IMG_20160305_180325_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_8586_(resized).JPG
MetPremRtsling_(resized).jpg
Mysteryholesplitting_(resized).jpg
Mysteryholeunderplayfield_(resized).jpg
IMG_0476_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

If a guy bought one used and it was out of warranty, would Stern still replace the playfield if it started to chip? The game I am looking at is April 14, 2015 build date. Playfield looks fine with no chipping apparent but the decals have fallen/are falling off.

I bought mine second hand and it had April 14 2015 build date. Had less than 100 plays and decals where peeling off the head. A couple weeks after I got it home and put another 100 plays on it the playfield started chipping everywhere. I have no doubt the original owner new that build date was defective because I got it cheap. So I just played the crap out of it for last 2 years. Called stern a month ago and they sent me new head decals and a new populated playfield. Got everything installed Friday and I basically have a brand new game. My old playfield was wrecked. I would stay away from April 2015 build date unless you know 100% stern will warranty it or you get it super cheap. Stern took care of me but who knows, every case might be different.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I called STERN and talked to Chas . I asked for a person or department to verbally talk to about the issues with my playfield . Chas told me to take photos and email them to [email protected] . I told Chas I have been buying STERN LE and STERN pinballs for 17 years and I wanted to talk to someone in the decision making process . I had no luck with Chas getting a name . Who did you speak with please ? Name of person and there email . Send me a PM if you do not want to disclose info public . Thank you.

Hi Rob

I actually did exactly what you did (sent pics to email) and then followed up with stern by phone a week later. They never did let me talk to a decision maker but the process was very smooth and I am happy. I will say this, my playfield was a wreck. 3 inch radius around magnet was gone and chipped away, shooter lane was bad and exiting shooter lane had a quarter size chip missing. They probably fix major issues first.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have thousands of plays on my april 2015 ..... no issues and its a beautiful playfield. Guess its hit or miss.

Yea, I think it depends on who did the playfield. If your playfield has the layers in the shooter lane your good. My shooter lane had no wood grain layers and chipped horribly. Stern hooked me up with a beautiful new playfield. I have already put about 50 plays on it and it does not even have any dimples yet.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The type of wood grain does not matter in regards to chipping or not, it's just maple of birch. Please see the post below from Vid, great info.

Bad wording on my part, I think vid had told me that he could tell by the grain in the shooter lane who produced the bad playfield. The playfield with heavier grain in the shooter lane seemed to be on the good run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 149.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 29.95
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-playfield-chipping?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.