obiGary.jpg
MikeMyersKanyeWest.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
20150813_011936.jpg
met.jpg
20150811_215527.jpg
20150810_151839.jpg
There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Pfff......look at how many Williams sent me......!!!...........Joey
image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#252 8 years ago

What I keep asking myself on Pinside is -- how can Stern have ZERO communication on the #1 pinball site on the Internet? What does that say about the company mindset and philosophy?

(Maybe there is a "site manager" here, and I'm just unaware of it.)

There are actual jobs now called something like "Site Managers?" and part of the job is to cruise the places on the Internet that impact your brand (reddit, facebook, blogs, etc) and make sure your "Brand" is clean on the big sites. The "Site Manager" for Stern should find this thread (and others), and be aware of its negative impact and make your (and Stern's) situation better.

The longer I don't see a Stern rep on this site, the longer they feel to me like... Microsoft in the 90s. Remember those guys?

-mof

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

how can Stern have ZERO communication on the #1 pinball site on the Internet? What does that say about the company mindset and philosophy?

MikeMyersKanyeWest.jpgMikeMyersKanyeWest.jpg

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What I keep asking myself on Pinside is -- how can Stern have ZERO communication on the #1 pinball site on the Internet?

Because Stern is the only game in town.

There are some other boutique companies that have maybe one game that they have delivered in 5 years, but like Gary always says "Stern is the only real pinball company".

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

like Gary always says "Stern is the only real pinball company".

I'd argue that Heighway is going to be a large contender in the upcoming months (especially in europe sales). In America, it's hard to call even JJP a real pinball company at the moment.

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd argue that Heighway is going to be a large contender in the upcoming months (especially in europe sales).

We can only hope this comes true.

The proof is when I can go to my local distributor and grab a few of their games from stock.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

In America, it's hard to call even JJP a real pinball company at the moment.

JJP is a boutique pinball company.

Let's hope this latest bail out lets them move up to the big leagues.

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What I keep asking myself on Pinside is -- how can Stern have ZERO communication on the #1 pinball site on the Internet? What does that say about the company mindset and philosophy?

Stern was around long before pinside. They survived without it. They don't need it.

#258 8 years ago

Stern won't pay a service tech to do the swap and make sure it is in working condition?.This is F-ing Bullsh*t.
Just send the parts out!.Every pinball owners is expected to know and do the labor and technical work.

#259 8 years ago

I personally don't like the Web sight PR people. I'll take over that job for Stern - this is what you typically read. I am sorry that this matter was not completed to your satisfaction please contact stern.support.com for additional help and we thank you for pointing out this issue.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Sure, sounds good and thanks! I hope to get it re-assembled tonight and test, but if not then tomorrow night.
Rob

Sounds good. I'll be away from the game Friday night and Sat but I can get pics of anything you need this PM or Sunday. Any way I can help I'm more than happy to do so.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Stern won't pay a service tech to do the swap and make sure it is in working condition?.This is F-ing Bullsh*t.
Just send the parts out!.Every pinball owners is expected to know and do the labor and technical work.

They might under certain circumstances. That's why it's good to work with your distributor on some issues. In my case I have over 20 years experience with pinball so I don't need an onsite tech. But at the same time I can't solder and do some things because of a muscular disability. So I have a few friends help which is much appreciated (yo Dylan and Nathan!)

Rob

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I personally don't like the Web sight PR people. I'll take over that job for Stern - this is what you typically read. I am sorry that this matter was not completed to your satisfaction please contact stern.support.com for additional help and we thank you for pointing out this issue.

obiGary.jpgobiGary.jpg

#263 8 years ago

I would of took the on-site tech and not burdened myself or friends with this headache.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I would of took the on-site tech and not burdened myself or friends with this headache.

I don't think they minded, they offered to help.. and we play pinball too...

Rob

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I would of took

*have taken

#266 8 years ago

Stern is smart not to engage here. They have pinside by the balls and they know it. We threaten all the time to teach companies a lesson. Then once a new game is released we forget our convictions. How many "never again will I preorder" people pre ordered and were burned in 2015?

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Stern is smart not to engage here. They have pinside by the balls and they know it. We threaten all the time to teach companies a lesson. Then once a new game is released we forget our convictions. How many "never again will I preorder" people pre ordered and were burned in 2015?

Who cares, this isn't the thread for that discussion.

Rob

#268 8 years ago

yea, get that off topic shit out of here. Back to that bacon business.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, get that off topic shit out of here. Back to that bacon business.

Bac-on topic
image.jpgimage.jpg

#270 8 years ago

I hope to have everything back together by tonight. I have some tweaking to do on the coffin magnet level and need to put the snake back in.

Rob

#271 8 years ago

Sorry, maybe I should have taken pictures. I might not be done tonight as I have to fix the mounting of the coffin magnet. The core was too high and off center. Even my friend Dylan said as soon as we unboxed it that the coffin magnet needed to be adjusted. Basically one side of the core was against the wood and the other side had a big gap. The problem is that there's no way to center the magnet core because the holes are drilled 'off' by about 1mm or 2mm. That doesn't seem like much, but with this magnet it is a lot. I had the damn thing perfectly centered and level before shipping the old playfield back.

Rob

#272 8 years ago

Freaking unbelieveable!!

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Freaking unbelieveable!!

Well, to be fair I think there's quite a few MET premiums/le with off center magnet cores. Oh it still works, but it looks like shit when it's like that. I also have to shim one corner of the bracket as it mounts to the playfield to make the core level. Otherwise it has a slight angle to it. It was like that before. Anyhow, I slightly enlarged the 6 holes on the bracket so I can adjust the centering.

If your magnet is not perfectly level, here's a tip to level it. A thin piece of cardboard or plastic inserted at the appropriate location. On mine, it's the 2 top corners. I'm taking a break for now, all this screwing is tiring...

Rob

20150815_203454.jpg20150815_203454.jpg

#274 8 years ago

It was a lot of work, but I finally got the coffin magnet and snake put back in place. Actually, it was the snake that caused the most trouble because I kept losing/dropping the spacing washers. Even though I had them glued in place, they still seemed to come loose at the worst possible time.

Rob

20150816_022558.jpg20150816_022558.jpg

#275 8 years ago

Almost done. Still a few things to test before I put the glass back on.

20150816_024407.jpg20150816_024407.jpg

#276 8 years ago

Well, at least it got autographed. I assume that's John Borg's signature in the bottom left corner.

#277 8 years ago

Im assuming that this playfield is sitting level not warped in you cabinet?

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm taking a break for now, all this screwing is tiring...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

So far it seems pretty good. About 99%.

Quoted from Rickwh:

It's pretty good, a lot better than the other one. My instruction cards are missing.

Rob

20150816_184035.jpg20150816_184035.jpg

#280 8 years ago

This is an interesting thread. It seems to me that the best solution would have been a replacement playfield already populated. In the grand scheme of things how much does it actually cost, especially when the customer may order another machine if they are treated well?

When you have no competition this is what you get. If you like pinball I guess you deal with it. I, for one, would not accept a playfield sent to me stripped with me doing all the work if I bought it new. It would be the last machine I bought new from them.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

It seems to me that the best solution would have been a replacement playfield already populated

They did, and they still messed it up
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-playfield-twisted/page/4#post-2611849

#282 8 years ago

MET is finally back in action! KISS Pro will be joining the collection this coming friday.

Rob

20150816_223756.jpg20150816_223756.jpg

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

MET is finally back in action!

Where there's a will...
-mof

#284 8 years ago

For all you went through, I'm glad its finally up and running. Good luck with the KISS though, hope you don't open another can of worms with that one.......LOL

#285 8 years ago

Right on bro, nice lineup too

#286 8 years ago

Nice to see it all getting resolved Rob!

#287 8 years ago

nice tech work rob.

it's a shame that you had to go through all of this and that stern didn't step up and deliver a QC tested populated playfield that you could have used right out of the box.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

MET is finally back in action! KISS Pro will be joining the collection this coming friday.
Rob

20150816_223756.jpg

Looks good dude!! That MET addition was a long time coming. I'll cross my fingers that KISSPRO NIB shows you way more love.....with all the issues I've seen on here with it and your current bad luck with MET we should all be praying for you

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

20150816_223756.jpg

Sweet line up!!

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Looks good dude!! That MET addition was a long time coming. I'll cross my fingers that KISSPRO NIB shows you way more love.....with all the issues I've seen on here with it and your current bad luck with MET we should all be praying for you

Well I hope it shows up Friday.... The floor slopes to the wall about 1.2 degrees so I'm having a tough time leveling the games in the new basement location. I have the levelers maxxed out and can barely get 6.5, if even that. Need another .2 or .3 degrees pitch. I already made some 'carpet coasters' for the back legs, but it isn't enough.

Rob

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Well I hope it shows up Friday.... The floor slopes to the wall about 1.2 degrees so I'm having a tough time leveling the games in the new basement location. I have the levelers maxxed out and can barely get 6.5, if even that. Need another .2 or .3 degrees pitch. I already made some 'carpet coasters' for the back legs, but it isn't enough.
Rob

I have this same problem at my place... I cut two small hunks of 2x4 to put under the back legs so I could just run the rear levelers in a center position. Works fine, they're touching the wall and they kinda blend in with the scenery back there. lol

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

20150816_223756.jpg

Great news. That's a sweet lineup and KISS should fit in nicely.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Order some Bryan Kelly pin footies and put them under the back legs only.

#294 8 years ago

I received the new RJ11 data cable this week. This replacement is about 20 inches longer and is the correct size for the game now. Chas is also sending me a replacement instruction card for the missing one.

Rob

#295 8 years ago

These are pinball life balls... Generally they have been pretty good, but then again I've never seen balls get so magnetized that they stuck to the inlane guide! 6.7 degree playfield slope. I was playing graveyard multiball, let the flipper down to make the shot and the balls just said 'no way!'.

Otherwise the game has been playing well, no complaints!

Rob

20150821_195647.jpg20150821_195647.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.50
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-playfield-twisted/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.