• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMG_1357.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Sorry, I searched and can't find where this came up before. I can't remember how I deal with this new piece by the back box speaker??
Trying to install the FF speakers. No instructions in box and the FF site pics don't show this.
Thanks for any help.

Dave

IMG_1357.jpgIMG_1357.jpg

#2 10 years ago

That piece (I think it's a capacitor?) just get's removed. It's part of the problem with Stern audio...can't believe they are still using it!

#3 10 years ago

OK, just by pass it and hook everything up as normal. Thanks!

#5 10 years ago

Sadly the video does not exist and the instructions don't mention that extra part. I just removed it and installed it all. Left off the volume control as well.

#6 10 years ago

The capacitor along with all the original wiring soldered to the speakers come out of the game with the speakers. The system comes with all the replacement wiring. Sorry for any confusion.

Michael

#7 10 years ago

No worries, it sounds awesome!!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

No worries, it sounds awesome!!

I believe that to be the understatement of the year. Played my Metallica LE with the stock speakers for a few weeks before installing Mike's speakers, such a huge difference. The game sounds awesome now.

#9 10 years ago

Nice to hear that these speakers are greatly improving the sound. Did you guys also upgrade the sub woofer as well? I have an external sub hooked up, but still want some better sound quality out of this pin. Metallica is meant to be blasted.

#10 10 years ago

I bought a pro and installed the FF kit opening night. I have since sold the pro as an LE is on it's way. I took out the kit to reuse in my LE and the sound before after is night and day. You have to upgrade both speakers and sub, you'll be very happy you did.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

I bought a pro and installed the FF kit opening night. I have since sold the pro as an LE is on it's way. I took out the kit to reuse in my LE and the sound before after is night and day. You have to upgrade both speakers and sub, you'll be very happy you did.

Awesome thanks for that info. I'm going to order these very soon. My ACDC sound is so fantastic sitting right beside it that I at least need to get this pin close to that.

2 weeks later
#12 10 years ago

Ok, I just installed a FF kit in my Metallica Pro. I found the the instructions didn't exactly match what needed to be done and I had to do some guess work. There was no 2 wire z-connector coming from the old speakers. There seemed to be a an adapter harness in the kit, but there was no mention of it in the instructions. I guessed hooking it up. The old sub was also soldered in and I had to get my own female connectors and crimp them onto the wires to hook up the new sub. The problem now is that I get a rattling any time the sub hits fairly hard, despite removing/securing anything loose in the cab, unless I turn the game down pretty low. I tightened the sub down a little too tight in an effort to eliminate rattle and bent the metal rather easily. The backbox speakers are also tinny still, but this could be Stern sample quality. No settings seem to clear things up. What settings would you guys recommend as far as hi/lo on the sub, game volume and speaker volume? Could there be something connected improperly? What might be a common rattle source?

Brian

#13 10 years ago

I have my flipper fidelity audio almost all the way up at about a 3 oclock position and the sub on hi. I have my game volume between 45 and 60, depending on if my wife is home.

Your glass is rattling, grab some anti rattle tape from flipper fidelity.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks! Removing the glass does eliminate the rattle. For some reason I didn't think of that. I'll have to get some tape. Your volume suggestions were also helpful and I got it sounding pretty good without the glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pro-flipper-fidelity-speaker-install and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.