(Topic ID: 180391)

MET Prem vs TWD Prem vs MMR. Only get one.

By bent98

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rolandthoms
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have limited space and need to choose between these three pins. I don't want this to turn into a pro vs prem thread but more about if you could only choose between Metallica Premium, The Walking Dead, Or Medieval Madness Remake which one it be?

#2 2 years ago

All 3 are great games - It would depend on Theme and Skill.
If you really like the TWD theme and are a good/great player -> get TWD.

Otherwise: If you prefer a Rock n Roll theme vs a Medieval theme

All 3 games are so good, that there is no wrong choice - but TWD tops the list slightly for me.

#3 2 years ago

Wow, tough choice. We have a MM, TWD Pro, and Met Pro... if I could only keep one for myself it'd be TWD. If I could only keep one for the family then it'd be MM.

TWD can be tough for non-pinball people. MM is so goofy that even when it's tough, people seem to like it.

Good luck on the choice!

#4 2 years ago

Tough, it's like asking a parent with 3 great kids which is their favorite. Do you have experience playing any of them? If you do and you enjoyed it, I'd suggest it.

#5 2 years ago

MET

It has the best total package (shots, gameplay, art, audio, features, lighting, etc.) for me.

#6 2 years ago

All 3 are fantastic. You really can't lose here. MM is the shallowest of the 3, but it's the most approachable and family/guest friendly. It's a classic. The other two are in Stern's top 5 best games ever. Really you can't lose. You'll get them all eventually anyways, so just pick one.

#7 2 years ago

What's he timeframe for each before you can't buy them NIB?

#8 2 years ago

Met

#9 2 years ago

I'm not sure anyone can honestly tell you a cutoff date for when you can never order them NIB, unfortunately. I do know Metallica's license was renewed at the end of last year, but no idea what that means in terms of how long they'll be available new.

I don't have any clue about the other two. I hope MMR is available NIB for another two years because that's how long I'll have to wait on that guy. Redoing the floors in my house instead of buying pins this/next year

#10 2 years ago

Wow, I have MMr and Met Premium and GB Premium. Looking at TWD --probably will add. I'm pretty much new to pinball. Met is awesome for buddies coming buy and playing (the music, Sparky). MMr has the deep ruleset and when I'm alone it's my choice.

#11 2 years ago

I have all three games. I would get TWD.

#12 2 years ago

Really difficult decision between MET & TWD Premium. Both Borg/Lyman masterpieces, and quite frankly, the only two Sterns in production that people should be considering for purchase right now. Both with unique gameplay & deep balanced complete coding.

You can't go wrong with either. Pick the theme that suits you best. Then save money to make the other one your next purchase. I have MET & TWD is #1 on my wishlist.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

All 3 games are so good, that there is no wrong choice - but TWD tops the list slightly for me.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. TWD premium may very well be the best game ever made.

#14 2 years ago

TWD Prem. is still here and MET is gone (though MET is also a great game). As I tend to get my fill of MM/R rather quickly on location, I can't imagine I'd find it to have staying power close to MET or TWD at home.

#15 2 years ago

Met Premium is still in my collection TWD Premium is gone... It was fun but also very frustrating. MMR just too much $ for me... those other two pushed the budget more than I liked.

#16 2 years ago

I bought Walking Dead LE before acquiring the other 2 games. Its still the game in my collection that I play the most (although GB premium is getting some honeymoon loving right now)

TWD for the full immersive experience....make sure to add the sound package.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Berkeley Heights, NJ
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside