IMG_20160305_180325_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_8586_(resized).JPG
MetPremRtsling_(resized).jpg
Mysteryholesplitting_(resized).jpg
Mysteryholeunderplayfield_(resized).jpg
IMG_0476_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider refugenate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I know this topic has probably been discussed before but can someone let me know if this happened to you and what Stern did for you? I think it's unbelievable that you buy a new game and less than a year and home use only play the playfield starts chipping and flaking. I even put Mylar around the magnet just to help protect the playfield. I don't think the magnet is the cause. This is the second issue I have had. My head decals peeled off and they sent me new decals. My twenty year old B/W games don't have this problem! I ordered my Metallica in April '15.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3 8 years ago

No just the circle Mylar around the magnet. Even the chip below the magnet isn't really touching the magnet or caused by any Mylar peeling up.

#8 8 years ago

The sticker on the back says April 8, 2015. If it is a bad batch what does Stern do?

#13 8 years ago

Yeah magnet is level, no issues there. Thanks for the info Chrizg, that's what I was wanting to know. I hope they will accommodate mine as well. I would assume they should know what runs where defective. My back box decals were from a defective batch and they curled up like crazy until they fell off.

#15 8 years ago

Chrizg, when was yours manufactured?

#19 8 years ago

PanzerFreak, I would probably say around 250 or so plays. I just noticed it this weekend while I was playing with some friends. I noticed it on the top of the magnet first and then shortly after playing a few more I saw that below the magnet had a chip. I found the playfield chips laying around the playfield. I was so upset!!! There is no way a new game should be doing this! I do have the bigger sparky protector on as well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20 8 years ago

Flakes.

#22 8 years ago

I'll contact my distributor I got it through and let you guys know the outcome.

#51 8 years ago

Just to provide everyone an update: Stern will be replacing my playfield with a new one. Similar to the other posts, I will be shipping my populated playfield back to Stern and they will be sending me a brand new populated playfield all at the cost of Stern. There was no discussion of defected playfields or anything, just sent my distributor my pictures of my chipped marks with my S/N and no questions asked....they said they will be replacing it. I am glad Stern is really stepping up and making things right...great customer service on their part. The only part I am not looking forward too is finding the time to remove and install a playfield, but at least it will be populated . Oh...and I am a little intimidated putting on the backbox decals so they don't look like crap! Any recommendations? Wet method?

1 month later
#106 7 years ago

Just an update on my Met Pro debacle. I sent my playfield in and received my replacement. Upon installing the new playfield I noticed I was missing the wire harness that connects to the transformer. So I contacted my distributor and they said they emailed Stern. This was over two weeks ago and I am still waiting for an answer. My game has been down for over a month because of the playfield issue and now I can't put everything back together because I am missing a wire harness. My head decals are completely off (peeled off after one month of owning the game) and I have new ones yet to be installed (which is intimidating). I am happy that Stern has made things right so far but it seems to be one thing after another and at times can take awhile to get it ironed out. It's less than a year old game and it's just sits there out of commission, looking all ghetto without decals and not working waiting for a wire harness that I have no idea IF and WHEN it will show up. Not exactly the experience I wanted with buying my first new in box pin. Frustrating to say the least.

1 month later
#116 7 years ago

It seems like there was a week or two in April '15 where the playfields and the backbox decals where defective. Contact your distributor and they should be able have Stern send you a new populated playfield and new decals. It took a while but Stern eventually made it right. Stern will send you a box to ship your old playfield, once they receive it, they will ship the new one to you. Kind of a pain having to remove the playfield and send it back but glad they made it right.

1 month later
#117 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

My head decals are also peeling off

I received my MET backbox replacement decals but they have a border on it with square corners so they obviously have not been trimmed. They don't even fit with being trimmed first. The old decals are rounded at the corners and don't have any border line. Did you have to trim any off the new decals to make them fit? If so, how did you trim them to look factory rather than a bad cut job with scissors?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider refugenate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-playfield-chipping?tu=refugenate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.