• MET Prem 54 votes
    42%
  • WOZ 40 votes
    31%
  • MM 34 votes
    27%

(128 votes)

#1 4 years ago

I'm looking to get a new game to the line up. l am going to sell WCS and replace it with one of these three games. I only have room for three games in my game room... Also, My game room is upstairs so my pins tend to last many years before I sell them.

I'm leaning towards WOZ. Interested to hear everyones perspective.

#3 4 years ago

I would get MET.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Floyd:

My game room is upstairs

That should pretty much eliminate WoZ

#5 4 years ago

IJ is just as big as WOZ. . I think WOZ will have more lasting power over the other two

#6 4 years ago

Woz for me once you go color changing inserts it’s hard to go back. Plus LCD >> small DMD.

I’m more focused on the look and display which is clearly Woz for me. Looks, lightening etc. are A+++ on Woz.

All 3 game are great so you can’t go far wrong.

#7 4 years ago

woz by a mile.

#8 4 years ago

I have woz and Metallica. I play Metallica more than any game I own. That said, it's the first to probably go if I sell anything. Woz is amazing on all levels. Woz will be my last to go. It really depends on what you want. Metallica quick adrenaline rush games, but repetitive. Woz a deep adventure mechanical blast. Can't lose with either one.

#9 4 years ago

Never could get into WOZ. Same for MM. Classic that's fun to play now and then but not sure worth big money to own. MET can be found much cheaper and a blast to play. Arguably Stern's best game. Everything is well balanced, easy to understand, and enough depth for most people. I guess you could call it repetitive at times but if you understand the rules, it really isn't. WOZ is definitely a deeper game, though.

#10 4 years ago

Met or Woz..either way they are both fun games that are very challenging and deep. I’ve had both and since sold them but for me I would get another Metallica before I got WOZ..it’s just faster and I liked the flow better. However my WOZ was gorgeous and definitely the prettiest pin I’ve ever had.

#11 4 years ago

Owned 'em all. Sold 'em all. Met is the only one that I missed and bought again. #neverleaving

MM is great fun but not worth the premium price.

Woz is really cool but definitely the worst shooter of the three.

But all are fun, so no wrong choices here. Just hold out for a well-priced HUO and you'll do OK when it comes time to sell and grab one of the others

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Owned 'em all. Sold 'em all. Met is the only one that I missed and bought again. #neverleaving
MM is great fun but not worth the premium price.
Woz is really cool but definitely the worst shooter of the three.
But all are fun, so no wrong choices here. Just hold out for a well-priced HUO and you'll do OK when it comes time to sell and grab one of the others

How about your other two JJP pins. Are those on the chopping block to get swapped out next or do you plan on keeping them for a while?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

How about your other two JJP pins. Are those on the chopping block to get swapped out next or do you plan on keeping them for a while?

DI is pretty much bolted. A favorite by a mile. Hobbit is new-ish for me, but also really digging it. One of the best values out there for sure. It's a ton of game for under 7k (on the secondary market).

#14 4 years ago

Thanks for the input. Seems pretty split between MET and WOZ. In a three game collection I want deeper games that I won't be bored with. I love the adrenaline rush and quick ball times of my Iron Man. I have played WOZ a lot and love it every time I step up to it. I have played MM, but never really spent a ton of time with that pin. It can't be number 1 of 100 for nothing... Metallica is fun when I have played it, but I never had the opportunity to play it in a private collect, it has alway been at location with the volume way down. A ton of people love MET and I'm believing in the Stern fun factor. Great code and fun game interaction. I love Jersey Jack and all the attention he puts into his games. WOZ has the most beautiful playing field in pinball in my opinion. I don't plan on sell IJ soon. It would also be cool to have 1 Stern, 1 JJP, and 1 Williams classic.

#15 4 years ago

AFM is better than Met or MM (just my opinion).

#16 4 years ago

If and when you get to a jjp wizard mode, that's when you realize how special these machines are.

#17 4 years ago

WCS is pretty fun, not sure I wouldn't keep it if it was a really nice one.

#18 4 years ago

bump

#19 4 years ago

MM all day and twice on Sunday. Great theme, great toys, plays like a rocket, not too deep but not too easy. There is a REASON it's a classic.

Metallica is pretty cool too. A lot of the same stuff to say about it as MM. The theme can be a sticker if you're not a Metallica fan but it's a great game no matter what.

WOZ is a cool game with a lot going on, but I don't find it as fun to play as the other two. TONS of toys tho and a legendary theme.

#20 4 years ago

MET by a long shot. Honestly, I prefer the Pro to the Premium/LE. MM is a fun game in someone else's collection. I like to play it once in awhile, but would find it boring in my collection. I've played WOZ alot and just don't care for it. It's overly confusing. I'm sure it's a great game once you figure it out, but I cann't be bothered.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Woz for me once you go color changing inserts it’s hard to go back.

MET Pre has pretty color changing inserts as well - not all of them, but all of the spider inserts are and the game uses them well to indicate modes.

My vote is for MET Pre. I've played WoZ on location many times, and I just never get into it -- I find it boring. It's gorgeous, but just not fun. MM is fun on location, but I don't think it's deep enough for home use personally. MET Pre is just awesome - the hammer smashing the ball under the playfield is still cool after having the machine for almost two years.

That said, if you've played WoZ before and really like it, and that's the way you're leaning, then go for it - plenty of people love the game.

#22 4 years ago

Iron maiden prem over all others by a ton

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Iron maiden prem over all others by a ton

Is Maiden Premium worth upgrading from the pro? I have a pro as temporary trade but would like to buy one for keeps down the road.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Metallica is pretty cool too. A lot of the same stuff to say about it as MM. The theme can be a sticker if you're not a Metallica fan but it's a great game no matter what.

I'm not a Metallica fan and when looking for my first Stern game I narrowed down my choices between MET (Pro) and MET (Premium).

2 weeks later
#25 4 years ago

Bump for some fresh eyes.

#26 4 years ago

MET

For all the reasons already stated in this thread and hundreds of others. It is a FANTASTIC pin!

WOZ is a good pin and would be next.

MM ... zzzzzzzzz
WAY overrated.

#27 4 years ago

At this point I'm leaning towards MET. My kids want WOZ however, and my kids actually love and play the games as much as I do. I think MM is off the short list. Thanks for all the inputs so far.

#28 4 years ago

WOZ by far ! Although it’s a tough game to try to complete, there is so much to do and so many immediate rewards with lights, video, sounds that it keeps getting me back to play it. There are a lot of multiballs options which is what my kids like the most.
I find (don’t jump on me it’s just me) MM to have the same issue as AFM in a home collection, the castle like the saucer takes too much space and makes the game an almost single shot one (well 2 on MM there is the lock nearby), and in time I think it gets very repetitive.
As to MET it’s a fast pace game that delivers a lot of fun, I always enjoy putting coins in it but would never consider having one at home, I prefer longer games with tons of modes and a code that encourages a variety of shots.

#29 4 years ago

They are all good. See what one you can fine at a decent price in your area.

#30 4 years ago

I've owned all of these at some point. MM has a cool toy but the shallowest rules of the group by far and was only in my collection a short time. I had a WoZ for a couple years. It is the best looking game of the group, kids would always say it was their favorite - but apparently only to look at and they would often walk away after 1 ball. Met is the only one of the group I still have in my collection, easily be best game play and rules but perhaps a questionable theme for kids.

#31 4 years ago

Keep the kids happy get WOZ it’s awesome! Had mine since new and I think it’s part of the core collection. Metallica I had for a while and just wasn’t the greatest fan. I enjoyed it but not as much as WOZ

#32 4 years ago

I own 2 out of the 3
Woz is a work of art, beautiful light show plus the LCD, its more of a slow journey paced game than the others...
MET has been my favorite game since I bought it, I like their music, very fast paced just like your IM.
I've played plenty of MM and love the game and its humor, I've never owned one because of the premium price tag.

It all comes down to what you like in your collection, fast paced games, slower playing journeys, or a solid game with some medieval humor...

#33 4 years ago

MEt but I'm not a fan of WOZ at all.

5 months later
#34 4 years ago

Came across this topic...so did you ever pick one?

#35 4 years ago

Choose Woz!!! Or else choose MET and later choose WOZ, and realize you should have chosen WOZ! Sooo many ways to play, score, 3 play fields, amazing sound and call outs, light show.... Choose WOZ...

#36 4 years ago

Whats MM? Just type it out.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

You can hover over any abbreviations you are not familiar with and the full game name will be displayed. I don't think I've seen any confusion with MM being for Medieval Madness, but WW is sometimes used for Water World, White Water, and Whirlwind. To a lesser extent, I've also seen IM as Iron Man and Iron Maiden.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Settle down stud, we already have a system in place

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Choose Woz!!! Or else choose MET and later choose WOZ, and realize you should have chosen WOZ! Sooo many ways to play, score, 3 play fields, amazing sound and call outs, light show.... Choose WOZ...

Yep...best choice by far

#40 4 years ago

Inquiring minds want to know! What was bought?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 91.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-pre-vs-woz-vs-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.