rob, I'm in when this is ready!

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

I have total light show installed on my MET but can u now purchase a rising cross mech??? I don’t see them in stores now

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9810-00

Expensive, but cool to have if your MET Pro is a keeper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 337 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-rising-cross-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.