Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

with_pastic_mount.jpg
Plastic_to_center_sockets.jpg
with_flex_head_leds.jpg
low_mounted_sockets.jpg
#1 10 years ago

It has always bugged me that the light sockets for the two center inserts in my Met Pro were mounted low vs the two outside inserts where the light sockets are centered.

low_mounted_sockets.jpglow_mounted_sockets.jpg

The Cointaker insert kit that I got had flex leds in there that did help. With the flex head I was able to get the led close to center. But it still wasn't perfect.

with_flex_head_leds.jpgwith_flex_head_leds.jpg

I decided to make a under playfield plastic to add centered mounts for all four sockets. The plastic uses the existing holes and hardware in the playfield where the sockets were screwed in. So it is 100% reversible.

Heres a pic from under the playfield
Plastic_to_center_sockets.jpgPlastic_to_center_sockets.jpg

The plastic has 4 holes to mount the light sockets directly under the center of the inserts. Used some hardware that I picked up at Lowes last night to mount the light sockets to the plastic. Also there are 4 holes in the plastic for the LED/555 bulb to stick through and up into the insert.

It isn't that pretty, but it is functional and best of all it works.

All four inserts are centered now.
with_pastic_mount.jpgwith_pastic_mount.jpg

If I was gonna make another one, id do things a bit different. I made it so it used all four existing playfield holes. but you really only need the 2 on the outer edges. So I think the plastic could be a trimmed down some and still work. Also I'd make slotted holes on the edges to allow fine tuning the position of the plastic underneath to get it dialed in before screwing it down.

Lemme know what you think and if you think I'm crazy for bothering to fix a small aesthetic issue with Met Pro.

#2 10 years ago

I think it's a great idea. If I wasn't already so overbooked, I'd do the same to mine, both on those four and the 3 under the coffin (I have a Pro).

#3 10 years ago

Your not alone. This drives me crazy as well. Nice work.

#4 10 years ago

Of course that is cool. My buddy Don told me I should do that several months ago and never got around to it.

#5 10 years ago

see at 2:50 how I did it. Just some simple metal strip. Ugly but it works

#6 10 years ago

If you guys do decide to do it, one thing I did was to use my ethernet cable labeler to label the light sockets from left to right 1, 2, 3, 4. I had all four of them unhooked and tucked into the wire harnesses to get them out of the way for a few hours yesterday. The labels came in handy when I went to put them back in place.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

see at 2:50 how I did it. Just some simple metal strip. Ugly but it works
» YouTube video

Good mod. I like the zip tie idea to mount the socket to the metal strip.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I think it's a great idea. If I wasn't already so overbooked, I'd do the same to mine, both on those four and the 3 under the coffin (I have a Pro).

My brother suggested the coffin needs the same thing, but honestly I'm satisfied with my coffin after I made a few modifications.

-put the imdaras coffin mod sticker on
-put in red premium CT LEDs for the 'balls'
-put white flat 8 CT flashers in for the flashers.
-bent the flasher mounts to get the led flasher closer to the playfield.

Stock, the coffin drives me crazy when the flashers are on, cause you can see the shadows of the wires/mounts under there on the white insert of the coffin. but I don't have that after making the mods above. The shadows always reminded me of a city scape, and then I always thought of the opening for the Frasier TV show.

#9 10 years ago

Sadly my imdaras coffin mod sticker came off and does not stick anymore. I wonder now if I should have covered it with something (mylar?) or if it was the heat from the incandescent bulbs that caused the glue to release.

#10 10 years ago

Sorry to hear that. I didn't put any mylar over mine and it doesn't show any signs of coming up. I guess I lucky. Looked at my notes and I think there was only 2-3 weeks of time between installing the sticker and when I replace the LEDs in the game. So maybe the regular 555's could have an effect?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-mod-to-center-the-light-sockets-under-4-primay-inserts-in-lower-pf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.