View topic image gallery

IMG_2003.JPG
IMG_2002.JPG
IMG_2001.JPG
IMG_1999.JPG
IMG_1998.JPG
IMG_1995.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Ordered my CLiffy protection set with Cliffy himself. Arrived today and even included the new Cliffy railprotection !!! Great, even the screws to mount it were included

Extra warning for those having a PRO and thinking the shooterlane doesnt need protection as it is not painted like an ACDC. I biught this PRO has a HUO with 300 games on it. Already the shooterlan was showing some minor wear and when installing the protector you ofcourse tocuh the shooterlane and I could already feel the clearcoat coming loose. So if you are for a shooter protection dont forget to order the right part to !!

As the ball is slightly higher now as I wanted it to rest on the metal and not wood I had to adjust the plunger slightly

Cliggy, thanks for making such nice products for our babies

IMG_1995.JPGIMG_1995.JPG IMG_1998.JPGIMG_1998.JPG IMG_1999.JPGIMG_1999.JPG

#2 10 years ago

and some more pictures

IMG_2001.JPGIMG_2001.JPG IMG_2002.JPGIMG_2002.JPG IMG_2003.JPGIMG_2003.JPG

#3 10 years ago

yah, thanks Cliggy

#4 10 years ago

Cliggy da man

#5 10 years ago

Oops, typo . Has to be Cliffy ofcourse, sorry

#6 10 years ago

Glad ya like 'em Rens!
Love, Cliggy

#7 10 years ago

Go Cliggy Go

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Glad ya like 'em Rens!
Love, Cliggy

My friend has a cliffy around his snake head but I don't see that on your site Cliff.

#9 10 years ago

Yup. Looks like mine

#10 10 years ago

There is a Kind of Cliffy around the snakehead but that comes ex factory. So no Cliffy required. At least, I assume you mean the protector mounted on the Playfield around the snakehead

#11 10 years ago

Those inlane protectors are a must unless you want destroyed inlanes due to the ball drops. You double bag your heavy groceries, might as well put a cliffy on the inlanes if you haven't done it so far!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

There is a Kind of Cliffy around the snakehead but that comes ex factory. So no Cliffy required. At least, I assume you mean the protector mounted on the Playfield around the snakehead

Oh, OK. In the pics on Stern's site, that is not there. I guess they added it after promo pics. Do new Pros come with a defanged snake, also?

#13 10 years ago

I bought all the Cliffy protections too and I am very happy, but I have one question: How did you put the right side eject protector under the black rail?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

My friend has a cliffy around his snake head

I don't think Cliggy is into things like that ....

rd.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Skyker:

I bought all the Cliffy protections too and I am very happy, but I have one question: How did you put the right side eject protector under the black rail?

This is one which takes some more time but is a must.

You have to loosen the screws under the playfield which tighten the woodrail to the playfield. There are 3 to loosen, unfortunately the first one is under the brackets holding the kicker for shooting the ball. This means you have to remove the kicker, loosen than this screw and 2 others, slide the protector underneath and tighten the screws back again which make the woodrail press the protector between the woodrail and playfield. This pressure keeps it into place. I hope this clarifies enough.

In this protector there is a slot in which the screw fits. I widened this slot as I wanted the ball not to touch the wood. The Original slot is not wide enough to do this.

See also this post on ACDC shooterlane protector http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-shooter-lane-chipped-and-repaired

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is one which takes some more time but is a must.
You have to loosen the screws under the playfield which tighten the woodrail to the playfield. There are 3 to loosen, unfortunately the first one is under the brackets holding the kicker for shooting the ball. This means you have to remove the kicker, loosen than this screw and 2 others, slide the protector underneath and tighten the screws back again which make the woodrail press the protector between the woodrail and playfield. This pressure keeps it into place. I hope this clarifies enough.
In this protector there is a slot in which the screw fits. I widened this slot as I wanted the ball not to touch the wood. The Original slot is not wide enough to do this.
See also this post on ACDC shooterlane protector http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-shooter-lane-chipped-and-repaired

Thank you for the clear explanation! I am going to install this last piece right now

#17 10 years ago

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out

Cheers

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Skyker:

I created an install guide for all the protectors here. It's linked from the protector page itself

http://www.passionforpinball.com/MetInstall.htm

http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It works perfectly on mine, Rens, but I hear you. The drilling on these games is not as precise as I would like so I have to make slotted holes for everything it seems. I will redraw the right side ejects to move the slotted hole a little further away from the groove. In the meantime I suppose folks can Dremel or file the hole to suit their needs, yes?

#20 10 years ago

I did not know cliffy had the magnet protectors. Will these fit on the doc ock magnet? Mine has some serious wear.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

My friend has a cliffy around his snake head but I don't see that on your site Cliff.

That's a factory piece but I do plan to make one of my own. The oem piece functions just fine but man, they didn't follow the keylines like I do and it just looks slapped on. Mine, of course, will be a much nicer fit and look.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

I did not know cliffy had the magnet protectors. Will these fit on the doc ock magnet? Mine has some serious wear.

New and hot off the presses, yes Indeed they fit any 3/4" (19mm) magnet pole.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

New and hot off the presses, yes Indeed they fit any 3/4" (19mm) magnet pole.

Always keeping our games nice. U da man.

#24 10 years ago

Great cliffy! I will send you an email by the way i just tried to send an email trough your website but it bounced? Apparently i'm spam ??

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

I will send you an email by the way i just tried to send an email trough your website but it bounced? Apparently i'm spam ??

I like spam If you get a bounce from my comcast acct always try my [email protected] although I have to admit I do not like gmails layout so don't use it much. I do check it though.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

I created an install guide for all the protectors here. It's linked from the protector page itself
http://www.passionforpinball.com/MetInstall.htm
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm

Thanks Cliffy!

#27 10 years ago

Cliggy 4 President !

#28 10 years ago

Email sent (to gmail)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-made-bulletproof-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.