“Which Pro Pin...”

• TWD Pro 35 votes
    32%
  • MET Pro 69 votes
    64%
  • Other Stern Pro 4 votes
    4%

(108 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

So I'm pretty set on buying a WOZ. They are still out there NIB to buy, I'll probably get a standard, I'd buy a used one buy none ever pop up for sale near me so NIB it is. The WOZ will satisfy my wife and get her into pinball, so our 2nd pin will be more to satisfy me (I still want the wife and kids to enjoy it though.) My wife has stated she hates the artwork on TWD (ugly walkers, I get it.) I played Metallica Pro once and wife/kids enjoyed it. Haven't played TWD yet. I briefly considered GOT Pro but we haven't played it, kids liked the premium we played, I didn't care for it. We are a 2 pin house max, we have exactly 2 spots for pinball machines. We have owned 2 pins in the past, one older one that I got tired of working on so I sold it. I'm only looking to buy newer pins, I am more of a player than someone that enjoys working on them. We owned a Star Trek Pro and got tired of it and sold it, just couldn't get into the rules on it, seemed kind of linear and repetitive in the rules. What do you guys think, TWD or MET? Can't afford a premium for the 2nd pin. I'm a little concerned I'm going to miss out on a lot with TWD if I go with the Pro. I'd consider other NIB pins possibly, thought about Mustang too.

Metallica is the more friendlier playing pin of the two so you may want to go that route. But its ruleset gets stale pretty quick, at least for me, very repetitive - more so than ST in my opinion.

TWD is one hell of a tough machine. The pro is actually more friendlier than the premium despite not having walker bombs which makes it a good choice for you. It has such a great depth and breadth to the ruleset that its a much longer term keeper than metallica in my opinion.

So while metallica may be the more friendlier pin on the surface, the TWD is the better pin for long term last ability.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

So would everyone agree that the code is deeper on TWD over MET? How about the flipper gap, is it the same as Ghostbusters?

Yes, code is deeper, wider, better on TWD. Flipper gap is not the same as GB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-or-twd-pro?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.